Author Topic: Celticsblog Draft III Interest Thread  (Read 327929 times)

Re: Celticsblog Draft III Interest Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Couple Suggestions:

Forget about conventional divisions and all that jazz. At the end of the the draft and trading period, each team decides to enter into 1 of 2 categories:

1. Team that wins now.
2. Team in the best position 5 years from now.

and just have 1 poll.

There's definitely been some discussions on format.  We're working on finalizing a few things and we'll definitely get the parameters and rules up soon.

Everone feel free to make suggestions here, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2009, 12:05:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Couple Suggestions:

Forget about conventional divisions and all that jazz. At the end of the the draft and trading period, each team decides to enter into 1 of 2 categories:

1. Team that wins now.

and just have 1 poll.

There's definitely been some discussions on format.  We're working on finalizing a few things and we'll definitely get the parameters and rules up soon.

I suggest the crotonats gets No. 1 pick  ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Couple Suggestions:

1. Team that wins now.

and just have 1 poll.

I suggest the crotonats gets No. 1 pick  ;)

Let me rephrase that, "realistic suggestions".  ;)

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
When are the team assignments going to be finalized?
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
at the risk of cluttering up this thread, i'm gonna post my team from last year.

Lots of gems (Granger (2nd round), Gortat (15th Rnd), Thompson(FA)), pleasant surprises from vet players (Barnes, Telfair, Miller) along with some obvious busts/injuries/retirees....I still think we were in the title hunt at least.

PG - Billups / Telfair / Jason Williams
SG - Stuckey / Devin Brown
SF - Granger / Matt Barnes / Matt Harpring
PF - Duncan / Jason Thompson / Shelden Williams
C  - Brad Miller / Gortat / Foyle / David Harrison

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
When are the team assignments going to be finalized?

I'll let this thread sit out here for two or three days just so that anyone who might not be on CB today can still respond to this thread tomorrow or Wednesday.  Once we have a number, we'll see where we're at with openings vs. those with interest and go from there.

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
My suggestion relates to something we thought up last year but never implemented...

I'd love to see an honest effort to get these teams into a season simulation on NBA2k10.  We can vote, argue, and posture all day about who's team would win what, but a simulation would be a real fun and interesting way to determine a champion.  It would also be a fun way to find out what players win what individual awards and could also be a good way to gauge team chemistry and depth due to unforeseen events such as injuries.

I know this would take a lot of effort.  perhaps we could include an incentive for whoever could volunteer.  Does a buttload of Tommy Points interest anyone? haha

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
My suggestion relates to something we thought up last year but never implemented...

I'd love to see an honest effort to get these teams into a season simulation on NBA2k10.  We can vote, argue, and posture all day about who's team would win what, but a simulation would be a real fun and interesting way to determine a champion.  It would also be a fun way to find out what players win what individual awards and could also be a good way to gauge team chemistry and depth due to unforeseen events such as injuries.

I know this would take a lot of effort.  perhaps we could include an incentive for whoever could volunteer.  Does a buttload of Tommy Points interest anyone? haha

If someone wants to volunteer and to that, by all means, go ahead.  We'll still have our usual presentations, polls, and such but the simulation would be a great supplement to this.

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

another option that had been disucssed in anotehr forum after our mini-all-time draft was to use What If Sports (fox sports' simulator)... i think it costs some money, but i'd chip in if someone wanted to prove my team is the best :)

discussion of whatif sports:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=29349.0
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:53:54 PM by Gainesville Celtic »

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'd love to do it again, I was the Pacers back in Draft 2.0

Derek Rose
Monta Ellis
Jared Jefries
Rasheed Wallace
Sam Dalembert

If I'm accepted, and if he's not accepted as a seperate GM, and willing, I'd love to have JGod back.

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

another option that had been disucssed in anotehr forum after our mini-all-time draft was to use What If Sports (fox sports' simulator)... i think it costs some money, but i'd chip in if someone wanted to prove my team is the best :)

NBA2k10 would be sweet but perhaps unrealistic.  If it would only be a couple bucks per person/team i'd throw down for What If Sports. Esp if it means someone else does all the dirty work and we get to sit back and see the results...

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
We may want to PM them, or hope they find this thread, but from the restart of last year's thread these 4 GMs expressed interest in returning (and looks like they haven't yet weighed in):

REBUS RANKIN:

I'm in. Not sure if I want the Clippers again or a new team.

CeltsRP33 -- don't remember him/her, maybe took over the Heat late?
I'm in again for sure.  The Heat is on! 

BIG AL THE FUTURE - was he the Spurs? I had many trade discussions with him, good GM
I'm down to play again.

---

BUCKNERS REVENGE -- looks like a maybe now that i look closer
yeah i'll go again this year if i can. overall after looking at my roster i'm exremely pleased with how my group fared in reality.

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

NBA2k10 would be sweet but perhaps unrealistic.  If it would only be a couple bucks per person/team i'd throw down for What If Sports. Esp if it means someone else does all the dirty work and we get to sit back and see the results...

Looks like What If Sports costs $10/person... not a few bucks... sorry.

If anyone wants to come to Gainevsille we could sim the season using Strat-O-Matic!

Anyone ever play that? So awesome we'd play for hours. Oh, the days before the internet...

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
After much (or almost no) negotiation, my friend and I have agreed to enter the results in an NBA2k10 simulation. We are always interested in this sort of thing, and may co-author a preview type post and/or other updates. We have much to discuss based on how we will do it and what we will do, but the important thing is we will do it.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
After much (or almost no) negotiation, my friend and I have agreed to enter the results in an NBA2k10 simulation. We are always interested in this sort of thing, and may co-author a preview type post and/or other updates. We have much to discuss based on how we will do it and what we will do, but the important thing is we will do it.

Gluttons for punishment!

Would you like to take over the TP Honor Roll while you're at it  ;D
Yup