Author Topic: Antoine wants Lebron in green  (Read 15935 times)

Re: Antoine wants Lebron in green
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I really wouldn't want LeBron trying to override DA and CBS. That would just feel wrong. He'd have to buy in to what we do

I didn't follow his career close enough in Miami, but I think overall he deferred to Pat Riley.  I wonder if Lebron became co-GM in Cleveland because of what he saw in Miami:  years of being a bit complacent, not improving the team, letting guys like Mike Miller go over money, etc. 

I don't think it would be a problem in Boston in this fantasy world.
I can't particularly remember, but I feel like that may have been the case. I wonder how he and Brad would coexist.

If Kyrie & he could coexist in a more ball-sharing system under Brad, surrounded by three guys (3 of Hayward, Horford, Brown and Tatum) who shoot 38-43% from 3 then that is a potential three peat.

I think Horford is the guy to trade for James, I'd also include Brown or Tatum as I just don't see the minutes being there for both and I think it will take more than Horford to get the Cavs to make the trade.  I'd get back Korver as well as I think he would be good off the bench for his shooting.  So Horford, Brown/Tatum, Yabu (or Semi and Nader) for James, Korver. 

At that point, I'd try to move Irving and Tatum/Brown as a centerpiece for Davis or Irving as a centerpiece for Leonard.  I would be worried about the Irving and James combination and in this scenario you move on from Irving since you are bringing James in.  So let's say Irving, Morris, BOS 1st for Leonard and Mills and it is Brown that goes out for James.  Boston then re-signs the free agents.

PG - Mills, Rozier
SG - Hayward, Smart
SF - Leonard, Korver, Ojeleye
PF - James, Tatum, Theis
C - Baynes, Monroe

I say bring that on.
That team would be preposterously good. Especially if Baynes continues to hit his threes. Wow
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Too bad LeBron hates the Celtics.

Quote from: Lee Jenkins
"You put my mother on the floor, and if she were in a Boston Celtics uniform, I'd break her face." -- LeBron James, in an interview with me six years ago.
https://twitter.com/SI_LeeJenkins/status/1000934409883738113

I just don't see him forcing his way to Boston, but then that's just me.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 10:01:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Too bad LeBron hates the Celtics.

Quote from: Lee Jenkins
"You put my mother on the floor, and if she were in a Boston Celtics uniform, I'd break her face." -- LeBron James, in an interview with me six years ago.
https://twitter.com/SI_LeeJenkins/status/1000934409883738113

I just don't see him forcing his way to Boston, but then that's just me.
That is a pretty funny quote. I wonder if that's Delonte's fault ;D

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 10:02:39 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I would love to have LeBron on the Celtics, but I'm not trading Irving or Hayward to make the salaries work. Horford doesn't make sense for either team, so I don't know how you could make the salaries work.

Even if LeBron says f-it, I'm willing to go to the Celtics for the mid-level exception, I would still have hesitation. If I'm Danny, I would ask Kyrie if he would be on board with LeBron on the team and still sign an extension. Also, I would want Danny, coach Stevens, and ownership to make it clear to LeBron that they know what they're doing and to respect their decisions and trust them. And that this is Kyrie's team.

Why?

With all due respect to Kyrie or Hayward, Lebron is light years ahead of them as a player.

LeBron will go down as a top 3 or so player in history, and is probably there already. However, Kyrie and Hayward are a lot younger and want to be in Boston for seemingly the long term. LeBron is at the stage in his career where he may be more of a hired gun and will go to the highest bidder or team with the best chance to win on a year to year basis. Plus, with Irving and Hayward, I still think the Celtics are playing for a title for as long as they're here. Trading one of those guys for LeBron will still get us to the title game, but maybe shortening the timetable of title contention.

I think that's fair.  Here's how I'd frame the question, though:

Would you rather have a 85% chance at a title for 3-4 years, or a 50% chance at a title for 6-7 years?

I see and understand  your point, but I believe the percentages are closer than you make it seem. Don't forget, Golden State still rules the West and the NBA. This may remain true for the next year or two, but Boston will probably change the landscape in years 3-7 years when they're the favorites.

The other thing to consider is the amount of basketball LeBron has played in the last 8 years, which is probably more basketball than anyone in the history of the game has played. I know he takes great care of his body, but at some point you just get old. As it is now, he takes plays off constantly on the defensive end. In Boston, he could flip it and take off plays offensively due to their firepower, or simply play less minutes.

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 10:09:14 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Or how about S&T Smart (14-16M/Year), Morris, Yabusele and 2 future non-Kings pick.

Tell Lebron to opt out and in S&T, take a bit of a paycut like Durant (~25M/Year).

There's no way I'm trading a current max deal for him. And maybe Kyrie and Lebron could co-exist, because who knows, maybe Kyrie left more because he hated that CLE FO, not Lebron (The Cavaliers FO and organization does seem like a toxic environment).

The only way I see this happening is if the ownership for both teams make some sort of wink-wink deal with out Smart knowing. Something like Wyc saying to Dan Gilbert, if you offer Marcus $16M per year, we won't match and we will include Morris, the 2019 Sacramento pick and either the Grizzlies or Clippers pick for LeBron. Obviously, LeBron would have to be in on it too.

Maybe, although adding the Kings Pick seems steep even if it's for Lebron.

Don't forget, the Cavs may not want to deal with Boston again after already dealing one of their superstars in Irving and losing that trade. Can you imagine the backlash of trading another superstar player to the same team the following year?

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 10:12:10 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Or how about S&T Smart (14-16M/Year), Morris, Yabusele and 2 future non-Kings pick.

Tell Lebron to opt out and in S&T, take a bit of a paycut like Durant (~25M/Year).

There's no way I'm trading a current max deal for him. And maybe Kyrie and Lebron could co-exist, because who knows, maybe Kyrie left more because he hated that CLE FO, not Lebron (The Cavaliers FO and organization does seem like a toxic environment).

The only way I see this happening is if the ownership for both teams make some sort of wink-wink deal with out Smart knowing. Something like Wyc saying to Dan Gilbert, if you offer Marcus $16M per year, we won't match and we will include Morris, the 2019 Sacramento pick and either the Grizzlies or Clippers pick for LeBron. Obviously, LeBron would have to be in on it too.

Don't forget, the Cavs may not want to deal with Boston again after already dealing one of their superstars in Irving and losing that trade. Can you imagine the backlash of trading another superstar player to the same team the following year?
LOL, didn't even think of this aspect. Hilarious

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 10:58:04 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

In this case it would be a sign and trade. Teams don't have much leverage there.

If given the choice between helping Lebron go to Boston (or anywhere else) and getting something back for it, or just losing him for nothing, they kind of have to help him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I am as much a Lebron hater as much as the next guy.

I would meet him at the airport.

I'll carry his bags and bring him lunch. Do you need a ride?

Mike

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
If we don’t have to gut the team, I’d welcome Lebron with open arms and I think we become the faves to win a title. This C’s team without Kyrie and hayward was fantastic. Add one of those guys and LBJ to that mix and I think it topples GSW.

That said, it’s not gonna happen lol. If I was LBJ, I’d be looking at Houston (not Cleveland, Philly or LA)
- LilRip

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This board seriously has a hard on for Kyrie-if trading him away means getting Bron I'd pack his bags ASAP and meet Bron at the airport while sending Kyrie back to Cleveland. It's LEBRON JAMES.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If you guys want LeBron, might as well try to trade for Kawhi instead..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
No. We don't need him to contend.

I don't want some dude about to hit the wall cause them to ship out some younger players that will contribute to the team far longer than James will.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
No. We don't need him to contend.

I don't want some dude about to hit the wall cause them to ship out some younger players that will contribute to the team far longer than James will.
He's been breaking through those walls easily, he has at least 5 years left in the tank. That's probably as long as what I'd expect Kyrie and Hayward to give us in terms of great production.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Count me in the minority of fans that would have a hard time accepting LeBron in Boston.  It would be fun for sure but at the end of the day I'm a sucker for the journey.  I prefer that this incarnation of the Celtics beats LeBron and Golden State.  In the long run I want us to become like the Spurs of the past 20 years.  LBJ would essentially be a hired gun who overshadows the tradition and history of the Celtics.   

I absolutely hated the Durant move to Golden State.  LBJ to Boston would require a sign and trade but the spirit of the move is similar to KD's.  There's no issue on my part if Ainge brings in a guy like Davis, Towns, Kawhi etc.  At least we can debate the value on both sides of the deal.  LeBron is just too much because nobody is even close to his level.   

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Count me in the minority of fans that would have a hard time accepting LeBron in Boston.  It would be fun for sure but at the end of the day I'm a sucker for the journey.  I prefer that this incarnation of the Celtics beats LeBron and Golden State.  In the long run I want us to become like the Spurs of the past 20 years.  LBJ would essentially be a hired gun who overshadows the tradition and history of the Celtics.   

I absolutely hated the Durant move to Golden State.  LBJ to Boston would require a sign and trade but the spirit of the move is similar to KD's.  There's no issue on my part if Ainge brings in a guy like Davis, Towns, Kawhi etc.  At least we can debate the value on both sides of the deal.  LeBron is just too much because nobody is even close to his level.   

Kind of how I feel.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different