Author Topic: TNT reports C's medical staff reset Hayward's ankle  (Read 6962 times)

Re: TNT reports C's medical staff reset Hayward's ankle
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 12:42:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Take this for what it's worth, guys and gals.

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/920615384612515844

Orthopedic Surgeon & TSL's official Doctor Fred Cushner says "yes I do think it's possible" that Gordon Hayward will be back this year
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2017, 12:43:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Take this for what it's worth, guys and gals.

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/920615384612515844

Orthopedic Surgeon & TSL's official Doctor Fred Cushner says "yes I do think it's possible" that Gordon Hayward will be back this year

He must mean at least next year, but maybe this season... This year only has two and a half months in it....

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
If you can reset someones ankle don't you have to be sure it's a clean break? If theres pieces of bones floating around obviously you wont try to snap it back into place?
Truly great experienced doctor can diagnose by touching without a xray, but they most likly used a portable xray
Chatted with my friend at work about this for a bit last night after the game. He's a medic in the army and about to start med school, but definitely no expert so don't hold me to this. But he said most of the time with injuries like this they don't reset the bone until extensive evals. Gave 2 reasons for a reset on court, 1 being it was stopping blood flow to the foot and needed to be reset in order to save the foot or 2 a clean break. Praying for number 2. As you said they would not want to reset the ankle if there were splinters of bone in there for risk of it fusing and any movement could cause internal bleeding from muscle rubbing against the splinters. Again he's very knowledgeable but no expert. Best wishes for Gordon and his family and I pray for a healthy and speedy recovery!
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Amen Chilly Willy. Had dozens of shoulder dislocations and pain is excruciating. Sore as hell next day but relief after reset is joyous.

Same here. Relief from intense pain is pretty much the best feeling there is.

When I was in college and visiting friends in College Station, I went to Baylor, I got in a 3 v 4 fight and of course I was fighting two for some reason.  Anyway, some guy grabbed my arm from behind and slung we down while I was fighting a different guy and dislocated my arm.  It all happened so fast and there was so much adrenaline going on I didn't even realize what happened.  I knew my arm wasn't working but at some point it went back.

Next day and unrelated I was horribly sick with the flu.  I had driven home to Waco but my shoulder was mildly sore.  I was so sick though with a headache and throwing up I didn't think a thing about it.  I didn't put it all together until that night when I went to bed and rolled over from my back to my side.  OMG the pain was unreal.  Of course I got off the shoulder immediately and the pain was instantly gone.  Like a pain you remembered from your childhood but really can't even imagine now.  But it was there just a second before and instantly gone.

Well this went on for about a year.  Once in a coed softball game I rounded first  going to second on a double and the first baseman was standing in the way.  Ran into him shoulder first and there it was again.  Excruciating pain, arm doesn't move... then it pops back in and it is all smiles.  Weird.