Author Topic: you get traded, you get traded, trade all the junk and blockers  (Read 2621 times)

you get traded, you get traded, trade all the junk and blockers
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:00:09 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yczs5zuz

Sacramento in:
Harrison Barnes and James Johnson (out Randolph, Shumpert and Maclemore)

Sacramento cashes in on some expirings and adds a very good young SF which they really want and add some depth adn toughness at the pf spot.

Miami in:
Hayward, Randolph, Maclemore and Yabusele (out Whiteside, Olyik, Jones JR, Johnson)

Miami sheds salary immediately, and also moving forward as zach/ben equal 16 mill in expiring deals. They take a chance that under a new coach and system that Hayward returns to allstar form.

Dallas in:
Shumpert, Morris, Rozier (Out, Barnes, DSJ)

Dallas saves alot money (they can use it to resign Morris and Terry), puts a pg beside Doncic that will work well with him and greatly upgrades the PF spot and toughness. Iman adds a great roll player off the bench behind Wes and is an expiring as well.

Boson in
Whiteside, Olynik, DSJ, Jones JR (out Hayward, Morris, Yabusele, Rozier)

Boston reloads and rebalances roster. Whiteside allows Horf to move to natural position. Olynik is a glue guy do all off the bench in the front court and DSJ is a possible Irving replacement but for now is a beast off the bench.

Irving/DSJ/Wannamaker
Brown/Smart/Bird
Tatum/Semi/Jones Jr
Horford/Olynik/Theis
Whiteside/Baynes/Williams

Re: you get traded, you get traded, trade all the junk and blockers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 07:19:23 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
What's the obsession with Whiteside all about?

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Or Nurkic for that matter? But yeah, Whiteside is even worse.

@Silky
Next time, why stop at only 4 teams? A 5-way trade would have been even better! :P

In all seriousness, the whole scenario is not even remotely realistic. I mean, when was the last time a 4-way trade happened?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:50:12 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 07:48:56 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

@Silky, why stop at only 4 teams? A 5-way trade would have been even better! :P

In all seriousness, the whole scenario is not even remotely realistic. I mean, when was the last time a 4-way trade happened?

Been a few.

But they happen.

And in regards to Whiteside and nurkic team needs a center desparatly2

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 07:58:01 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

@Silky, why stop at only 4 teams? A 5-way trade would have been even better! :P

Been a few.

But they happen.

It's difficult enough making 2 teams agree on a trade; making 4 teams agree on a trade with that many pieces involved would be practically impossible. In all honesty, I didn't even bother to read this through. No way it's even remotely realistic to expect something like that to materialize.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 08:01:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We do need a center. At the same time, we lack chemistry and heart. Whiteside is like throwing a giant bomb into the locker room.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 08:01:14 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

@Silky
Next time, why stop at only 4 teams? A 5-way trade would have been even better! :P

Whiteside is so unappealing, he should change his name to Blackside.
BTW I'd like to see a good ol' 8-teamer trade.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 08:13:14 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
We do need a center. At the same time, we lack chemistry and heart. Whiteside is like throwing a giant bomb into the locker room.
Don't see why we desperately need a center to be honest. We already have Horford, Baynes and Williams. Even Theis/Yabu can play some minutes at the 5. It's just unfortunate that Baynes is injured right now.

People keep saying that Horford should be used at the 4 alongside another big. The way I see it, he isn't quick enough to defend stretch 4s on the perimeter any more. At this point of his career, I believe Horford should be playing exclusively at the 5.

Not to mention, playing Horford at the 4 would kill our pace. Today's game is all about pace (and space). Really don't like the idea of playing 2 big men at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 08:19:55 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 08:44:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
yeah need center help . Whiteside is not the answer IMO,. He thinks he is Kareem and the team should play though him.  He is always disguntled over something to boot.  That won't fly with FO at Boston.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 09:05:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
so the trade, in terms of the C's, is basically give up a former all-star, our most consistent player who playing at all-star level, an up-and-down PG and bench player for a center that's a bad contract and lockerroom headache that plays for his stats with no offense to speak of, a 4/5 that previously played here that no one misses because he couldn't rebound even as a 7-footer and played passively and 2 bench players?

hideous proposal.

not to mention that now leaves us with what?  a starting line-up of Kyrie, Smart, Tatum, Horford, Baynes with a bench of Theis, Whiteside, Williams, Olynyk (a real log jam at center), Wanamaker (now the primary back up PG),  Brown (our only real scoring threat left on the bench), Dennis Smith (mediocre player so far), Jones (a limited SF role player) and Semi.   

we'd be so much worse it's not even funny. 

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 09:44:54 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I repeat:

Ainge does not trade away injured players for pennies on the dollar. Ainge does not trade away injured players for pennies on the dollar. Ainge does not trade away injured players for pennies on the dollar. Ainge does not trade away injured players for pennies on the dollar. Ainge does not trade away injured players for pennies on the dollar.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 11:54:25 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Might as well do Andre Drummond. At least he has some tiny tiny possibility of matching Hayward in value.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 12:19:19 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This forum has been saying we need a center ever since perk got traded.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 12:58:56 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
no to Mark Blount

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 05:59:06 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
so the trade, in terms of the C's, is basically give up a former all-star, our most consistent player who playing at all-star level, an up-and-down PG and bench player for a center that's a bad contract and lockerroom headache that plays for his stats with no offense to speak of, a 4/5 that previously played here that no one misses because he couldn't rebound even as a 7-footer and played passively and 2 bench players?

hideous proposal.

not to mention that now leaves us with what?  a starting line-up of Kyrie, Smart, Tatum, Horford, Baynes with a bench of Theis, Whiteside, Williams, Olynyk (a real log jam at center), Wanamaker (now the primary back up PG),  Brown (our only real scoring threat left on the bench), Dennis Smith (mediocre player so far), Jones (a limited SF role player) and Semi.   

we'd be so much worse it's not even funny.

You are grossly overrating our players and grossly underrating the incoming players.

You talk of guys like hassan looking for his own stats but ignore rozier and morris doing the same.

Whiteside is one of the best defensive, rebounding shotblocking centers in the nba and these lockerroom headaches you speak of were much less than what Morris has caused in the past

Claiming hayward was an allstar is living in the past. Will he ever get there again....very doubtful imo...

Olynik has improved in Miami and the only reason he was let go was to make capspace.

Dsj is a second year player with tremendous potential.

Jones jr has alot of potential and both are locked up and good trade assets.