Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy baseball keeper league (year 2)  (Read 15716 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy baseball keeper league (year 2)
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2009, 02:40:40 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
just to be sure, do we draft our keepers with our first 7 picks or are they automatically on our teams?

From what I've gathered, I believe they are already on our teams and we will be drafting from the pool of players who weren't kept.  But I'm sure yall hate can give you the definitive answer.

I believe they are on our teams and the draft 'starts' at round 8...but I have never done it with keepers before so I am not sure.

I am pretty sure they are already there though...

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
just to be sure, do we draft our keepers with our first 7 picks or are they automatically on our teams?

From what I've gathered, I believe they are already on our teams and we will be drafting from the pool of players who weren't kept.  But I'm sure yall hate can give you the definitive answer.

cool
I believe they are on our teams and the draft 'starts' at round 8...but I have never done it with keepers before so I am not sure.

I am pretty sure they are already there though...

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Sorry if this was already asked/answered... but how sure are we that the keepers are on our teams?  I know when I view the Players it says who owns them and has a "K" next to their name... but they are still included in the pre-Draft rankings?  Never done a keeper before so just trying to make sure it all works out okay.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2009, 10:17:35 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Sorry if this was already asked/answered... but how sure are we that the keepers are on our teams?  I know when I view the Players it says who owns them and has a "K" next to their name... but they are still included in the pre-Draft rankings?  Never done a keeper before so just trying to make sure it all works out okay.

I placed every player individually on the teams.  I am not promising smooth results because I have never done this before, but I followed the steps they described. 

I think the league does a quick 'auto draft' of the first 7 rounds.  but I really dont know.

Honestly, I guess we will find out tomorrow.

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

I placed every player individually on the teams.  I am not promising smooth results because I have never done this before, but I followed the steps they described. 

I think the league does a quick 'auto draft' of the first 7 rounds.  but I really dont know.

Honestly, I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Cool, sounds fine to me.  No worries if something doesn't work right, you've been putting forth quite an effort to this so it would be from no fault of yours.  Looking forward to the draft, and glad it's keeper, because I have no idea how most players are ranked right now.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
we are looking for a replacement manager.

The team is currently 10th out of 12 teams (but only 8 games out of 6th, which is a playoff spot).  It has some of the top players in the game, but is being neglected.

If anyone is interested in jumping into the league (and will be active), please let me know