Author Topic: Hayward turns 30 just starting to fully appreciate his game  (Read 1696 times)

Hayward turns 30 just starting to fully appreciate his game
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:52:46 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
His game will age well .I have become a huge fan of his hypnotic smooth pace, as he just uses what is necessary to get the job done. His backdoor cuts silently, smoothly sneaky. What seems like slow motion into his mid range, how can he be so open?
And you couldn't ask for a better player for Jaylen and Jayson .

Fultz is another one that plays to me in "slow motion smooth".  I keep going this is the NBA he shouldn't be getting there so easily.
Romeo is of those guys that switch gears so smoothly that it looks effortless.
Jaylen has that long smooth first step that makes things effortless at times. On the other hand, Jaylen is about power and quickness but he is learning change of pace but he never moves for me in slow motion. Maybe on a catch and shoot from the corner with that high arcing shot.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:56:35 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Hayward turns 30 just starting to fully appreciate his game
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:06:02 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I really, really like how much Jaylen and Jayson have been taking from Gordon's game this year.

That curling drive to the FT line for a pull-up J that Jaylen has become so devastating at this year is a pure Gordon Hayward move.

Hayward is a great role model for them on how to play.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I really, really like how much Jaylen and Jayson have been taking from Gordon's game this year.

That curling drive to the FT line for a pull-up J that Jaylen has become so devastating at this year is a pure Gordon Hayward move.

100%! If they can take leaves out of his passing book then watch out world
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 11:15:34 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sometimes team sports, especially basketball, reminds me of putting together and then playing in a musical band.

You can't have a cast of wanna-be stars all wanting the spotlight at the same time, and expect magic to happen. There must be support in all the right places or the team/band never reaches full potential. You need mates that are eager to support and assist by finding what each member does best and then highlight that. It's all about creating chemistry.

Hayward is a good mate, he looks the floor over well and selflessly gives the game what it needs, when it needs it. I believe the guy could be scoring at the same clip he once did with the Jazz when the ball was always in his hands. Not so with this Boston team, he doesn't need to be that guy, he needs to be a veteran presents and an all-around playmaker.

If Marcus is the heart of this team, Hayward is one of the the straws that stirs it.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

100%! If they can take leaves out of his passing book then watch out world

The first thing they need to do is take a leaf out of his vision book - he sees opportunities not just for himself but for others, and then his passing unlocks those opportunities.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
TP Rollie for this post of optimism in these tough times.

I knew it was you the moment I read the heading!!

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 01:24:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I agree that his game will age well, I could see him being a valuable glue guy with decent scoring / shooting through his mid-30s.

Question is whether the Celts are able to keep him.

I think the way this season has (likely) ended will probably help keep him in green another season.  It's amazing how much of this contract has been eaten away by unforeseeable events, though.  So much of Hayward we hoped to see when we signed him back in 2017, we've seen very little of him in full form.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 01:34:37 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
@Phosita - is that a new avatar?

'Agree that it has just plain been frustrating how totally unforseen / uncontrollable events have robbed us of seeing more of healthy Hayward.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Re: Hayward turns 30 just stairting to fully appreciate his game
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
it s taken a while but i think Hayward might be poised to play his best Celtics ball ever.