Author Topic: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis  (Read 7634 times)

Re: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 03:12:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I guess the original list was LeBum's list and it had 1 team on it, then Rich Paul added a few more to make it less obvious.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I guess the original list was LeBum's list and it had 1 team on it, then Rich Paul added a few more to make it less obvious.
Exactly.  If AD is wondering where all the rumors are coming from (in this case the rumor that Boston was not on his list), I think he need look no further than his agent.  This was part of the misinformation campaign intended to get NOP to make the trade with the Lakers.  Of course there was also the statement from his Dad, which doesn't make any sense.  Not sure where that came from.  Is his Dad in on the get AD to the Lakers conspiracy?

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2019, 03:49:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Of course there was also the statement from his Dad, which doesn't make any sense.  Not sure where that came from.  Is his Dad in on the get AD to the Lakers conspiracy?

His father was seated with Paul at a recent game, so I suspect so.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Extremely predictable. I explained this whole anti-Celtic posturing in a video weeks ago:  https://youtu.be/-VFuQ9IuTOE

I said that as soon as the trade deadline passed, Davis would suddenly have Boston on his list.   This was fully expected. I took so much heat from NBA fans who thought I was being a homer, but it was obvious what was going on.

Anyone that has followed the league for even a short time knew what would happen.

I have a very hard time believing AD would walk away from Kyrie and a contending Boston Celtics team to play with a 36 year old LeBron.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Shams said on NBA TV that the long-term list remains Lakers, Bucks, Knicks and Clippers. Boston is still not that list. The 29 other teams is just AD saying he'll uphold his current contract and play it out wherever he'll be next season.

Seems rich Paul is still trying to paint his narrative

I dont think Shams is lying. However, the whole list thing is funny trick. Would ANYONE commit to boston without knowing if Kyrie is staying? Everything will change once AD is green and Kyrie signs the dotted line.

ADs list to me seems to be a wish list of teams "as currently constructed"

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Extremely predictable. I explained this whole anti-Celtic posturing in a video weeks ago:  https://youtu.be/-VFuQ9IuTOE

I said that as soon as the trade deadline passed, Davis would suddenly have Boston on his list.   This was fully expected. I took so much heat from NBA fans who thought I was being a homer, but it was obvious what was going on.

Anyone that has followed the league for even a short time knew what would happen.

I have a very hard time believing AD would walk away from Kyrie and a contending Boston Celtics team to play with a 36 year old LeBron.
Problem is that casuals didn't understand the situation.  Boston wanted to delay the sweepstakes for 5 months.  From AD's perspective, that's a pretty lengthy time to just put your entire brand on hold.   Gotta respect Rich Paul for trying to get him out of there right now (and get the HUGE marketing/career boost of moving to LA this season), but now that we're past the trade deadline the entire playing field is different and Boston is firmly in the mix.  A move to the Celtics would be equally huge for AD's career. 

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Too much smoke.

Just like with KD to the Knicks.

I think the writing is on the wall.

When Davis signed with Paul you kinda get what they’re trying to do.

I just hope Danny doesn’t over pay for a rental.

It’s highly likely Kyrie is a rental as well....maybe we can get a Finals birth out of it.

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Too much smoke.

It’s highly likely Kyrie is a rental as well....maybe we can get a Finals birth out of it.
Uh, no it isn’t. Nothing indicates it is
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2019, 07:46:08 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Too much smoke.

I don't see why so pessimistic.  Rich Paul is also the successful agent of Eric Bledsoe, Miles Bridges, KCP, Terrance Ferguson, LeBron, Cory Joseph, Kosta Kufus, Trey Lyles, Ben McLmore, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Dejounte Murray, Nerlons Noel, Ben Simmons, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and John Wall among other less significant players. 

Davis could've simply been looking for his services as an agent.  Or maybe LeBron and Paul did talk to AD first and said "Hey man, you sign with us and we'll do our best to get you outta there like you want, this season."  He signed in September.  That obviously didn't work, and I don't think it necessarily means AD is on a warpath to get into L.A. with a 36 year old LeBron in 2020.  They tried to get him out, it didn't work, and now he goes somewhere else for a year.  I think if he likes it there and they're winning he would stay.  Right now L.A. is better than New Orleans.  In 2020, L.A. won't necessarily be better than where he's at then.  It's not a foregone conclusion that AD would be a rental.  These are the risks you take when you trade for superstars, just like when we traded for KG.

The Kyrie statement, I couldn't disagree more.  He made a commercial about retiring his father's number here, he told the season ticket holders event he planned on signing and he was all over media day saying it.  He gave the media some frustrated p--- off answers a couple weeks ago and they ran with it and convinced a bunch people he was leaving with out of context statements.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:52:30 PM by C3LTSF4N »

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
This is very good for the Celtics

To the skeptics: the point is some people believed he would change his tune about "the list" after the trade deadline. This is exactly what has happened now.

It was meaningless babble.  All he essentially said was that he'd play next season for any team he got traded to.    It just means that he'll do what he he's contractually obligated to do.  It wasn't really good, or bad, for any team.
wrong

He said "any team THAT WANTS TO WIN"

that condition is important.
 Cleveland, Charlotte and Phoenix do not meet his qualifier of "winning".....it feels like he cracked the door enough for Danny Ainge to justify going after him.

While that in itself is a reason for Celtics fans to feel better about their chances of landing Davis and keeping him around long-term, he would later appear on NBA TV and say that “all 29 other teams are on my list.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/anthony-davis-celtics-my-list-possible-trade-destinations

He subsequently went on NBA TV and declared that "all 29 teams" were on his list

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26011206/anthony-davis-says-celtics-all-teams-pelicans-trade-list

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2019, 08:02:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

To the skeptics: the point is some people believed he would change his tune about "the list" after the trade deadline. This is exactly what has happened now.

It was meaningless babble.  All he essentially said was that he'd play next season for any team he got traded to.    It just means that he'll do what he he's contractually obligated to do.  It wasn't really good, or bad, for any team.
wrong

Cleveland, Charlotte and Phoenix do not meet his qualifier of "winning".....it feels like he cracked the door enough for Danny Ainge to justify going after him.

While that in itself is a reason for Celtics fans to feel better about their chances of landing Davis and keeping him around long-term, he would later appear on NBA TV and say that “all 29 other teams are on my list.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/anthony-davis-celtics-my-list-possible-trade-destinations

He subsequently went on NBA TV and declared that "all 29 teams" were on his list

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26011206/anthony-davis-says-celtics-all-teams-pelicans-trade-list
yeah and if you listen he added a condition- he wants to be in a situation where he wants to win

Any of the 29 teams that allows him to win.

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2019, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Anthony Davis has spent too much time with the Pelicans. While the Pels are certainly an NBA franchise there is no heritage hanging in the rafters. There is no walking, breathing legends to exchange stories and ideas with. No organization in sports can match the Celtics in that regard.

He needs Kyrie to educate him to the possibilities that possibly in 20 years they can both walk into the arena and see their jersey hanging alongside Bird, Russell, Pierce etc.

Hopefully, Kyrie isn't talking about restaurants in New York or movie stars in LA. 

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2019, 10:50:21 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

wrong

yeah and if you listen he added a condition- he wants to be in a situation where he wants to win

To repeat, since nothing you've written has changed or undercut my point:

Any of the 29 teams that allows him to win.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
AD can play for the Celts without an extension.

If all goes well then AD just signs a 2-year contract, like what Lebron signed in 2015.
The 2nd year being a player option.

Trading Tatum for AD seems like a gamble if AD doesn't sign a multi-year extension.
But AD is a generational player that's worth the gamble.

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2019, 11:38:15 PM »

Offline e001

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • C Us Rise
Look, Rich Paul WORKS for Davis.  He isn't saying anything that Davis doesn't want him to.  All the fake leaks, all the misdirection, all the slime thrown, do we really think that Paul did that all on his own?  Davis had to approve all of that, otherwise Paul would have been fired.

I don't understand how people don't get this. From now on, it's all PR to save face.