Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572904 times)

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Phoenix's plummet has been some impressive tanking.  Bye bye 3rd slot, you had a good run.  Here's hoping for the T-Wolves development.
Yup

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Knicks really suck

Seriously. Instead of vying for a ring with Lebron in Cleveland, Carmelo thought it would be better to endure through another miserable season in New York since being traded by the deadline as opposed to the summer would give him only $3 million as opposed to $9 million. Atleast Carmelo will still be a little richer when all is said and done as opposed to still being filthy rich and possibly having some glory to go with it.

Keep gettin' dem checks Melo!

TP......thinking the same exact thing ....that trade kicker uptick was definitely the reason that Anthony didn't agree to the trade. He'll blast next year.

Only consolation is that POS Jackson, if he's still there and doesn't blast himself to Ms. Buss and LALa land, will get fewer assets in return for Anthony's diminished value.

Tonight sucks for us, though. This Knicks team has NO heart.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:39:47 PM by csfansince60s »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
Nets gonna win their next game too against Charlotte....ugghh.....this pick is gonna be worthless by draft time.
Somebody update me on their strength of schedule rest of the way.

Very easy schedule through mid-March, including Phoenix, Minnesota, Denver, LAL, 2XPHI. After that, a little tougher but not what I would call difficult. A couple of Indianas, a Detroit, Miami and Orlando, and 2XCleveland. Also play Toronto on the last game of the season - playoff rest for Raptors possible.

Minnesota lost today brings them within two.

Mike

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Knicks really suck

Seriously. Instead of vying for a ring with Lebron in Cleveland, Carmelo thought it would be better to endure through another miserable season in New York since being traded by the deadline as opposed to the summer would give him only $3 million as opposed to $9 million. Atleast Carmelo will still be a little richer when all is said and done as opposed to still being filthy rich and possibly having some glory to go with it.

Keep gettin' dem checks Melo!

TP......thinking the same exact thing ....that trade kicker uptick was definitely the reason that Anthony didn't agree to the trade. He'll blast best year.

Only consolation is that POS Jackson, if he's still there and doesn't blast himself to Ms. Buss and LALa land, will get fewer assets in return for Anthony's diminished value.

Tonight sucks for us, though. This Knicks team has NO heart.

They somehow downgraded when they fired Derek Fisher and replaced him with Kurt Rambis.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Good freaking grief, Knicks.

This is exactly why I was wanting Danny to go ahead and use the pick, because I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to get screwed yet again in the lottery. I doubt Brooklyn plays worse ball than Phoenix the rest of the year, so at best this pick is going to land fourth worst, which means we'll more than likely be picking fifth.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This is exactly why I was wanting Danny to go ahead and use the pick, because I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to get screwed yet again in the lottery. I doubt Brooklyn plays worse ball than Phoenix the rest of the year, so at best this pick is going to land fourth worst, which means we'll more than likely be picking fifth.

I suspect your intuition is correct.

I've been cautious / pessimistic about where that pick is gonna fall all season long (much to the consternation of celticsclay and others), and the pick has remained in the bottom few spots.  Still ... it's hard not still be worried we're gonna miss out on a top 5 pick once again.  I have zero real hope we'll get one of the top two picks.

Just feels like the Celts aren't meant to be able to build a great team the simple way via getting an elite player at the top of the draft.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

I suspect your intuition is correct.

I've been cautious / pessimistic about where that pick is gonna fall all season long (much to the consternation of celticsclay and others), and the pick has remained in the bottom few spots.  Still ... it's hard not still be worried we're gonna miss out on a top 5 pick once again.  I have zero real hope we'll get one of the top two picks.

Just feels like the Celts aren't meant to be able to build a great team the simple way via getting an elite player at the top of the draft.

Hell, I would rather trade it just so I can stop worrying about where that dang pick is going to land.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I watched the entire Wolves game. Still see this pick as 4th or 5th worst odds, likeliest 4th. I would have taken that in a heartbeat at the beginning of the season. I like what I see from the Wolves even though they lost today!

Onto the next game! Woohoo!  8)

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
This is going to be a long second half, but lets be real here, we should be happy with a top 5 pick. Brooklyn should really fall between the 6-10 range.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Man, I just love being a fan of a team that occasionally wins.  :laugh:

Today was one of the occasional wins. Still love the Nets! Wooooo!  :P

None of these Brooklyn wins moving forward will be worse than when the C's lost twice to them. Lol.  ;)

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
On the positive side, 18 of the 27 remaining Nets games are on the road.  So far the Nets road record is 4-19. 

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Nets gonna win their next game too against Charlotte....ugghh.....this pick is gonna be worthless by draft time.
Somebody update me on their strength of schedule rest of the way.

Very easy schedule through mid-March, including Phoenix, Minnesota, Denver, LAL, 2XPHI. After that, a little tougher but not what I would call difficult. A couple of Indianas, a Detroit, Miami and Orlando, and 2XCleveland. Also play Toronto on the last game of the season - playoff rest for Raptors possible.

Minnesota lost today brings them within two.

Mike

The Nets have a cupcake schedule. I just looked over it and think they will end up with about 23 wins - maybe even 25 if playoff teams are resting. This is awful. I foresee them finishing with the 5th worst record and us getting pick 7 or 8.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I'm an optimist, we're winning the lottery no matter where the Nets end up!

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
TP...been saying this all season.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker

TP! Owning another team's lottery pick isn't something that comes around often. I'm thrilled and optimistic and enjoying this occurrence!  8)