Author Topic: Barkley finally getting called out by the media for his BS  (Read 1294 times)

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Charles Barkley is the worst homer/anti-Celtics mediot out there today.  And now he's getting called out for it.  About time.  Don't know how this bumbling idiot has a job.  I guess people like to hear him spouting off with uninformed bluster?

"The Hall of Famer has been wrong at just about every turn with his analysis on the Celtics for TNT’s studio shows, and the evidence is mounting that he either has no idea what he’s talking about as it pertains to the Green or he simply doesn’t like the Celtics."

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/no-ones-been-as-wrong-about-as-anything-as-charles-barkley-was-about-celtics/

Re: Barkley finally getting called out by the media for his BS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He's still mad he couldn't get the 76ers past bird or even the 2nd round in the 80s while in his prime, while a 20 year old took the Celtics past his new favorite 76er players

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Glad he’s picking the Cavs to win, my confidence in winning this series just tripled.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:33:22 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
He is an entertainer. The problem is Charles does not like to do his homework. So he shoots from hip. Now that he is on the NCCA tourney and TNT/NBA his act is getting old. Got to hand it to him. For a guy that continues to do no work at his profession he has made a lot of money. A darn good con artist. Its starting to show...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 02:35:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Barkley's had a blatant anti-Celtic bias for his entire career and broadcasting career.  would assume it's because he could never get past the C's while he played for Philly.  At this point with the C's obviously being a really good team, his bias can't be passed off as an insider opinion/evaluation of the team.

to be completely fair, most broadcasters not affiliated with the C's have been anti-Celtic during the season and playoffs.  every non-CSN broadcast has talked primarily about the team and players the C's were playing.  Just go back and listen to the latest series on TNT -- the play by play guy with Mchale was far more excited talking about Philly players and the plays they made than any Celtic or play the C's made.

just my 2 cents on this --> I wouldn't say a NESN article is exactly Barkley being called out.  If this was put out by a national outlet that would carry far more weight than an outlet pretty much limited to New England.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:45:31 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I don’t mind it. Yes he still hates the Celtics from his playing days and likes to pick against them. But he clearly respects the organization. He’s the one that called out the coaches pettiness and jealousy last night for not a single vote going to Brad. He’s repeatedly praised Danny for the talent he’s brought in.

As for this season.... he wasn’t alone in saying this season was over after opening night. Nobody on here could have predicted 55 wins. And then against Milwaukee, he went with the superstar, even if it was a bad pick. Picking a hot Philly team is a no brained for him. He was riding Toronto because like he said: if not this year, then never.

He’s so bad at his picks and his guarantees that we should be happy he doesn’t pick us more often. He’s an all-time great player and very entertaining but his acumen for todays game is lacking. He even said Kobe is the sixth-best player ever (LOL) last night in front of Shaq (who also can’t seem to comprehend the modem NBA). Kenny is the only one with a clue. But they are undoubtedly entertaining together.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Good player no brains.. he is a entertainer.. bad knowledge of basketball..

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Barkley is not in the media because of his expert analysis, but rather because of his outrageous histrionics. TNT is smart to have both Barkley and Shaq on their broadcast; they are two of the biggest personalities in sports. People don't really care if they are right, they just want to be entertained.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 04:01:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Barkley is not in the media because of his expert analysis, but rather because of his outrageous histrionics. TNT is smart to have both Barkley and Shaq on their broadcast; they are two of the biggest personalities in sports. People don't really care if they are right, they just want to be entertained.
Yeah, I don't understand why people get so worked up about the "analysis" of tow dudes that slapped a catfish around the studio the other day. Frankly, I don't find their antics particularly entertaining, either. But that's just me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."