Author Topic: Lebron's streak of top 5 MVP and 1st Team All NBA in jeopardy  (Read 581 times)

Lebron's streak of top 5 MVP and 1st Team All NBA in jeopardy
« on: February 17, 2019, 08:35:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Barring some amazing stretch of games, Lebron will neither finish in the top 5 for MVP nor make the 1st Team All NBA.  He has done both of those things for 13 straight years.  I believe (though didn't check everyone) that no one else has ever done both of those things for as long as Lebron giving him the longest prime of any great player ever (for example Kareem finished in the top 5 12 straight years, but he missed some 1st Team All NBA's along the way).  Jordan probably would have done had he not walked away in his prime (twice), but he didn't really come close given the retirements.  Guys like Bird just didn't play long enough at a high enough level (Bird had 9 straight years of both of those).  The Mailman didn't sustain that level throughout his long career.

So the question is, is this the end of the longest prime ever or is this just an aberration resulting from an injury and he will be back to doing both those things again next year?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Lebron's streak of top 5 MVP and 1st Team All NBA in jeopardy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:45:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think the other wings in the league have caught up. LeBron still gets talked about my many media heads as if he’s easily and without question the best player in the league, but I don’t think that’s the case.

Giannis, Durant, Leonard and Davis are all on his level right now, considering LeBron’s aversion for defence. I think he could still be in the top 5 of MVP races, but I’m unsure about First Team appearances
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)