Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 58605 times)

Re: We are in on Porzingis?
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2023, 03:55:02 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Trading away Gallinari would be a bad look. Guy signed here for the MLE, unfortunately suffered the ACL but then the team just dumps him a year later? How does the optics of that look. Plus I do think Gallinari can actually help this team even as a 7th or 8th man and as a PF. Especially if G-Will is gone.

I'd say he's a much better version of Muscala. Give away Muscala and another player (Kornet) to make it work along with Brogdon.

I don't think this matters, at all. The team is trying to win a chip, I don't think dumping an MLE guy is actually bad optics. Those kind of deals happen all the time, and players getting injured happens.

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2023, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I love his skill set, but that injury history is horrific, and he's got some major character concerns.

I'd make the trade, but I'm skeptical that it works out if this is completed.

I know we aren't supposed to talk about personal life, but did his allegations ever get resolved? Those are still on my mind.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2023, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I really like this trade.  We get a lot bigger.  I feel we need the size to truly battle the likes of the Nuggets and yes, the Lakers.

I envision starting lineup of:

KP
Rob
JT
JB
Smart or White (my preference is White, but Smart has politics on his side)

Bench strength would be quite solid:

White (or Smart)
Horford
Pritchard
Gallo (unless part of trade)
Grant or his sign and trade replacement
Hauser

That's a big, deep team. Horford, Rob and KP can rotate minutes, giving them needed rest, and we still have good options to play small.

KP really played well for Wiz last season. He was finally healthy.  I was at the game last April when the Celtics got destroyed by the Wiz.  Zinger really dominated Al and Rob. I had never seen him play so aggressively.  His inside game has really improved.

Get it done, Brad!!

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2023, 03:56:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Trading away Gallinari would be a bad look. Guy signed here for the MLE, unfortunately suffered the ACL but then the team just dumps him a year later? How does the optics of that look. Plus I do think Gallinari can actually help this team even as a 7th or 8th man and as a PF. Especially if G-Will is gone.

I'd say he's a much better version of Muscala. Give away Muscala and another player (Kornet) to make it work along with Brogdon.

I don't think this matters, at all. The team is trying to win a chip, I don't think dumping an MLE guy is actually bad optics. Those kind of deals happen all the time, and players getting injured happens.

Wow meanwhile... now there's reports he WILL be included in the trade  :-\

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1671607204686831618
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2023, 03:56:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Guys get traded injured and healthy all the time. Why should we punt on an opportunity to better the team because he got injured over a year ago? And it wasn't even playing for us that he got injured.

Mind you, I love Gallo and really wanted to see him suit up for us, but I don't get these takes.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2023, 03:58:03 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Derrick White made brogdan expendable.

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2023, 03:58:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Players should know NBA is a business, bad optics or not. And besides, maybe this is just my view but, this guy got injured playing for another club in an international game. And brought his injury back here which in one way helped hindered us from a championship.

I'm all to let him be dealt for someone dependable. I don't even know if Gallo can contribute consistently pre-ACL injury and this is his second rodeo with that injury.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2023, 03:58:36 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I like Kristaps  but I am worried we are getting Dallas Kristaps as Maz will not create a system where the Jay's and Marcus share the ball with him. That is why I am favouring a CP3 trade.

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2023, 03:59:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Derrick White made brogdan expendable.

Pretty much. Derrick coming back with that improved 3 pointer/having All-Defensive season made Brogdon a luxury.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2023, 04:00:01 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Wow meanwhile... now there's reports he WILL be included in the trade  :-\

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1671607204686831618

Ya the other hing is Galo has no role if they trade for KP. Unless one of Horford or Rob gets dealt then the Horford/Rob/KP becomes your front court rotation. Grant comes back and he's your PF shooter.  In an injury situation Muscala can get some minutes.

It just makes more sense to move off Galo because you are already adding salary by bringing in KP and Gal is the next biggest contract you are reaosnable going to trade.

Also they gave him a PO as a free agent, hard to complain about treatment or optics when a guy gets to opt into almost 7 million off a knee injury.

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2023, 04:00:14 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Gallo opted in and stayed 1 year, and he got hurt. I see no issue in trading him

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2023, 04:02:36 PM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Gallo opted in and stayed 1 year, and he got hurt. I see no issue in trading him

I don’t understand the issue. He got paid for last year for not playing. Now he’ll be paid a bunch of money for next year. I don’t see why it should be a problem.

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2023, 04:02:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I posted the other day I was hoping they would explore KP using Brogdon in a three-team deal. Would be stoked if this happened.

Bring in a vet PG (a la Cassell) for depth, and I really, really like this roster going into next season.

I really liked Brogdon and was excited to see what Gallinari could bring to this team, but adding a player with KP’s skill set and size is something you can’t pass up.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2023, 04:03:40 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Thrilled if we do this. Not a fan of Brogdon at all to be honest. Wanted us to get Bruce Brown instead of Gallanari last year anyway so don't even care if we include him. Bring back Grant if everything makes sense and I'm excited to see Pritchard in an extended role during a prove it year.

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2023, 04:04:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I like Kristaps  but I am worried we are getting Dallas Kristaps as Maz will not create a system where the Jay's and Marcus share the ball with him. That is why I am favouring a CP3 trade.

Why wouldn't the Jays/Marcus give him shots? Al gets shots. Brogdon got shots. White gets shots.

Dallas Porzingis might have been a Luka issue since he seems to struggle alongside other high usage players (the minutes he played with Kyrie reinforced that to me), but that's a conversation for another thread.
2021 Houston Rockets