Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356940 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1125 on: April 03, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Never thought I'd say this, but I actually hope Jadis dies a more brutal death or has a far worse injury than Negan (who I know is still alive in the comics).

Acting was great yesterday though, and the ending was perfect IMO.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1126 on: April 03, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Never thought I'd say this, but I actually hope Jadis dies a more brutal death or has a far worse injury than Negan (who I know is still alive in the comics).

I'm wondering if the trash people and Negan's crew end up having their own separate battle. I'm betting that is a very tenuous alliance.

Also, Shiva jumping in like that and eating people was fantastic. Negan looked legitimately freaked out. Then he just looked furious when he saw Maggie.

« Reply #1127 on: April 03, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm wondering if the trash people and Negan's crew end up having their own separate battle. I'm betting that is a very tenuous alliance.

Also, Shiva jumping in like that and eating people was fantastic. Negan looked legitimately freaked out. Then he just looked furious when he saw Maggie.

"They have a [dang] tiger?!?!?" - Negan  :laugh:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I still wouldn't mind seeing the trash people wiped out as a result LOL.

Shiva is now my favorite.

I was expected gunshots or something as Negan was about to swing, but then the tiger came in. PURE GENIUS.

« Reply #1128 on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
loved the season premiere.   good to finally see a plan of attack from the 'alliance' against Negan and the zombie hoard added a lovely finishing touch to wiping out Sanctuary.   Rick should have taken out Negan when he first popped out the door though--missed opportunity that'll likely bite in the butt later.

anyone have any thoughts on the differing timelines presented?

« Reply #1129 on: November 12, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
SPOILER

RIP Shiva.   really disappointed they killed her off

« Reply #1130 on: November 13, 2017, 08:51:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m not buying that a dozen walkers in a muddy ditch could take down a full grown angry tiger.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1131 on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »

Online chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 208
I’m not buying that a dozen walkers in a muddy ditch could take down a full grown angry tiger.
If I can suspend belief enough to buy walkers I guess I can suspend belief enough to buy them taking down a tiger but it is not easy...
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #1132 on: November 13, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

They can. These monsters are not afraid to just pin down anything alive, and would keep going unless their brains stop.

Shiva is strong and big, but she's going against a horde of hungry zombies who has no remorse and no fear. She might be able to take down a couple, but eventually she will be overwhelmed with the numbers, which is what happened.

Regardless, I didn't feel sad when the Kingdom fighters went down, but the Shiva death really dragged me down.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1133 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
the hardest part to suspend belief about is that Negan just walks out there with his cohorts and no one shoots them when they all have a clear shot at it. 
  I'm liking the general tone of the season - much more upbeat etc, but it is getting harder to follow - who are all these people at the outposts - and what exactly is the overall plan? it seems scattered.

Negan is great in the comics but it just hasn't carried over good enough to PG 13 rated TV. They need to kind of move on a bit i think. it just seems too cartoon-like now.  just my 2 cents.

« Reply #1134 on: November 13, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They can. These monsters are not afraid to just pin down anything alive, and would keep going unless their brains stop.

Shiva is strong and big, but she's going against a horde of hungry zombies who has no remorse and no fear. She might be able to take down a couple, but eventually she will be overwhelmed with the numbers, which is what happened.

Regardless, I didn't feel sad when the Kingdom fighters went down, but the Shiva death really dragged me down.

A horde, yes. A dozen or less? No way.  We’re talking about a 400+ pound agile killing machine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1135 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:13 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
the hardest part to suspend belief about is that Negan just walks out there with his cohorts and no one shoots them when they all have a clear shot at it. 
  I'm liking the general tone of the season - much more upbeat etc, but it is getting harder to follow - who are all these people at the outposts - and what exactly is the overall plan? it seems scattered.

Negan is great in the comics but it just hasn't carried over good enough to PG 13 rated TV. They need to kind of move on a bit i think. it just seems too cartoon-like now.  just my 2 cents.

Yeah, for me this was the point where the show completely jumped the shark.  So they refuse to take a wide open shot at 2-3 of the leaders of the saviors and Negan, but after they go inside they waste hundreds of bullets shooting out the high windows that a zombie isn't going to be able to go though to the the saviors (if that was the point, I am not sure.)

After that my 'do they thing the viewers are idiots' radar came up, and I don't even care if I see the show anymore.  In season 1, 2, and 3 this was great television.  The show I think needs to end, they are repeating themselves, and it has seriously gone down hill.

« Reply #1136 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Well, you could also make the argument that Negan could have simply killed almost all of Rick's group that night he had them on their knees, but he didn't.

Yeah, I agree it's kind of stupid, but that's just how TV shows are lol.

The part I found funny is when Jerry comes in and practically slices the guy in half in a gruesome, violence scene, and people cheer and are like "yes, I expected it!", but then Shiva goes down and suddenly it's emotional terror and everyone is so emotional  :laugh:

I hated seeing her go, but I knew it was coming (like in comics), and I think the cast/crew wanted to save up by not having to use CGI anymore  :P

« Reply #1137 on: November 14, 2017, 08:56:11 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

A horde, yes. A dozen or less? No way.  We’re talking about a 400+ pound agile killing machine.
have to agree in the sense that I would have expected Shiva to be able to get away.  instead the show just had her back into the gully and not try to escape. 

« Reply #1138 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yeah, for me this was the point where the show completely jumped the shark.  So they refuse to take a wide open shot at 2-3 of the leaders of the saviors and Negan, but after they go inside they waste hundreds of bullets shooting out the high windows that a zombie isn't going to be able to go though to the the saviors (if that was the point, I am not sure.)

After that my 'do they thing the viewers are idiots' radar came up, and I don't even care if I see the show anymore.  In season 1, 2, and 3 this was great television.  The show I think needs to end, they are repeating themselves, and it has seriously gone down hill.

this is what bugged me about what I suppose was their plan.  Negan's right there for the taking and not even a shot fired at him until he's in the building.  no wonder Negan feels he's going to win the war and can control the 'sheep' in the civil communities.   

« Reply #1139 on: December 10, 2017, 10:41:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
spoiler alert:

well that was a surprise -- biting Carl  -- I don't believe he's dead in the comics but since I'm not a reader, I could be wrong.  even though Carl's character grew on me the past couple of seasons, I still feel worse about Shiva's death.

Talking Dead dropping hints of an interesting finish for Carl when the season picks up in February