Author Topic: Cleveland will not win a championship title  (Read 14614 times)

Re: Cleveland will not win a championship title
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Do not discount Varejao and Waiters defensively, especially Waiters.  I think playing next to James will do wonders for Waiters on both ends of the floor.  If they can land Marion, they will add another credible defender as well.  Center could be a real problem for them as Varejao is always hurt and Haywood just isn't very good, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see plenty of lineups with James at the 4 and Love at the 5 and frankly against most teams that won't be a problem at all.

Chicago, even with a healthy Rose, will not beat Cleveland.  They just have no one to defend James.  He will have a triple double field day all day long.  Not to mention, even Gibson will struggle to hang with Love.  On the other end of the floor I fully expect James to totally shut down Rose, leaving them in a bit of trouble offensively. 

Frankly I think Miami might pose more of a challenge as I really expect Bosh to go off.  That said the team to watch in the east is Washington as they are the only team that could pose a real problem for Cleveland in the East if everything comes together for them and Pierce can stay relatively fresh for the playoffs.  They have the players 1-3 to pose difficulties for the Cavs on both ends of the floor and their big athletic big guys should also do reasonable well on both ends of the floor, especially Gortat down low.  That is the only match-up in the East that I would be interested in watching as that is the only team I see with a good chance at beating Cleveland.

Why does EVERYONE seem to sleep on the FACT that the Bulls signed Gasol??  He is still around a +20 player in this league with years and years of playoff experience, not to mention rings.  Also, Jimmy Butler made the All-NBA defensive team this year, yet the Bulls allegedly have NO ONE to defend James??  Really now.  Let's give Jimmy the respect he has earned please.

Smitty77

While I love the signing Pau hasn't averaged 20ppg since 06-07. Though hes consistently been around 17-18 ppg the past few years.

He averaged 17 and 10 and shot a very respectable 48% from the floor.  That is solid.
It also isn't much better than Boozer, which is what I was getting at.  Gasol is a slightly better Boozer.  He won't add much to the Bulls in the scheme of things.

Right what I was saying is that while pau is still a solid player he isn't a shoe in or guaranteed 20ppg scorer
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.