Author Topic: Moving forward  (Read 4496 times)

Re: Moving forward
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Let's see I think I can predict how this game will gi.

Celtics either come out and get down 21-6 or go up 21-6
Celtics build a big lead.
Brad will stand with his arms folded all game like hes watching his 10 yr old play.
Wanamaker, Semi, GWill, Langford come in and the lead wilts to the Pacers taking the lead.
Brad takes out Kemba and Tatum mid 4th quarter while the game is in the balance. It will be nip and tuck from 4 mins until the end.

We will not see Kantor. RWill, Theis or GWill play together but the Pacers will play Sabonis and Turner together. We get killed on the boards because Stevens thinks his advantage is always small ball.

Told ya...what will Stevens do this last minute.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 09:14:50 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
Now this is a coaches game to win.

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
Great road win! Congrats CBS...that's all we care about...get the win!!!

I saw guys play with more urgency.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Great road win! Congrats CBS...that's all we care about...get the win!!!

I saw guys play with more urgency.

This isn't the game thread. Your posts should be there.

Anyway in this game we saw the team struggled when Kemba couldnt score. It is really important that Kemba figure things out, and this game is one of those growing pains for that.

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 09:51:20 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Let's see I think I can predict how this game will gi.

Celtics either come out and get down 21-6 or go up 21-6
Celtics build a big lead.
Brad will stand with his arms folded all game like hes watching his 10 yr old play.
Wanamaker, Semi, GWill, Langford come in and the lead wilts to the Pacers taking the lead.
Brad takes out Kemba and Tatum mid 4th quarter while the game is in the balance. It will be nip and tuck from 4 mins until the end.

We will not see Kantor. RWill, Theis or GWill play together but the Pacers will play Sabonis and Turner together. We get killed on the boards because Stevens thinks his advantage is always small ball.

Told ya...what will Stevens do this last minute.

You've only been right on maybe 2 of these ****. BTW we outrebounded the Pacers.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2020, 10:00:00 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
All I'm saying is stop worrying about the next year. Ainge stays in the next year mode too.much.

Win now and next year will take care of next year. We waited for all the picks this year and still don't have a bench. The one guy that should be playing wasn't drafted and that's Tacko.

Stop collecting picks, because you can't keep them all or your payroll will be $800M. If they flop, them the GM is fired anyway.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
All I'm saying is stop worrying about the next year. Ainge stays in the next year mode too.much.

Win now and next year will take care of next year. We waited for all the picks this year and still don't have a bench. The one guy that should be playing wasn't drafted and that's Tacko.

Stop collecting picks, because you can't keep them all or your payroll will be $800M. If they flop, them the GM is fired anyway.

Lol exactly my thoughts. He's been worrying about the next year for like the past 10 years. Flip those picks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 03:14:03 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Lol exactly my thoughts. He's been worrying about the next year for like the past 10 years. Flip those picks.

If you guys had your way we'd end up with Al Horford and Tobias Harris making several millions over several seasons. Or basically trading Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown for an aging KG, PP and Terry.

Shortsightedness is very real, you have to keep options open. You make a deal if there's a good deal, but do not make one just for the sake of doing so. Answer me SparzWizard and GreenRunsDeep33, what deal would you have done that would push us to be a tier 1 contender?

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 07:25:11 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
The deal I would've done was for Davis Bertans and plug him in as the 6th man. Then you hope he will resign next year. If you can take that gamble on others resigning it could've been done with him.

So 2 picks and a player but not our highest pick. Maybe Langford or GWill.

If we had brought off the bench
Bertans
Smart
Kantor
RWill

That's a playoff bench. Bertans would've have killed being a stretch 4 and opened thing up for Kantor and drive and kicks.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 07:29:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The deal I would've done was for Davis Bertans and plug him in as the 6th man. Then you hope he will resign next year. If you can take that gamble on others resigning it could've been done with him.

So 2 picks and a player but not our highest pick. Maybe Langford or GWill.

If we had brought off the bench
Bertans
Smart
Kantor
RWill

That's a playoff bench. Bertans would've have killed being a stretch 4 and opened thing up for Kantor and drive and kicks.
Washington was approached regarding Bertrans by most of the league and decided to keep him.

Takes two to tango. Washington wasn't dealing Bertrans.

Try another player.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
Every player has trade value...don't fall for that.  Especially if he's a FA next year. Do you really think the Wiz can sign him with most of their money going to Beal/Wall.

He had a price Ainge wasn't willing to pay.

Gallinari is another one. It would've cost more but we have young players and picks that could've got it done.

Look none of these picks we have will see any time on this roster next year.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Every player has trade value...don't fall for that.  Especially if he's a FA next year. Do you really think the Wiz can sign him with most of their money going to Beal/Wall.

He had a price Ainge wasn't willing to pay.

Gallinari is another one. It would've cost more but we have young players and picks that could've got it done.

Look none of these picks we have will see any time on this roster next year.
Washington wanted 2 1st round picks plus a player to trade Bertans. No sane GM pays that price for a bench playing rental. Doing so is idiotic. It's why Bertans is still in Washington. Washington knew no one would pay that price for a rental.

And yes, Bertans will be re-signed by Washington.

The team had no chance at Gallinari. Guy makes $23 million. Matching salaries would have needed to include Smart and either Theis or Kanter or they would have needed to move Hayward. There was no way to make a trade to add Gallinari to this core. Also, he is another possible rental and trading long term core parts for a guy that could leave at year's end is again, idiotic. That's why Miami tried to get an extension done with Gallo before trading for him. Since they couldn't get that extension agrreed upon, they moved on.

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2020, 08:47:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Can't have a disappointing playoffs if there's no playoffs.

Man Kyrie was years ahead of the curve in 18.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2020, 08:54:08 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
About trading those picks,

I'm all with the "it takes 2 to tango" and with hindsight trading picks for George or Butler probably would have been a mistake, possibly even trading Brown + picks for Kawhi would have been a mistake.

But there was an interesting tidbit on the 3/9 Lowe Post with Darrly Morey as the guest.  At about 8:12 Lowe talks about how the Rockets have no picks and how pre-Harden the Rockets were accumulating picks, and since acquiring Harden they've been trading picks.  Then at about 9:20 Morey says:  "I don't understand teams that hold onto their picks when they're close like this, and people can go look these teams up." 

I thought he was clearly talking about Ainge there (who else could he be talking about?).  Also immediately following that he said they consider "close" as having great than 5% chance to win a title.  Thought that was interesting too as I know that's something we debate here one way or another all the time, what does one consider "close"?  Well according to Morey >5%.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:14:16 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class