Author Topic: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston  (Read 6365 times)

Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston
« on: March 25, 2019, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 6
After last season, I was so blown away by his performance, effort, work ethic, team play, defense, IQ -- literally everything. His potential looked seemingly uncapped, and however unlikely it would be, I thought he had a real and legitimate chance to become the next KD or the next closest thing and at worst a slightly better Paul George.

I've backed him all season through all his inconsistencies, troubles, failures, ups/downs, bone-headed plays and decision making, ball stopping, pathetic shot selection, horrific defense to at best well below average defense, poor effort -- basically all of his countless faults that have significantly impacted the team and its season in a negative way. I was born in 1983, so my memory and knowledge of NBA basketball prior to then isn't nearly up to par with most posters here, but from what I've seen, known, and remembered, I can't think of a single player that earned so much hype, praise, lofty comparisons to past and or current greats, such lofty expectations that were almost doubtless he would reach or surpass essentially unanimously by so many experts and excitement after such an amazing rookie season (especially considering his age and college one-and-done status)and then totally and embarrassingly faceplanted so badly that it's comparable to a Saturday Night Live skit by all non-Celtics fans and detractors of his.

Even up to a little over a month ago, I still wanted no part of the Celtics trading him and whoever/whatever else for AD. But I'm done now. Without hesitation I'd rather Jaylen Brown between the two and I think 95% or more of the Celtics fanbase feel the same way. Jaylen has contiuously and notoriously worked his tail off at improving his weaknesses and put in countles hours to make himself a better asset to the Celtics organization and the continued success of it. The worst part of it all, no GM in their right mind would take the pre-deadline supposed trade agreemnet between the Celts and Pelicans over the Lakers offer, not to mention a number of teams this offseason can offer AD a much more favorable landing/staying spotand the Pelicans a better offer than anything we could put up. A month ago I made a thread saying let Kyrie walk in the offseason and build a team through the draft and free agency around the supposed "core" of young guys we have. The center of that "core" to most people with knowledge was Jayson Tatum. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't trade this circus clown for a 1st round draft pick between the #15-#20 slots.

JAYSON TATUM......... Literally the biggest faceplant/bellyflop/loser/degeneration of an NBA player I've ever seen and by far, especially when you consider how highly he was viewed and percieved after his rookie season. In the offseason if we could find a team dumb enough to take on Gordon Hayward and his contract if we also threw in Jayson Tatum, it'd be idiotic and laughable not to JUMP through hoops to make that happen, nevermind Anthony effing Davis.

Seriously, who around the league has any faith, sees real potential, or thinks Tatum -- at this point -- can even become a serviceable starter in the league for more than 5 seasons? I know I don't. After this month, and after this hellish season and wasted time spent tuning into supposed entertainment turned sadistic punishment, get this kaka for brains outta here. I don't even think the Red Claws take him. No joke, if I couldn't dump this jerk off to another team and have become an even bigger joke elsewhere, I'd frickin cut him flat out. See ya latah bud, please faceplant on the floor AFTER the door hits you on the way out you goofy female hygiene product. Good riddance loser, go be a cancer in another clubhouse on another team and regress even more. Saturday Night Live is licking their chops right now already getting a skit ready about this total egative expletie.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:13:09 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get the eff out of Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 11:01:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Literally the biggest faceplant/bellyflop/loser/degeneration of an NBA player I've ever seen

Scorching hot take right here
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:02:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He should have never been granted permission to be coached by kobe

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 11:03:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I mean, come on, dude. We are all a little baffled by Tatum's post-All-Star break decline, but he is still one of the best young players in the game with all of that potential you discussed. The fact is, any 20-21 year old might become a little flustered at hearing his name in trade rumors over and over again.

Tatum went through a similar dry spell mid-season last season and most of us were wondering what was going on. Obviously he pulled out of that funk and turned himself into a playoff star.

With Kyrie, Tatum Morris, and Rozier, there are just too many iso-heavy players on this team. Add Horford, Hayward, and Brown into the mix and you find young players like Tatum fighting for his place in the food chain. I (and many others) believe that if he is given the keys to a young team like the Pelicans, he can really flourish as the 'alpha' that he is meant to be. This doesn't mean he will be one of the best players in the NBA, but certainly a perennial all-star type.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, Ingram's value has now tanked far lower than Tatum's ever could (I really hope he gets better). Their other guys are okay, but not particularly blue chip prospects. Tatum, Smart, and picks destroys anything they could offer. The team that gets Zion could get in on the mix, but may just choose to build around him. Any number of surprise teams could offer - say a Denver, Sacramento, or Phoenix, but would need to give up a lot of talent and they could very well lose AD the next season.

That's the beauty of the Cs. We would still have [at least] Kyrie, Horford, Hayward, and Brown. AD may want to join Lebron in LAL in 2020, but that probably wouldn't be best for his long-term success.

In short, this season - especially post-AD rumors - has seemingly been a chore for players and fans. You are probably right that Tatum isn't playing to his potential, but he definitely still has a star quality that other teams - hopefully the Pels - want badly.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Is this a joke, or ironic, or something like that?
lol

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 11:09:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
After last season, I was so blown away by his performance, effort, work ethic, team play, defense, IQ -- literally everything. His potential looked seemingly uncapped, and however unlikely it would be, I thought he had a real and legitimate chance to become the next KD or the next closest thing and at worst a slightly better Paul George.

I've backed him all season through all his inconsistencies, troubles, failures, ups/downs, bone-headed plays and decision making, ball stopping, pathetic shot selection, horrific defense to at best well below average defense, poor effort -- basically all of his countless faults that have significantly impacted the team and its season in a negative way. I was born in 1983, so my memory and knowledge of NBA basketball prior to then isn't nearly up to par with most posters here, but from what I've seen, known, and remembered, I can't think of a single player that earned so much hype, praise, lofty comparisons to past and or current greats, such lofty expectations that were almost doubtless he would reach or surpass essentially unanimously by so many experts and excitement after such an amazing rookie season (especially considering his age and college one-and-done status)and then totally and embarrassingly faceplanted so badly that it's comparable to a Saturday Night Live skit by all non-Celtics fans and detractors of his.

Even up to a little over a month ago, I still wanted no part of the Celtics trading him and whoever/whatever else for AD. But I'm done now. Without hesitation I'd rather Jaylen Brown between the two and I think 95% or more of the Celtics fanbase feel the same way. Jaylen has contiuously and notoriously worked his tail off at improving his weaknesses and put in countles hours to make himself a better asset to the Celtics organization and the continued success of it. The worst part of it all, no GM in their right mind would take the pre-deadline supposed trade agreemnet between the Celts and Pelicans over the Lakers offer, not to mention a number of teams this offseason can offer AD a much more favorable landing/staying spotand the Pelicans a better offer than anything we could put up. A month ago I made a thread saying let Kyrie walk in the offseason and build a team through the draft and free agency around the supposed "core" of young guys we have. The center of that "core" to most people with knowledge was Jayson Tatum. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't trade this circus clown for a 1st round draft pick between the #15-#20 slots.

JAYSON TATUM......... Literally the biggest faceplant/bellyflop/loser/degeneration of an NBA player I've ever seen and by far, especially when you consider how highly he was viewed and percieved after his rookie season. In the offseason if we could find a team dumb enough to take on Gordon Hayward and his contract if we also threw in Jayson Tatum, it'd be idiotic and laughable not to JUMP through hoops to make that happen, nevermind Anthony effing Davis.

Seriously, who around the league has any faith, sees real potential, or thinks Tatum -- at this point -- can even become a serviceable starter in the league for more than 5 seasons? I know I don't. After this month, and after this hellish season and wasted time spent tuning into supposed entertainment turned sadistic punishment, get this kaka for brains outta here. I don't even think the Red Claws take him. No joke, if I couldn't dump this jerk off to another team and have become an even bigger joke elsewhere, I'd frickin cut him flat out. See ya latah bud, please faceplant on the floor AFTER the door hits you on the way out you goofy female hygiene product. Good riddance loser, go be a cancer in another clubhouse on another team and regress even more. Saturday Night Live is licking their chops right now already getting a skit ready about this total egative expletie.

Pistal47, can you please tell us what you think about Jayson Tatum, and please do not hold anything back.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 11:11:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Did you watch Jeff green during the time that he was here?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 11:11:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Pistal47, can you please tell us what you think about Jayson Tatum, and please do not hold anything back.

;D TP

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
He who must not be named.

Still furious Jeff Green decided to hurt us last year

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 11:22:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
He who must not be named.

Still furious Jeff Green decided to hurt us last year

We lost to Jeff Green last year  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You went from projecting him as better than PG13 to being a bum in less than a year?

I think your perception might be part of the problem here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 12:29:09 AM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
He should have never been granted permission to be coached by kobe

Granted permission? Effing idiot never should have considered it let alone followed through with it, enthusiastically at that. It's clear Magic Johnson and the Lakers have been waging a proxy war against multiple teams in the NBA but none as much as the Celtics. The organization has been investigated and disciplined numerous times for tampering and conducting all kinds of back door shady business that clearly violates multiple league rules and codes of conduct. Magic thinks he and his organization are above anyone/everyone -- the NBA included -- and should be given a pedestal above everyone else who has to abide by the rules. I mean the sense of entitlement from he and the Lakers organization is disgusting, ruining the league, and turning it into a circus act and some weird semblance of a modern-day NBA Harlem Globetrotters and barely anything has been done about this or to them.

Like I said, all that is common knowledge so you know Danny, CBS, and the Celtics brass and ownership I'm sure have repeatedly reinforced that to the players of the Boston Celtics. What's Tatum do? disregards all of that, disrespects the city and team he plays for, and joyously without hesitation jumps at the opportunity like some high school freshman sprung on his first crush. No doubt in my mind that if Kobe proposed marriage to Tatum, Tatum would already be at the alter wearing a purple and yellow tuxedo with a booked honeymoon and would be the happiest child in the world. I'm sorry for that, child is probably too good and mature a title for Tatum. Maybe sprung chickenhawk suits him better. He's a flat out loser with no loyalty, respect for his team, city, and teammates, and now no game whatsoever. At this point I don't even see him making the BABC AAU team, nor do I think they'd want him anywhere near themselves and couldn't find a more pathetic role model.

Seriously Tatum, beat it, you suck. Never since I first started watching basketball has a player been so highly and rightfully touted after such a stellar rookie season, regress and atrophy to the point he's not only not an asset anymore, only a problematic cancerous and self-centered disrespectful punk. Go have a quadruple marriage with Kobe, Magic, Lebron and the Lakers Tatum. Oh yea, that's right, none of them want anything to do with you anymore, Kobe set out and accomplished all they wanted in a matter of a week or two.

Go find a deserted street court and just start chucking long and contested two's after paying some drug addict/alcoholic to play him one on one and keep his own self delusion going that he's actually an NBA player. I bet that junkie/alcoholic would probably even block some of those ridiculous and inefficient long bomb twos and I'd bet even more Tatum couldn't even shake that nobody and get to the basket -- if he still realizes and remembers that's actually an option. The boozebag would probably even work him one-on-one, considering he'd be "D'ing" up Tatum and having success while on the other hand defense and Tatum don't mix. He's too good for it (in his own delusional mind) and feels he's above it, he's an awful athlete, and he probably forgot what it even is considering it's been so long since he's actually actively and competitively engaged in it. Seriously, cut this maggot if you have to, nobodies a bigger baby in the locker room than Tatum, no one else consistently need their hand held and fed positive reinforcement from Ainge, and everyone else is actually trying to figure things out, get on the same page, and win besides Tatum. He's not a team player, he's a selfish, disrespectful, overly and undeservedly entitled POS, has made a SHOCKING regression as a player to the point it's clear HE DOESN'T HAVE "IT" NOR WILL HE EVER, and nobody deserves more blame for this seasons underachieving team and their own pathetic season than this ****. Cut him.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
You went from projecting him as better than PG13 to being a bum in less than a year?

I think your perception might be part of the problem here.

Nah buddy, I think your Green and White shaded glasses are the problem here. Who have you ever seen regress so much and consistently get worse by the game from their amazing rookie season to this clown show of a season. Take off the blinders.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 12:44:59 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Tatum thinks he will be traded for AD after the season, so he has checked out.

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 12:47:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Tatum thinks he will be traded for AD after the season, so he has checked out.
Gotta agree with this.