Author Topic: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis  (Read 8346 times)

Re: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Whether it's Rich Paul or the Media driving the "AD to LA" gravy train there certainly needs to be more clarity.

BOS has been a great landing spot for FAs for the last several years - including the KG-PP-RA years.

Not sure exactly why there seems to be a slant against BOS...not sure why LA - even with their limited choices for improvement - seems to be on a perennial list for winning..

I get the "Magic Johnson is beautiful" hype. I get the "LA is the place of movie stars" hype. I get the warm, beautiful weather..beautiful people hype.

But the MEDIA needs to speak with better clarity - and no preferential treatment - when it comes to certain things.

Agents - ALL OF THEM - need to ENSURE that their clients are getting the FULL PICTURE on their futures. Media types need to speak / write without bias.

It isn't hard.

It shouldn't be Rocket Science that BOSTON is (and should be) a preferred destination for ANY star. Simply look at what we have here, the tradition AND our future.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
LeBron is a player and agent...he has interest in Klutch so LeBron should not be allowed to recruit other players.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Hopefully, Kyrie gets a chance to talk to Davis, while their both attending All-Star weekend.

does that count as tampering? serious question, like stars probably do talk about it off court, on the phone or at ASG, how does the league even enforce that?

Stars or players are allowed to talk amongst other players, and that wouldn't be considered tampering. It is when they directly voice their opinions or thoughts to the media, reporters, or any substance in which said information could be leaked voluntarily that could rupture or disturb any intentions in the locker room/organization. LeBron talking to Bosh or Wade in the off-season is another perfect example, along with LeBron calling Love in the off-season before he joined the Cavs, and then eventually Wolves traded Love to the Cavs.

(Concidentally, LeBron is at the helm for most of these problems.)

From the actual NBA website:
"The NBA's anti-tampering rule prohibits teams from interfering with other teams' contractual relationships with NBA players, including by publicly expressing interest in a player who is currently under contract with another team or informing the agent of another team's player of interest by one's own team in that player."

That specification clearly leaves a loophole for players to collaborate with other players, especially disregarding the eventual contractual obligations.

Even CJ McCollum posted an IG picture of Melo wearing a Blazers jersey 2 years ago, and I don't believe he got fined for it.

The rules and regulations are extremely weird, and bizarre, because so much of the rules have loopholes and 'suggestions,' that could allow any player to technically avoid tampering fines.

They should edit the rule and say "no written, verbal, or physical tampering allowed while two players are under contract. That includes wearing someone else's jersey and posting it on social media, writing a mail letter to the other player, meeting up with the other player in a private/public place speaking to them regarding collaborations." Totalitarianism-style lol  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Whether it's Rich Paul or the Media driving the "AD to LA" gravy train there certainly needs to be more clarity.

BOS has been a great landing spot for FAs for the last several years - including the KG-PP-RA years.

Not sure exactly why there seems to be a slant against BOS...not sure why LA - even with their limited choices for improvement - seems to be on a perennial list for winning..

I get the "Magic Johnson is beautiful" hype. I get the "LA is the place of movie stars" hype. I get the warm, beautiful weather..beautiful people hype.

But the MEDIA needs to speak with better clarity - and no preferential treatment - when it comes to certain things.

Agents - ALL OF THEM - need to ENSURE that their clients are getting the FULL PICTURE on their futures. Media types need to speak / write without bias.

It isn't hard.

It shouldn't be Rocket Science that BOSTON is (and should be) a preferred destination for ANY star. Simply look at what we have here, the tradition AND our future.

I think agents just want to be paid big from their end, and want what is best for the player. But ultimately it is up to the player's decision.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 01:46:08 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Hopefully, Kyrie gets a chance to talk to Davis, while their both attending All-Star weekend.

does that count as tampering? serious question, like stars probably do talk about it off court, on the phone or at ASG, how does the league even enforce that?
As long as Irving and Davis hold something in front of their mouths like a football coach does, they will be fine.   Even if they are talking to each other on the phone ;)

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Then he said all 29 teams are on his list. Also said he didn't have a list.

So basically, take it all with a grain of salt and hope Rich Paul gets him some media training so he can do better in these press conferences.

Rich Paul probably needs some training of his own, in terms of serving his client’s best interests, rather than his own.
I have this feeling that NBA owners look at him and say the only difference between a guy who sells sports jerseys out of the trunk of his car and this guy is he met LeBron.  And as a result, they think he's really out of his league. 

He does have some pressure on him.  He botched the trade deadline thing and if botches  this summer too, Klutch may start losing clients.  Most of the owners I'm sure think he's a clown - but their GM's are forced to deal with him.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Then he said all 29 teams are on his list. Also said he didn't have a list.

So basically, take it all with a grain of salt and hope Rich Paul gets him some media training so he can do better in these press conferences.

Rich Paul probably needs some training of his own, in terms of serving his client’s best interests, rather than his own.
I have this feeling that NBA owners look at him and say the only difference between a guy who sells sports jerseys out of the trunk of his car and this guy is he met LeBron.  And as a result, they think he's really out of his league. 

He does have some pressure on him.  He botched the trade deadline thing and if botches  this summer too, Klutch may start losing clients.  Most of the owners I'm sure think he's a clown - but their GM's are forced to deal with him.

He is a clown... LeBron probably calls all the shots.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This is very good for the Celtics

To the skeptics: the point is some people believed he would change his tune about "the list" after the trade deadline. This is exactly what has happened now.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Well well well, there’s no list and Boston was added after the trade deadline.  Weird....

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 02:01:56 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

It isn't hard.

I think agents just want to be paid big from their end, and want what is best for the player. But ultimately it is up to the player's decision.

True, but agents should also realize that they WILL get paid once their clients land with teams that can contend and win MULTIPLE championships.

That is BOSTON, as well as a few other teams.

For BOS to have seemingly been written out of the AD sweepstakes....somehow.....is Fake News, obviously - to me and I'm sure others here.

I never ever thought I'd be using that term but it does indeed exist. I certainly don't agree with attacks on the media but some of the stuff out there needs to stop being clickbait and at least toss in some non-bias.

Anthony Davis has the potential to win SEVERAL Banners in BOSTON. It is too bad that all of a sudden we are hearing some clarity from AD on this.

Thank God for the media person who managed to nail AD down on this.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
The list is just to get AD out of NO before the deadline.  It’ll change afterwards.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It isn't hard.

Most agents probably want that.  I do wonder about Rich Paul due to his closeness to Lebron, and his strategy that publicly conflicts with Davis' stated preference.

And you're right, the ultimate call is with the player.  However, as somebody who functions in a similar capacity, a lot of clients take a "you're the expert, I'll do what you recommend" approach.  Others are easily influenced and/or lack the capacity to stand up for their best interests.  It's weird to think of an NBA superstar not having the ability to speak for himself, but look at the players who end up broke despite hiring "financial advisors".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

To the skeptics: the point is some people believed he would change his tune about "the list" after the trade deadline. This is exactly what has happened now.

It was meaningless babble.  All he essentially said was that he'd play next season for any team he got traded to.    It just means that he'll do what he he's contractually obligated to do.  It wasn't really good, or bad, for any team.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

It was meaningless babble.  All he essentially said was that he'd play next season for any team he got traded to.    It just means that he'll do what he he's contractually obligated to do.  It wasn't really good, or bad, for any team.
wrong

He said "any team THAT WANTS TO WIN"

that condition is important.
 Cleveland, Charlotte and Phoenix do not meet his qualifier of "winning".....it feels like he cracked the door enough for Danny Ainge to justify going after him.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Extremely predictable. I explained this whole anti-Celtic posturing in a video weeks ago:  https://youtu.be/-VFuQ9IuTOE

I said that as soon as the trade deadline passed, Davis would suddenly have Boston on his list.   This was fully expected. I took so much heat from NBA fans who thought I was being a homer, but it was obvious what was going on.