Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343926 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2775 on: May 26, 2019, 11:09:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I doubt there is any bargaining here. NO will get what they want from the Celtics for AD. I don't see any other way Ainge is going to be able to keep Irving and take the team to the next level. And I still have my doubts with Stevens as coach unless he broadens the offense and defends the paint better. And it might do some good to break up this team, which has chemistry problems. I would add that an ex-player like Pierce needs to be added to the coaching staff.

like they assume in first take etc

Irving and CBS disconnect is about CBS wanting to get better as the season progresses

Irving and Lebron just wing it , in the regular season and then try in the playoffs.  But we saw what a disaster this "style" became this season

Just can't see Celts parting ways with CBS nor CBS getting "lazy"

IF AD is brought here, it will be for the cheap.... otherwise there is no point

You keep naking things up.

There is no evidence of anything you posted but there is evidence that irving improved his passing, amount of passes amd time of possession this past season along with everything else.

Are you and goukie88 oblivious about Kyrie crap on purpose?

"I can't wait for all this other B.S. about the regular season, keep getting better, talking over and over and over again about what we can do to keep getting better playing in the regular season," Irving said. "I just want to be at the highest level playing."

That quote shows the kyrie was sick of talking about and instead wanted to be performing at top levels.

That is not a bad thing.
And absolutely Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. the bed while still managing to be an ass about it. Not agreeing with Triboy but people are rightfully p---ed at Kyrie for this.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2776 on: May 26, 2019, 11:10:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I doubt there is any bargaining here. NO will get what they want from the Celtics for AD. I don't see any other way Ainge is going to be able to keep Irving and take the team to the next level. And I still have my doubts with Stevens as coach unless he broadens the offense and defends the paint better. And it might do some good to break up this team, which has chemistry problems. I would add that an ex-player like Pierce needs to be added to the coaching staff.

Irving and CBS disconnect is about CBS wanting to get better as the season progresses

Irving and Lebron just wing it , in the regular season and then try in the playoffs.  But we saw what a disaster this "style" became this season

There is no evidence of anything you posted but there is evidence that irving improved his passing, amount of passes amd time of possession this past season along with everything else.

"I can't wait for all this other B.S. about the regular season, keep getting better, talking over and over and over again about what we can do to keep getting better playing in the regular season," Irving said. "I just want to be at the highest level playing."

That quote shows the kyrie was sick of talking about and instead wanted to be performing at top levels.

That is not a bad thing.

if you really understood what he meant by "high level", he wanted to "skip" to the playoffs

« Reply #2777 on: May 26, 2019, 11:39:31 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

That is not a bad thing.

if you really understood what he meant by "high level", he wanted to "skip" to the playoffs

if kyrie really wants to "skip it to the playoffs" at age 26, and still, as an unproven leader and a franchise player i would instatnly let him walk

you skip to the playoffs after winning a chip of two and then you can say, hey lets tone it down and be ready for the PO, not as a young team that hasn't really done anything.

and for the record, all that skipping the regular season is just bull and an excuse for not being where you were and rarelly do you see teams winning it all
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2778 on: May 26, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

That is not a bad thing.

if kyrie really wants to "skip it to the playoffs" at age 26, and still, as an unproven leader and a franchise player i would instatnly let him walk

you skip to the playoffs after winning a chip of two and then you can say, hey lets tone it down and be ready for the PO, not as a young team that hasn't really done anything.

and for the record, all that skipping the regular season is just bull and an excuse for not being where you were and rarelly do you see teams winning it all
Kyrie wanted to skip to the playoffs with a team full of players he’s NEVER been to the playoffs with 😂. Think he thought he was still on the Cavs with Lebron I guess. Him bombing in the playoffs hopefully humbled him a bit.

« Reply #2779 on: May 26, 2019, 01:12:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That is not a bad thing.

You're making nonsense conclusions from a nothing quote. Next
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2780 on: May 26, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

That is not a bad thing.
And absolutely **** the bed while still managing to be an ass about it. Not agreeing with Triboy but people are rightfully p---ed at Kyrie for this.

Yeah well Hayward makes 30 million per year and p---ed the bed in the same playoff and the same people are not bothered at all.

« Reply #2781 on: May 26, 2019, 02:07:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

That is not a bad thing.
And absolutely **** the bed while still managing to be an ass about it. Not agreeing with Triboy but people are rightfully p---ed at Kyrie for this.

Yeah well Hayward makes 30 million per year and p---ed the bed in the same playoff and the same people are not bothered at all.
so what is your point here? so what if hayward was terrible in the playoffs and people have not chimed in as much about it? how does it fundamentally change the debate taking place on kyrie?

if you wish to begin a hayward-sucks-eggs debate, please be my guest. but to introduce it ad hoc into this discussion makes no sense as you have positioned it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2782 on: May 26, 2019, 02:53:17 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

That is not a bad thing.

Maybe he would of performed better if Kyrie never broke him

« Reply #2783 on: May 26, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

That is not a bad thing.

Are people trying to blame Kyrie for Hayward's injury now?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2784 on: May 26, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser

That is not a bad thing.

Are people trying to blame Kyrie for Hayward's injury now?

Kyrie's responsible for global warming, war in the Middle East and Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The Next Big Three: Kyrie, Davis and...
« Reply #2785 on: May 26, 2019, 08:13:22 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
...KD!

1) Three-way trade with the Suns and Pelicans after Kyrie makes friendship deals with Durant, Davis and Horford (who’s friends with Durant). This even eclipses what LeBron orchestrated with Miami in 2010:

To Suns: Rozier S&T + Hayward + 14 + 20 + 22 + *

To Pelicans: 6 + Tatum + Brown + Baynes + Yabusele + Williams + Ojeleye + *

To Celtics: Davis

* If necessary, Suns and Pelicans exchange fillers with each other to make the math work.

2) Horford opts out

3) Kyrie and Durant sign long-term on July 1

4) Davis signs a long-term extension

5) Horford re-signs for however much cap is leftover

6) LeBron James will never win another championship. Durant gets to prove to Golden State next year that they are not better without him.

Starters
Irving
Smart
Durant
Horford
Davis

Bench
Theis
MLE (Morris?)
Vets willing to take the minimum to be a part of it all

Note: In 2020 or 2021, add the Memphis pick to the bench...

Re: The Next Big Three: Kyrie, Davis and...
« Reply #2786 on: May 26, 2019, 08:19:30 PM »

• Sam Hauser
Even if Horford opts out, Boston won't have any cap room, let alone enough to max Durant out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:52:42 PM by Never Nervous Pervis »

« Reply #2787 on: May 26, 2019, 08:23:35 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
If we only have Kyrie (whatever his max would be), Davis ($27 mil), Smart ($12.5 mil) and Theis ($1.8 mil) on the books, can we really not afford Durant? Horford would have to take the most considerable cut, or might get left out in the cold. Perhaps Kyrie takes a lower first year amount to make it all work (or even opts in and then signs the extension)? That and/or Smart gets thrown into the dumpster fire and we somehow parlay his addition into a 1st rounder in 2020 or 2021?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:36:45 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #2788 on: May 26, 2019, 08:36:13 PM »

• Sam Hauser
If we only have Kyrie (whatever his max would be), Davis ($27 mil), Smart ($12.5 mil) and Theis ($1.8 mil) on the books, can we really not afford Durant? Horford would have to take the most considerable cut, or might get left out in the cold. Perhaps Kyrie takes a lower first year amount to make it all work?

If Horford opts out, his cap hold would still be 120% of this year's salary (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). So the Celtics would then have to renounce his rights or wait for him to sign elsewhere. And Durant and Horford are friends, so renouncing Horford won't help our chances land KD.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:55:09 PM by Never Nervous Pervis »

« Reply #2789 on: May 26, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
What if we all agree to renounce Horford and still re-sign him? There’s no rule against doing that to make the math work.