Author Topic: Shams: Expects Celtics to be active before trade deadline  (Read 17027 times)

Re: Shams: Expects Celtics to be active before trade deadline
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2024, 11:17:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd be down with Bey.  Osman, too. 

But, unless there's an injury, bringing in Griffin or another ring chaser after a buyout is still the most probable outcome.  If the team is playing like this in late January, it's a pretty defensible strategy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2024, 11:25:26 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2538
I think I prefer Bey to Griffin on paper, but there's something to be said for the fact that everyone in the organisation appears to love Blake. The locker room intangibles are surely there in spades.

Assuming Blake has been diligently working to stay strong and in shape… He’ll be 35 in March and his body has not exactly been the  poster body for NBA longevity.  But admittedly he’s hung in there and it was great having him on the team last year.  Probably would be good for Q too.

Saddiq Bey sounds great to me.

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2024, 02:09:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Looking ahead to the playoffs, whoever the C's bring in would have to be definitely better than Queta. Would Blake definitely be better than just upgrading Queta to the full roster?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2024, 02:12:00 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 989
I think I prefer Bey to Griffin on paper, but there's something to be said for the fact that everyone in the organisation appears to love Blake. The locker room intangibles are surely there in spades.

Assuming Blake has been diligently working to stay strong and in shape… He’ll be 35 in March and his body has not exactly been the  poster body for NBA longevity.  But admittedly he’s hung in there and it was great having him on the team last year.  Probably would be good for Q too.

Saddiq Bey sounds great to me.

The Celtics wanted Blake in the offseason and he supposedly said his body wasn’t up for it.  We’ll see where he is in two more months I guess.

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2024, 02:54:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3011
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd be down to bring Griffin back but we've heard nothing at all about him in recent months. Idk, maybe he's just gonna take this year off? We're now in January, even if he did come back I imagine he'd need a bit of a routine and a "glorified preseason" to get back into real-game shape again. Still, I'd love to bring him back if that's possible.

If not, Bey and Osman are pretty good candidates.

I still think PF/C is the biggest need, but I'm not too sure there's many options on that end. Stewart would have been perfect but the poison pill restriction makes it tough. Precious was a possibility but the Raps traded him to the Knicks. Olynyk makes too much. Everyone hates Drummond lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2024, 06:00:57 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I don't get the love for Griffin other than as a locker room guy. He didn't even play last year in the playoffs. Why would this year be any different considering he's a year older and hasn't played in months?

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2024, 12:43:02 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
I'd be down with Bey.  Osman, too. 

But, unless there's an injury, bringing in Griffin or another ring chaser after a buyout is still the most probable outcome.  If the team is playing like this in late January, it's a pretty defensible strategy.

I am not sure what Bey or Osman bring that we don't already have.  Neither are great 3-point shooters, Osman career 35%, this season 36%; Bey career 36%, this season 35%.  I have liked Bey when I have seen him play, not so much with Osman.

Is there some thought that Bey is on the market, could be had?  We have until Jan 10 before guarantees kick in for Mykhailiuk, Stevens, and Banton.  We wouldn't need to send anything back due to the TPE, but could, and it wouldn't cost ATL anything.  Bey seems like an upgrade on any of these, at least good enough to actually play regularly.

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2024, 12:52:58 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Mykhailiuk has been disappointing. Don't care if he's released. Other then that I'm very satisfied with the roster. I believe Brissett and Stevens can be valuable enough to make an acquisition of Bey or Osman redundant.

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2024, 12:53:49 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186
I'd do a Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk for Sandro Mamukelashvili. Very minor trade but makes for better balance on both rosters.

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2024, 12:58:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3011
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd do a Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk for Sandro Mamukelashvili. Very minor trade but makes for better balance on both rosters.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2024, 01:04:13 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1820

Equal number of letters in both their names....20
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2024, 01:40:02 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 989

Equal number of letters in both their names....20

I admit my respect for Drew Carter grew when he got out both of those names within seconds of each other during the Spurs broadcast.  I already liked him, but he clearly does prep work!