Author Topic: Your Celtics Collectable Memorabilia Thread  (Read 3705 times)

Your Celtics Collectable Memorabilia Thread
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Since we are in the off-season doldrums, I thought I would finally start a thread like this for anyone willing to share their pics of stuff, or just chat with pride about their collectables. 

It should be fun to see the diversity.  For example, I have never bought a collectable team athletic jersey, but I'm sure many people out there have a few valuable ones.  My collection is more like rare pictures/plaques/books etc.  I don't have many autographs though.

To make it stretch out and not get swamped too quickly, I would suggest you each only post one item at a time and tell us about it.

My first pic is coming in the thread. Looking forward to see your stuff!

Re: Your Celtics Collectable Memorabilia Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don't have much in the way of stuff that is specifically celtics collectible but I have a pretty epic basketball collection of cards from like 1988-2000 that unfortunately became worthless over time.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i own a share of they celtics stock when they issued shares. i could have turned it back in and recieved a few dollars, but decided to keep it.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Though not particularly valuable, this is a plaque depicting the Big-3 of my two favorite Celtics teams, 1986 and 2008. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/r_shansky/29391033585/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

edit: terrible lighting! I'll post a better shot.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:27:45 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't have much in the way of stuff that is specifically celtics collectible but I have a pretty epic basketball collection of cards from like 1988-2000 that unfortunately became worthless over time.

Yeah, I am right there with you. Inserts were life for several years of my life. LarBrd shared the same interest and recently went on a throwback shopping spree, of which he shared pictures.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 10:23:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I dont wont to post my stuff but will say I own a signed Pierce jersey in plaque with piece of net from the championship season. Then the rest of stuff are normal Jerseys from different C's.
Bird(2), Pierce (3), Dee Brown, KG, Smart.

Also saved a few playoff stubs.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 11:31:34 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Clothes for the most part, not much
2 snapbacks
1 pair of Celtics themed Jordan 1s
1 pair of Celtics socks
Avery Bradley name and number tee
Jeff Green jersey

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:33 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Signed Dennis Johnson jersey and limited edition championship plaque from 2008.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:38:29 AM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
During my Carpenters Union apprenticeship, my class sanded down the Parquet floor , including the Logo at center court, pretty cool, the in-house shop Stewart gave me a piece of the Parquet floor, which I cut up into 4 pieces, one each for my kids,they also gave me a signed b-ball(not sure who's names are on it)and I got interviewed for the local news. Also, back in the day, my Agent knew I was a hoop junkie and she gave me a ticket to the "Johnny Most Roast" which was very cool, sat across from the player table ,I didn't ask for any autographs that night .I was given a bag for the Roast which I have no Idea where it is now, but it was a great night. Back in the day....:)   

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 07:23:04 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
pictures of  my year at jungle jim loscutof summer camp two years,bill russell autograph along with 1965 team on program from hascom airbase exhibition-rollie massimino went into locker room to get these,russell autograph really rare and i heard he stopped all signatures even checks,photo of myself with cousy after a exhibition game,he played one half on each team involving stars of middlesex league area,cousy autograph,heinsohn water color bought at charity auction for gardner museum -that cousy photo sits on my sons dresser to this day
a rondo shirt worn for years by my son a pass first point guard
-also the memory of playing in boston garden under all those banners in tech tourney for rollie massimino, the next day found myself smack dab at top middle of globe sports page shooting a floater in the lane above out stretched hands of jamiaca plain defense
that was so cool back then-boston globe sports page was the best in its day-

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
pictures of  my year at jungle jim loscutof summer camp two years,bill russell autograph along with 1965 team on program from hascom airbase exhibition-rollie massimino went into locker room to get these,russell autograph really rare and i heard he stopped all signatures even checks,photo of myself with cousy after a exhibition game,he played one half on each team involving stars of middlesex league area,cousy autograph,heinsohn water color bought at charity auction for gardner museum -that cousy photo sits on my sons dresser to this day
a rondo shirt worn for years by my son a pass first point guard
-also the memory of playing in boston garden under all those banners in tech tourney for rollie massimino, the next day found myself smack dab at top middle of globe sports page shooting a floater in the lane above out stretched hands of jamiaca plain defense
that was so cool back then-boston globe sports page was the best in its day-
TP rollie, great post.  Tommy's watercolor must be great, he is quite talented.