Author Topic: Casey wins Coach of the Year.... After Getting Fired!  (Read 1653 times)

Re: Casey wins Coach of the Year.... After Getting Fired!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 12:23:37 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I truly value championships above all else in team sports, but the NBA awards so far this season are highlighting (for me) how absurd all the awards are.
  • Casey wins Coach of the Year for doing ... exactly what he was expected to do? And then gets fired.
  • A second-year player wins Rookie of the Year. Yeah, yeah, he didn't play any games in his first season, but I guarantee that his contract situation and how the league views his "years of service" do, in fact, include his first season. In other words, his first season "counts" in all senses of the word—except for when it comes to ROY voting.
  • LeBron should win MVP this season—he probably should've won it every year of his career—but it'll go to Harden.

More proof that the NBA is a joke, and it's worth watching only because of the Boston Celtics.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
CBS's revenge will be hanging Banner #18 next year.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 10:09:29 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I truly value championships above all else in team sports, but the NBA awards so far this season are highlighting (for me) how absurd all the awards are.
  • Casey wins Coach of the Year for doing ... exactly what he was expected to do? And then gets fired.
  • A second-year player wins Rookie of the Year. Yeah, yeah, he didn't play any games in his first season, but I guarantee that his contract situation and how the league views his "years of service" do, in fact, include his first season. In other words, his first season "counts" in all senses of the word—except for when it comes to ROY voting.
  • LeBron should win MVP this season—he probably should've won it every year of his career—but it'll go to Harden.

More proof that the NBA is a joke, and it's worth watching only because of the Boston Celtics.

Simmons winning rookie of the year is not the same  as the other two. Whether we like it or not the definition of a rookie allows this kind of things. So u der those rules voting for Simmons was not obsurd nor illegal.

But Casey getting the coty is borderline stupid and shows bias