Author Topic: Romeo Langford(merged threads)  (Read 91482 times)

Re: Romeo Langford(merged threads)
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Romeo Langford shooting with a ping pong paddle tied to his left hand. Scott Morrison: “I believe it has something to do with keeping his guide hand thumb off the ball.”

Outside shooting one of Langford’s obvious weaknesses coming into the NBA. Celtics working on it already.

Romeo Langford said the Celtics brought the guide hand issue to his attention to remake his form a bit, but he has heard it before.

“It kind of messes your shot up, makes you get bad rotation.”

https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1146119247187329031?s=21

So Langford response is

Thanks for the tip but no thanks? ;D

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2019, 02:57:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Romeo Langford shooting with a ping pong paddle tied to his left hand. Scott Morrison: “I believe it has something to do with keeping his guide hand thumb off the ball.”

Outside shooting one of Langford’s obvious weaknesses coming into the NBA. Celtics working on it already.

Romeo Langford said the Celtics brought the guide hand issue to his attention to remake his form a bit, but he has heard it before.

So Langford response is

No; he recognizes it is something he needs to correct, and has been told this before. Not sure that a prop like a ping pong paddle is necessary, though.

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2019, 03:03:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The paddle is just something to bring more attention to it, but he will need to find a form that's comfortable for him regardless of the thumb issue. He is a guard who will be expected to pull up for jump shots off the dribble, not just stand in a corner and mechanically shoot.

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 03:16:12 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The paddle is to whack him over the head with every time he messes up on the most important thing in his life!

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Celtics should hire, if they don't already have one, a really good shooting coach. Use of a paddle as a prop seems kind of dumb in my opinion.

When I was a kid, I would tape a pencil to my shooting hand palm, to make sure the ball stayed in my fingers (something I was taught at Sam Jones basketball camp, LOL) but at least that did not interfere with how the ball felt in my hands. Using a paddle doesn't make sense. Your off hand should provide guidance, it just shouldn't be pushing the ball, especially with the thumb.  The off hand should be end up perpendicular to the ground is all.

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i suspect that the celtics organization has at least a little bit of experience in coaching young players. i will go out on a limb and trust them on this.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:55:45 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Safe to say he won’t play in SL?

Haven’t seen anything saying he’s ruled out though

They ruled him out about 2-3 days after the presser. There were tweets but I don't feel like finding them.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 03:55:57 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I suspect that Williams and Edwards will get a lot of minutes this year, but I don't think Langford will. I think he's much more of a work in progress than the other 2.

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Safe to say he won’t play in SL?

Haven’t seen anything saying he’s ruled out though

They ruled him out about 2-3 days after the presser. There were tweets but I don't feel like finding them.
I don't believe that's the case. Though I doubt he plays, they hadn't ruled him out as of yesterday, though Scott Morrison's comments seem to indicate he won't play.

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

So Langford response is

Full quote:

“That was really just to keep the thumb of my guide hand off the ball, because that kind of messes your shot up and makes you get a bad rotation,” Langford explained. “So we’re trying to limit that.”
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2019, 02:46:40 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
A very deceptive athlete because he moves with that gift of smooth fluid motion and has that wingspan that allows him to be such a great finisher.I used to hate those guys that could imperceptibly change speeds.I thought Fultz was one of those.
The kid is young and couldn't have wound up in a better place than with young vets Jaylen and Jason and this
 collection of new draftees

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2019, 03:28:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
He has a decent ceiling

Plus he was free. Essentially Philly Gave us Romeo Langford as payment for not drafting markelle fultz. Lol

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2019, 03:43:45 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Where fore art though in summer league?  ;D

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2019, 03:46:19 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge