Author Topic: Antoine wants Lebron in green  (Read 15987 times)

Antoine wants Lebron in green
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:52:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
“You’re going to think I’m crazy, but if I was him, I’m going to Boston,” Walker said on FS1’s “First Things First” Wednesday. “I’m going to Boston. I mean, Kevin Durant did it. Kevin Durant joined the best. The best team in the Eastern Conference right now would be the Boston Celtics. I would figure out a way to Boston if I’m LeBron James.”

I know he’s almost universally hated by the fan base, but I’d welcome Lebron with open arms.

The question: would you trade Kyrie + Morris + filler for him?

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

That team is close to unbeatable. Lebron plus four shooters? Lebron on the #1 defense?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Antoine wants Lebron in green
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
“You’re going to think I’m crazy, but if I was him, I’m going to Boston,” Walker said on FS1’s “First Things First” Wednesday. “I’m going to Boston. I mean, Kevin Durant did it. Kevin Durant joined the best. The best team in the Eastern Conference right now would be the Boston Celtics. I would figure out a way to Boston if I’m LeBron James.”

I know he’s almost universally hated by the fan base, but I’d welcome Lebron with open arms.

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

That team is close to unbeatable. Lebron plus four shooters? Lebron on the #1 defense?

I'd have a hard time trading Kyrie for him simply because of age. As much as it'd hurt to do, I would probably trade Hayward or Horford for him without much hesitation
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:00:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

I'd have a hard time trading Kyrie for him simply because of age. As much as it'd hurt to do, I would probably trade Hayward or Horford for him without much hesitation

I’d move Kyrie only because I think Lebron would make us the favorite for the next three titles, and I worry about he and Kyrie co-existing.

But if they could make it work, then yeah, Hayward would be an acceptable but unfortunate sacrifice.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Or how about S&T Smart (14-16M/Year), Morris, Yabusele and 2 future non-Kings pick.

Tell Lebron to opt out and in S&T, take a bit of a paycut like Durant (~25M/Year).

There's no way I'm trading a current max deal for him. And maybe Kyrie and Lebron could co-exist, because who knows, maybe Kyrie left more because he hated that CLE FO, not Lebron (The Cavaliers FO and organization does seem like a toxic environment).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I am as much a Lebron hater as much as the next guy.

I would meet him at the airport. As has been talked about above, Lebron + 4 shooters who are all above average defenders is game over. and When Lebron FINALLY starts to decline, he can start riding the coat tails of our young wings.

Anyone who wouldn't take Lebron doesn't care about rings. If we got him, without gutting our team, we would take a large lead on the Lakers.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 09:20:41 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I would love to have LeBron on the Celtics, but I'm not trading Irving or Hayward to make the salaries work. Horford doesn't make sense for either team, so I don't know how you could make the salaries work.

Even if LeBron says f-it, I'm willing to go to the Celtics for the mid-level exception, I would still have hesitation. If I'm Danny, I would ask Kyrie if he would be on board with LeBron on the team and still sign an extension. Also, I would want Danny, coach Stevens, and ownership to make it clear to LeBron that they know what they're doing and to respect their decisions and trust them. And that this is Kyrie's team.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 09:22:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I would love to have LeBron on the Celtics, but I'm not trading Irving or Hayward to make the salaries work. Horford doesn't make sense for either team, so I don't know how you could make the salaries work.

Even if LeBron says f-it, I'm willing to go to the Celtics for the mid-level exception, I would still have hesitation. If I'm Danny, I would ask Kyrie if he would be on board with LeBron on the team and still sign an extension. Also, I would want Danny, coach Stevens, and ownership to make it clear to LeBron that they know what they're doing and to respect their decisions and trust them. And that this is Kyrie's team.

Why?

With all due respect to Kyrie or Hayward, Lebron is light years ahead of them as a player.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 09:29:14 AM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Or how about S&T Smart (14-16M/Year), Morris, Yabusele and 2 future non-Kings pick.

Tell Lebron to opt out and in S&T, take a bit of a paycut like Durant (~25M/Year).

There's no way I'm trading a current max deal for him. And maybe Kyrie and Lebron could co-exist, because who knows, maybe Kyrie left more because he hated that CLE FO, not Lebron (The Cavaliers FO and organization does seem like a toxic environment).

I like this idea.

Or maybe they sign Rozier to an extension and trade him in the deal while keeping Smart with Bird Rights?

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Why?

With all due respect to Kyrie or Hayward, Lebron is light years ahead of them as a player.
The only really question is the longevity of that team. LeBron is 34 at the end of this year. If we could get him here the way Phantom suggested, or through (ridiculous, but would be funny) the MLE, I'd be on board if Kyrie was.

I really wouldn't want LeBron trying to override DA and CBS. That would just feel wrong. He'd have to buy in to what we do
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

Why?

LeBron will go down as a top 3 or so player in history, and is probably there already. However, Kyrie and Hayward are a lot younger and want to be in Boston for seemingly the long term. LeBron is at the stage in his career where he may be more of a hired gun and will go to the highest bidder or team with the best chance to win on a year to year basis. Plus, with Irving and Hayward, I still think the Celtics are playing for a title for as long as they're here. Trading one of those guys for LeBron will still get us to the title game, but maybe shortening the timetable of title contention.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I really wouldn't want LeBron trying to override DA and CBS. That would just feel wrong. He'd have to buy in to what we do

I didn't follow his career close enough in Miami, but I think overall he deferred to Pat Riley.  I wonder if Lebron became co-GM in Cleveland because of what he saw in Miami:  years of being a bit complacent, not improving the team, letting guys like Mike Miller go over money, etc. 

I don't think it would be a problem in Boston in this fantasy world.

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 09:41:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Why?

LeBron will go down as a top 3 or so player in history, and is probably there already. However, Kyrie and Hayward are a lot younger and want to be in Boston for seemingly the long term. LeBron is at the stage in his career where he may be more of a hired gun and will go to the highest bidder or team with the best chance to win on a year to year basis. Plus, with Irving and Hayward, I still think the Celtics are playing for a title for as long as they're here. Trading one of those guys for LeBron will still get us to the title game, but maybe shortening the timetable of title contention.

I think that's fair.  Here's how I'd frame the question, though:

Would you rather have a 85% chance at a title for 3-4 years, or a 50% chance at a title for 6-7 years?

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think Horford is the guy to trade for James, I'd also include Brown or Tatum as I just don't see the minutes being there for both and I think it will take more than Horford to get the Cavs to make the trade.  I'd get back Korver as well as I think he would be good off the bench for his shooting.  So Horford, Brown/Tatum, Yabu (or Semi and Nader) for James, Korver. 

At that point, I'd try to move Irving and Tatum/Brown as a centerpiece for Davis or Irving as a centerpiece for Leonard.  I would be worried about the Irving and James combination and in this scenario you move on from Irving since you are bringing James in.  So let's say Irving, Morris, BOS 1st for Leonard and Mills and it is Brown that goes out for James.  Boston then re-signs the free agents.

PG - Mills, Rozier
SG - Hayward, Smart
SF - Leonard, Korver, Ojeleye
PF - James, Tatum, Theis
C - Baynes, Monroe

I say bring that on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 09:47:17 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

The only way I see this happening is if the ownership for both teams make some sort of wink-wink deal with out Smart knowing. Something like Wyc saying to Dan Gilbert, if you offer Marcus $16M per year, we won't match and we will include Morris, the 2019 Sacramento pick and either the Grizzlies or Clippers pick for LeBron. Obviously, LeBron would have to be in on it too.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 09:54:22 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

The only way I see this happening is if the ownership for both teams make some sort of wink-wink deal with out Smart knowing. Something like Wyc saying to Dan Gilbert, if you offer Marcus $16M per year, we won't match and we will include Morris, the 2019 Sacramento pick and either the Grizzlies or Clippers pick for LeBron. Obviously, LeBron would have to be in on it too.

Maybe, although adding the Kings Pick seems steep even if it's for Lebron.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller