Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy baseball keeper league (year 2)  (Read 15715 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy baseball keeper league (year 2)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 08:42:12 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Hey, sorry... you PMed me and I just responded with my CelticsBlog username.

I'm an idiot.

Didn't remember what my name was in the league.  I would be Minnesota M&M Boys... ready to roll.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

I'm an idiot.

Didn't remember what my name was in the league.  I would be Minnesota M&M Boys... ready to roll.

Nevermind... you were asking for my CelticsBlog name.  I'm not an idiot!!

Okay, well, so  you should have my info and what not for the baseball league... I didn't get the email you speak of though.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

I'm an idiot.

Nevermind... you were asking for my CelticsBlog name.  I'm not an idiot!!

Okay, well, so  you should have my info and what not for the baseball league... I didn't get the email you speak of though.

I just pm'd you all of the info.  You should be all set.  I will update my list with your yahoo name and the CB name.

See you in the league.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Ya'll Hate
Nerf DPOY
Todd Hinds
Hpantazo
Gomesfan
Redz
Minnesota M&M Boys
RoyHobbs
Crownsy
celts4life
JGod213
Clemens Roid Party

Bold names have logged into the Yahoo site.  Hopefully we can get the rest locked down so that we know who we need to replace (if any).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:15:32 PM by yall hate »

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
for the draft, how about just running a live draft through yahoo like usual except everyone must chose their 7 kept players with the first 7 picks? It' s just easier at least for me to see what players are still available when drafting later on.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
for the draft, how about just running a live draft through yahoo like usual except everyone must chose their 7 kept players with the first 7 picks? It' s just easier at least for me to see what players are still available when drafting later on.

I think this would be awesome...I just dont think that we will get everyone into the draft.  There is always someone who cant make it.  and with autodraft, if one person (the computer) drafts someone they shouldnt, it will screw it all up you know?

If we can get everyone to agree to a time (or at least ensure everyone will be there for the first 7 rounds) then that would work out well.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 11:30:05 PM »

Offline celts4life

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Hey guys, sorry for the delay.  Just signed up and am ready to go.  Excited for another fun season.  I'm pretty flexible in terms of draft time.  Mornings on weekdays are the worst time for me (and likely for many of you as well!).

As for a method, I would certainly be in support of a live Yahoo draft where we each select our keepers in our first seven selections, although I agree that it's unlikely we'll be able to get everyone together.  If not, I think a live chat would be better than a thread.  But I'm really ok with whatever everyone decides.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
10 of 12 in the yahoo league. 

Just waiting on Jgod, and I still dont know who Clemens Roid Party was. 

once we have all 12 we can try and find a draft time that works for everyone (so that we could try and do a live draft) but if that doesn't happen we will need to do one on here (I'll put up the draft order, and all of the available players, and the list will be updated as necessary).  That procedure certainly isnt the best way of doing it, but it worked out fairly well with the basketball league.

with a live chat, wouldnt we still have a problem of people not showing up?

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 04:16:56 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
ok, we got everyone but clemens roid party (I don't know his CB name, and he hasn't responded to my emails).  I have offered his spot to LB3533, who was the first person to ask if there was any room.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:07:48 PM by yall hate »

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
If we need to pay for the league to do a live draft with our keepers, I would be willing to pick up the fee!
Everyone can pay me in TP's lol/jk
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 05:10:33 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
actually, Yahoo appears to allow keeper's to be used in the free version (not sure why I never noticed, I think it is new this year)

let me look into it to make sure it really is feasible and if thats the case we can just do a live draft.

Thanks for the offer gomesfan...

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 05:17:56 PM »

Offline celts4life

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
actually, Yahoo appears to allow keeper's to be used in the free version (not sure why I never noticed, I think it is new this year)

let me look into it to make sure it really is feasible and if thats the case we can just do a live draft.

Thanks for the offer gomesfan...

That would be great.  I've never participated in a keeper league on Yahoo, but if that's an option for the free game it certainly makes things easier.

And I second the thank you to gomesfan.  Appreciate it!

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
ok so we can do the free keeper system on yahoo.  Sorry I am a bumbling fool and didnt realize.

I think the consensus was to have the draft mid week at night correct?

I randomly picked a tuesday at 645 pm just to lock our place in the system, but that can be changed as necessary. 

I am not sure if they let me do random draft order with the keeper league, so is it all right with everyone if I do reverse order from the league's final results last year?

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ok so we can do the free keeper system on yahoo.  Sorry I am a bumbling fool and didnt realize.

I think the consensus was to have the draft mid week at night correct?

I randomly picked a tuesday at 645 pm just to lock our place in the system, but that can be changed as necessary. 

I am not sure if they let me do random draft order with the keeper league, so is it all right with everyone if I do reverse order from the league's final results last year?

mid week is fine with me, but Tuesday is the only night i cant do :(
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 05:43:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I can make most evenings after 7:00pm.  I won't be available to draft from March 18 until March 23; otherwise, I should be okay.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions