Author Topic: NBA Live 2009  (Read 2823 times)

NBA Live 2009
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:34:26 AM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
Have a question.  My step son has challanged me to a game of NBA Live 2009 (on Xbox 360).  He says I will NEVER beat him.  For background, I am in my mid 30's, just missing the video game boom.  That being said, I have played a little, and mostly sports games.  I understand pretty well how they work, how to move, pass, etc.

I also understand from glancing at the game, and the manual, that there is a lot deeper depth to the games than there used to be, plays, etc.

I will have probably an hour prep time before playing him.  I will play as the Celtics.
My question is this:  What should I focus on to beat him?  Is there a spot where I should shoot with Ray Allen?  Give the ball to Pierce to shoot every time?  Is there a certain play to run that will work every time? (I remember in one of the Madden games you just sent your best receiver deep every time) Is there a certain timing on letting the shot button go?

Many tommy points to anyone that can give me the coles notes version on winning this game!

Thanks to all that help!

Re: NBA Live 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:40:56 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't play live, but I'm pretty sure this begginers strategy will work (it does in 2k). Pick the Cavs and attack the basket relentlessly with Lebron James. It's not real life so don't worry too much abouut sharing the ball or ball movement. If your going to shoot jumpers make sure that they are 3s.

Just so you know I only say pick the Cavs because Lebron James is a video game cheat code.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
With live it's all about transition. You can even manufacture it by giving Rondo (your PG) a running start after a basket is made by your opponent. At least that seemed to be the trend on NBA live 2008 when I played it online.

Gamertag: thedean24 ;)
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
On live 09 they call horrible offensive foul calls on everything so don't drive all the time.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 12:02:04 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Get NBA2k10 instead of the next NBA Live game... The NBA2k series is way better than the Live series.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 12:15:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Have a question.  My step son has challanged me to a game of NBA Live 2009 (on Xbox 360).  He says I will NEVER beat him.  For background, I am in my mid 30's, just missing the video game boom.  That being said, I have played a little, and mostly sports games.  I understand pretty well how they work, how to move, pass, etc.

I also understand from glancing at the game, and the manual, that there is a lot deeper depth to the games than there used to be, plays, etc.

I will have probably an hour prep time before playing him.  I will play as the Celtics.
My question is this:  What should I focus on to beat him?  Is there a spot where I should shoot with Ray Allen?  Give the ball to Pierce to shoot every time?  Is there a certain play to run that will work every time? (I remember in one of the Madden games you just sent your best receiver deep every time) Is there a certain timing on letting the shot button go?

Many tommy points to anyone that can give me the coles notes version on winning this game!

Thanks to all that help!

How did it go?`

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
my experience is to keep driving. i've always had a trouble with outside shots in the live series but no one can stop drives.... the computerized defensive is a joke.

Become Legendary.