Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 557861 times)

angryguy77, RJ87, celticinorlando, jpd985, hpantazo, SparzWizard, green_bballers13, tazzmaniac and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6630 on: April 30, 2024, 01:29:57 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
If the West was so tough, how come the East still don't have a series completed yet.

3 of their 4 teams have advanced while the East still got a 2-2 series and three 3-1 series going on  ???

lol you literally asked if lakers would win this series 40 hours ago. Little humility my dude, you been pumping them all season and we all said they were solid but not a contender.

« Reply #6631 on: April 30, 2024, 01:46:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
Hopefully Bron stays in LA another 5 years

« Reply #6632 on: April 30, 2024, 01:51:33 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1401
If the West was so tough, how come the East still don't have a series completed yet.

3 of their 4 teams have advanced while the East still got a 2-2 series and three 3-1 series going on  ???

lol you literally asked if lakers would win this series 40 hours ago. Little humility my dude, you been pumping them all season and we all said they were solid but not a contender.

He does live in LA I think, so probably a self defense mechanism to having to show up to work with Faker fans  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6633 on: April 30, 2024, 02:10:52 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

He does live in LA I think, so probably a self defense mechanism to having to show up to work with Faker fans  :police:

Yea I have to deal with that everyday lol. I told y'all the Nuggets would beat 'em 8)

Lakers were good this season; they would be a #3 or #4 seed in the East up there with the Bucks or Cavs. Till next year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6634 on: April 30, 2024, 03:47:24 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Great news waking up & seeing Lakers eliminated again!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6635 on: April 30, 2024, 03:50:27 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aA58rMnbkE

This guy's reaction videos are gold

« Reply #6636 on: April 30, 2024, 04:10:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
That was easier to take than 4-0.

Prioritized Goals:
1)   Lakers win title
2)   Celtics do not win title
3)   Clippers do not win title

Congratulations on not getting swept.  They can raise a banner for that like the in season tournament 😆.
Yup

« Reply #6637 on: April 30, 2024, 05:59:57 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

If the West is so tough, why couldn't teams put up enough of a fight to stretch the series? Sounds like the lower seeds like the Lakers and Suns shouldn't have made the playoffs
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 08:13:50 AM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6638 on: April 30, 2024, 06:11:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559

maybe because the best teams in the East aren't as good so the series are closer
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6639 on: April 30, 2024, 08:12:34 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188

You can’t be serious?
The suns were swept in the west and probably make the conference finals in the east. Same with the lakers.
East is opening up to be the easiest path to the finals I’ve ever seen for the Celtics. Nuggets are about to have to play the wolves in the second round. We will get the cavaliers or magic. Huge difference.

« Reply #6640 on: April 30, 2024, 08:18:17 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The Miami Heat's blowout loss to the Boston Celtics on Monday came with a potentially longer-lasting effect: a possible injury to rookie forward Jaime Jaquez Jr.

"Just my right hip. I felt something give at the beginning of the third quarter going up for a rebound," Jaquez shared. "I tried to give it everything I had.

« Reply #6641 on: April 30, 2024, 08:25:49 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612

You can’t be serious?
The suns were swept in the west and probably make the conference finals in the east. Same with the lakers.
East is opening up to be the easiest path to the finals I’ve ever seen for the Celtics. Nuggets are about to have to play the wolves in the second round. We will get the cavaliers or magic. Huge difference.

i made money last night on OKC and denver closing out their series. murray for denver is clutch.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6642 on: April 30, 2024, 08:57:20 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Ham gotta get ax at LA but James will never take the blame..he always wanted his pick players & don’t take a pay cut to get better players..but he won in season tournament so that’s something 😂😂😂
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6643 on: April 30, 2024, 09:00:36 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
While AD and the other Lakers briefly congratulated and shook hands with the Nuggets players, LeCrybaby just pouted off into the locker room. Sore loser.

LAL had a slight chance to push it to 6 but I will say, I didn't think Denver played that well in the series and they still gentlemen swept the Lakers. Crazy if you ask me.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6644 on: April 30, 2024, 09:21:00 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'll admit that I really have no idea if Darvin Ham is a bad coach or not.  I don't watch the lakers enough.

It does bug me though when pundits pick an underdog and when they're wrong, they blame the coach on their national platform.

Nick Wright and Kevin O'Connor are two that come to mind.  I'm not sure if KOC outright picked the lakers but he was definitely in the they could definitely pull it off camp.

I don't have a problem with the take but rather the blaming the coach that they were wrong.  It just seems to stink of taking a contrarian view to appear smart if it works out but not taking any accountability if wrong.