Author Topic: SB Nation - Cetlics Forum is now Celtics Strong - what happened?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Haven't been following this board all that carefully. May have missed any transition notices (if any) that may have come out.

Could someone provide a link as to what happened to the SB Nation partnership association to this site and who CelticsStrong is affiliated with.  Thank you....

Also, noting fewer postings this year....any reason for it? Are readers wandering elsewhere? 

Re: SB Nation - Cetlics Forum is now Celtics Strong - what happened?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 02:12:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
My understanding of the situation: Sb nation didn't want to continue the forums since the beginning when they acquired celticsblog. They continued them as a courtesy for a while until they decided to allow the blog the option of separating and transitioning to new ownership.. That's where we are

Fewer posts in general is true for all message boards across the internet . Other apps and social networks are acquiring time of users that were formerly spent on message boards

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Link with the first announcement:
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=97272.0

Essentially the forums were kept on as a courtesy, but ended up being too much upkeep and weren't making SB Nation any money, so the forums were to close down.

Volunteers from the community offered to help keep the forums, just move to a new, independent site, and a fund raiser was held to help with costs:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97664.0

And here we are on the other side, the transition just happened a week ago:
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=97698.0

Haven't been following this board all that carefully...

Also, noting fewer postings this year....any reason for it? Are readers wandering elsewhere?

Whatever reason for you not following the board, maybe is the same reason others haven't been posting.  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
Seems like the we all are responsible for the blog now...we can make the best or worst of it within reason. I can only speak for myself but I plan to continue to support and read the blog. I find it very entertaining, educational, opinionated and informative. I truly hope it continues for many years to come. Celtics in 18.....time for a new banner.