Author Topic: The idea of resigning Rozier and pencil him back as starter  (Read 11187 times)

Re: The idea of resigning Rozier and pencil him back as starter
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Probably the most realistic scenario. Not sure what others are saying about not passing? He doesn't dominate the ball as much as Kyrie (not many do), the ball always moves better when he's on the court because of this.

False

https://stats.nba.com/players/passing/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*Bos&sort=PASSES_MADE&dir=1

This stat is pretty useless as it is a per game stat. Kyrie actually passes less per minute than Rozier does, which invalidates your point.

In relation to usage, among players that had at least 100 minutes of action, terry had the 3rd highest usage, despite bad passing numbers, and one of the worst efficiencies of the entire team

This also doesn't mean what you think it means. Terry Rozier is a point guard. Look at Terry Rozier next to other point guards. If you took all the players in the NBA who are under 6'7, played at least 15 mpg, and appeared in at least 40 games this year, do you know where Terry Rozier ranks?

106th. Slightly ahead of Luke Kennard and slightly behind Norman Powell. Behind guys like Shea Gilgeous-Alexander, Jeff Teague, Malcolm Brogdon.

Kyrie Irving meanwhile (and I'm not saying this is good or bad) has the 11th highest usage rate of those 228 available players from 18-19.

Looking at league wide numbers Kyrie is ahead of Paul and Harden for passes made.

While Rozier comes in at 70th in the league behind such passing geniuses as Gobert, Capella, Jabari parker, Danillo Gallinari, Booker, Collins, Mudiay

To show you how insane this stat is for the context you're using, you're representing Rozier as a bad passer because he's 70th league-wide in passes made.

By that same standard, Blake Griffin is a better facilitator than Kyrie because he makes 10 more passes per game.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Probably the most realistic scenario. Not sure what others are saying about not passing? He doesn't dominate the ball as much as Kyrie (not many do), the ball always moves better when he's on the court because of this.

False

https://stats.nba.com/players/passing/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CF=TEAM_ABBREVIATION*E*Bos&sort=PASSES_MADE&dir=1

This stat is pretty useless as it is a per game stat. Kyrie actually passes less per minute than Rozier does, which invalidates your point.

In relation to usage, among players that had at least 100 minutes of action, terry had the 3rd highest usage, despite bad passing numbers, and one of the worst efficiencies of the entire team

This also doesn't mean what you think it means. Terry Rozier is a point guard. Look at Terry Rozier next to other point guards. If you took all the players in the NBA who are under 6'7, played at least 15 mpg, and appeared in at least 40 games this year, do you know where Terry Rozier ranks?

106th. Slightly ahead of Luke Kennard and slightly behind Norman Powell. Behind guys like Shea Gilgeous-Alexander, Jeff Teague, Malcolm Brogdon.

Kyrie Irving meanwhile (and I'm not saying this is good or bad) has the 11th highest usage rate of those 228 available players from 18-19.

Looking at league wide numbers Kyrie is ahead of Paul and Harden for passes made.

While Rozier comes in at 70th in the league behind such passing geniuses as Gobert, Capella, Jabari parker, Danillo Gallinari, Booker, Collins, Mudiay

To show you how insane this stat is for the context you're using, you're representing Rozier as a bad passer because he's 70th league-wide in passes made.

By that same standard, Blake Griffin is a better facilitator than Kyrie because he makes 10 more passes per game.

That last stat tells the whole story.  Game over, man

And I absolutely love the fact a "stat" buries all the Kyrie stat-lovers

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2019, 11:42:19 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Rozier just verified what we already knew or st least what I already knew. If Kyrie comes back Rozier is gone and maybe Hayward. If Rozier comes back Kyrie is gone and Hayward again “might” be fine to.

I say we just stay exciting if Kyrie leaves and just run back the team from 2017 playoffs and hope for the best. Trade Hayward for whatever you can get and find a big to fit next to Horford. That’s your team

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rozier just verified what we already knew or st least what I already knew. If Kyrie comes back Rozier is gone and maybe Hayward. If Rozier comes back Kyrie is gone and Hayward again “might” be fine to.

I say we just stay exciting if Kyrie leaves and just run back the team from 2017 playoffs and hope for the best. Trade Hayward for whatever you can get and find a big to fit next to Horford. That’s your team

But don't just run it back because that team still had holes. Fill in those holes instead of bringing in people to replace guys.

They need to draft 4 bigs and see how that shakes out.  This team doesn't need anyone else under 6'9 right now.

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

But don't just run it back because that team still had holes. Fill in those holes instead of bringing in people to replace guys.

They need to draft 4 bigs and see how that shakes out.  This team doesn't need anyone else under 6'9 right now.

I don’t think the draft is where you fill this hole . Trades or via FA is where we would have to turn. Only disgruntled Center I know is Whiteside. Although I don’t care for his game, he fits the bill until Williams develops or until we develop someone else.

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Plan B or C
Plan "kick ourselves in the nuts because we're masochists".

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2019, 12:00:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he is an awful vetsion of Kyrie .....that can't shoot worth a lick,  hate to pass ,  and rarely plays lockdown defense at this point.

do you hate us that bad ?

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2019, 12:07:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rozier's press today has been....something.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2019, 12:10:28 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
he is an awful vetsion of Kyrie .....that can't shoot worth a lick,  hate to pass ,  and rarely plays lockdown defense at this point.

No, he doesn't hate Boston.  He hates the current situation and dynamic between the team.  Rozier's desire to stay in Boston is entirely dependent upon what happens with Kyrie.  He'll be fine if the team matches a contract offer and allows him to be the starting point guard.

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2019, 12:11:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

No, he doesn't hate Boston.  He hates the current situation and dynamic between the team.  Rozier's desire to stay in Boston is entirely dependent upon what happens with Kyrie.  He'll be fine if the team matches a contract offer and allows him to be the starting point guard.

He isn't good enough to be a championship starting PG. He is me first player on the court out to get his.

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

He isn't good enough to be a championship starting PG. He is me first player on the court out to get his.

I knew I should have clarified that I'm not advocating for Rozier as a player.  My comments above have nothing to do with my opinion of him on the court  I'm only sharing my beliefs about his general attitude towards staying in Boston.

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I knew I should have clarified that I'm not advocating for Rozier as a player.  My comments above have nothing to do with my opinion of him on the court  I'm only sharing my beliefs about his general attitude towards staying in Boston.

I am not sure...from his comments today it seems he does not like Hayward either.

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
No.. Let him go.. He isn't any better than Wannamaker.

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Just disappointed we didn't move him last year when his value was higher. I remember when some of were talking about whether we could get a lottery pick for him.

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2019, 12:34:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Just disappointed we didn't move him last year when his value was higher. I remember when some of were talking about whether we could get a lottery pick for him.

Ainge did try getting a lottery pick, the only interested team was the Suns, and they wanted a heavily protected one.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different