Author Topic: Is this shirt offensive or funny?  (Read 20393 times)

Re: Is this shirt offensive or funny?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »

Offline celtsfan619

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Super offensive

Agree. I would be high ashamed to wear it even at home.

Really? Why? (to both/either of you)

I'm a pacist.

There are no winners in war.

How about all the people Hitler didn't get around to exterminating? Would you consider them to be winners in that war? And how does allowing him to continue what he was doing with nobody trying to stop him fit with your pacifism?

Super offensive

I'm a pacist.

A what?

Personally, I could care less what others wear. I don't care if people walk out decked as the head of The KKK. Most anything you do or wear will offend someone. I also want to say that if you choose something really offensive (not that shirt, to me), be sure you're ready for the people who don't like it, those who might harm you. People are easily offended these days  ::).

Does this shirt really have any connection to the KKK or Hitler? I'm fine with people wearing it, I just would never wear it myself.

Hitler has everything to do with world war 2 genius. Hitler has a lot to do with World War 1 as well. Hitler fought in World War 1 and it was because of The Treaty of Versailles that Hitler came to power. I have no justification for the KKK connection but there is definitely a connection between the shirt and the hitler reference

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 08:50:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Super offensive

I'm a pacist.

How about all the people Hitler didn't get around to exterminating? Would you consider them to be winners in that war? And how does allowing him to continue what he was doing with nobody trying to stop him fit with your pacifism?

Super offensive

I'm a pacist.

A what?

Personally, I could care less what others wear. I don't care if people walk out decked as the head of The KKK. Most anything you do or wear will offend someone. I also want to say that if you choose something really offensive (not that shirt, to me), be sure you're ready for the people who don't like it, those who might harm you. People are easily offended these days  ::).

Does this shirt really have any connection to the KKK or Hitler? I'm fine with people wearing it, I just would never wear it myself.

I'd say there's something of a connection between Hitler and one of the world wars.

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Guys, wearing a shirt in 2013 doesn't impact Hitler... Hitler is dead.

Hitler-supporters in 2013 who may be offended if they see someone wearing this shirt in the streets are just gonna have to deal with it.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 09:03:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Super offensive

I'm a pacist.

Super offensive

I'm a pacist.

A what?

See, now this is when I think people just argue to argue... I never said it had anything to do with KKK, I was talking about offensive things, that's why I was talking about what they wear. Someone is always offended, some way more than others. If you like it, wear it.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I don't like it and wouldn't wear it but I personally do not find it offensive. I could see a shirt like that being worn a lot in the States after Olympic events or July 4th celebrations and people having a good laugh over wearing them.

My guess is there are segments of American society that would find it offensive.

I also would never wear that outside of America. It not only helps to support the obnoxious, overbearing, uncouth, "cowboy" stereotype of Americans that pervade this world outside of America, but also rubs other people's noses in the fact we may have defeated their country or killed an ancestor of theirs in a war. Probably not a good idea.

Ha ya, I kinda bought it for July 4th/memorial day cookouts and country music concerts.  I'm not sure how I'd feel about wearing it in the open
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Guys, wearing a shirt in 2013 doesn't impact Hitler... Hitler is dead.

You didn't ask whether the shirt impacted Hitler directly, you asked if it was connected to him at all.

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 09:27:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Why go halfway with it?  I've always been fond of this design:

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 09:31:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
My guess is there are segments of American society that would find it offensive.

Bah, anyone offended can pound sand.

I also would never wear that outside of America. It not only helps to support the obnoxious, overbearing, uncouth, "cowboy" stereotype of Americans that pervade this world outside of America

Wait a minute, I've worked my butt off for the last 30 years of my life to live up to this stereotype, and now I'm not allowed to be proud of it?

I am a proud (obnoxious) American!  Kiss my grits!

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 12:08:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Bah, anyone offended can pound sand.

I also would never wear that outside of America. It not only helps to support the obnoxious, overbearing, uncouth, "cowboy" stereotype of Americans that pervade this world outside of America

Wait a minute, I've worked my butt off for the last 30 years of my life to live up to this stereotype, and now I'm not allowed to be proud of it?

I am a proud (obnoxious) American!  Kiss my grits!
I can't tell you how much this made me laugh out loud because I guess I am proud of being every stereotype that a Bostonian is. TP.

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 12:15:26 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 12:21:23 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I like it.

Even Hipster Hitler would like that one.

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 12:23:56 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Awesome in the US. Offensive in Japan and Germany. Probably annoying everywhere else.

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 12:29:21 AM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
War is never okay.

But that doesn't mean we can't joke about everything in life. So yeah, the shirt is funny.

Not as cool as the hat though: http://gentlemint.com/media/images/2012/05/24/92bbc617.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Yee haw!!

You definitely need to get a pair of those plastic truck balls to hang off the back of your pick up truck (if you don't already have them) to go along with that shirt. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
Probably wouldn't wear it myself, but I'd get a chuckle out of it if a buddy showed up rocking this. 

Is it in poor taste?  To some groups, sure; but frankly, most humor is.  Doesn't mean I can't laugh at it.