Author Topic: That Rondo Thread  (Read 43097 times)

Re: Bring Rondo Back!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2015, 04:56:53 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2015, 05:19:57 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
You guys are terrible fans, you wanted Rondo gone for so long and finally got your wish. He's going to prove you guys wrong and have a great year.

Also the "he will be in China next year" comment are silly. I live in China now and Rondo would be a terrible fit for a CBA team. The Chinese players can't really play they just pass it to the foreigner and hope he can score 50 a game. Rondo needs to be out there with 4 guys who can score, not 4 guys watching him and hoping he scores.
all of us here are fans of the celtics. we share a similar love for a team, but that does not mean we support our team identically, all of us in all the same way.

please don't abuse others here because their opinions differ from yours. instead, present reasonable, supported opinions. and if others differ, and they will, acknowledge their views and move on.

simply because others hold differing views is not a reason to denigrate or belittle them or their fanhood.

Did I really abuse anyone?

Yes, and you just made it even worse.

Oh man, so sorry. I guess I double abused you. I'm sure you can find some funny graphic that will show me.

edit: didn't see page 4, you beat me to it.

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Rondo will probably improve their shooting a few percentage points. getting a perfect pass with the laces in your sweet spot makes a difference. that half a second where a player either has to adjust the ball in their hands or not makes a lot of difference. On some level, no matter how much you block the thought out, if you think your shot might get blocked you are less likely to make it. Good passing is really under rated. People tend to look at passing in terms of assists, fancy passes and ones that get open layups due to the passers vision. But just a simple pass has a lot to it.

Given that his lack of spacing will probably prevent them from getting to the rim as easily I find this incredibly unlikely. Especially considering that unless he's had 3 HOF'ers in the lineup with him he's struggled to run an above average offense. Unless you consider taking the top offense in the NBA in Dallas at the time of the trade and leading it to the 13th rank the rest of the way a success.

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Rondo will probably improve their shooting a few percentage points. getting a perfect pass with the laces in your sweet spot makes a difference. that half a second where a player either has to adjust the ball in their hands or not makes a lot of difference. On some level, no matter how much you block the thought out, if you think your shot might get blocked you are less likely to make it. Good passing is really under rated. People tend to look at passing in terms of assists, fancy passes and ones that get open layups due to the passers vision. But just a simple pass has a lot to it.

Given that his lack of spacing will probably prevent them from getting to the rim as easily I find this incredibly unlikely. Especially considering that unless he's had 3 HOF'ers in the lineup with him he's struggled to run an above average offense. Unless you consider taking the top offense in the NBA in Dallas at the time of the trade and leading it to the 13th rank the rest of the way a success.

Ideally Rondo will be the one doing most of the getting to the rim.  He'll then find his talented scoring teammates for easy baskets once the defense breaks down.  That's how it worked in Boston. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2015, 12:23:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I saddened by the lack of respect for Rondo.

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
This.  If loyalty is so temporary, is it still loyalty?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2015, 09:02:31 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't think respect is something you earn and then put it up on the wall like a trophy, never to be taken away.  You have to continue to maintain your credibility and integrity, no matter who your are.

I loved Rondo when he was with the Celtics and he helped us get a banner.  He is a champion.

BUT, what he did to his teammates in Dallas is inexcusable.  JMO.

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
absolutely bring him back!!   that way I can go back to wearing my Rondo shirt without looking nostalgic ;)

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcBnJw-H2wQ
thanks for the video g666. good advice indeed for this thread. tp of course.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I don't think respect is something you earn and then put it up on the wall like a trophy, never to be taken away.  You have to continue to maintain your credibility and integrity, no matter who your are.

I loved Rondo when he was with the Celtics and he helped us get a banner.  He is a champion.

You mean, "what Cuban, Carlylse AND Rondo did to each other."

It takes two (or three) to tango.

DAL is a mess right now. If they could've gotten the Rondo thing to work, I'm guessing that DeAndre would've had a better shot at staying.

IMO, DAL deserves everything that's happening to them, now.

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

DAL is a mess right now. If they could've gotten the Rondo thing to work, I'm guessing that DeAndre would've had a better shot at staying.

Look, I admit I don't know the details.  But I know two things that are public information:
1) Rondo quit on his team during the playoffs. What could Cuban and Carlisle possibly have said to him to cause that kind of response?  His teammates apparently had nothing to do with it yet they suffered.
2) Right after the incident, Carlisle said publicly that Rondo would never play for the team again, without explaining why. It must have been REAL BAD for him to say that, in public.

I am no Cuban fan, that's for sure but Rondo already had a nice resume locker room stuff.  The point is, no thanks to a Rondo return.

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2015, 04:53:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Look, I admit I don't know the details.  But I know two things that are public information:
1) Rondo quit on his team during the playoffs. What could Cuban and Carlisle possibly have said to him to cause that kind of response?  His teammates apparently had nothing to do with it yet they suffered.
2) Right after the incident, Carlisle said publicly that Rondo would never play for the team again, without explaining why. It must have been REAL BAD for him to say that, in public.

I am no Cuban fan, that's for sure but Rondo already had a nice resume locker room stuff.  The point is, no thanks to a Rondo return.

The bolded part is quite important.

Additionally, I've never said on here that Rondo was a saint.

With that being said, I'm in Rondo's corner to the fact that SOMETHING happened to have that meltdown. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Ideally, whatever Carlysle said to him for that to happen, Rondo would've took it in stride. I accept this.

But why in tarnation would you bring a PG of his caliber to DAL and not let him do his job?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I chuckled to myself as DeAndre left DAL.

Karma is quite a thing.

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2015, 04:56:03 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123

What kills me is that if there was a poll asking if you would want rondo back on a minimum contract I bet there would be more "no"s than "yes"s. The Creme de whatever is "celtic fans" now say he was dribbling too much and forcing things. We lost a once in a generation point guard. (and it was the right move as Ainge said he didn't think he would resign- and Crowder is no chop liver) but why do we have to bash him on the way out? What did he do to us? He played his heart out! And the real irony of it all is the same people who claim he was being lazy and taking nights off last year are the same ones who wished we tanked. They are not fans. Sorry but they are not.

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sheed

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2015, 08:02:55 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Any player that continuously shoots in the 50-60% range on their free throws isn't playing their heart out, IMO.  They are not working on a glaring weakness in their game.  I've always had the same issue with Antoine Walker apologists.  If he loved playing for the Celtics so much, why did he let his game continue to deteriorate?