Author Topic: McMenanim: Cavs players don't think current roster can compete (Merged)  (Read 25356 times)

Re: McMenanim: Cavs players don't think current roster can compete (Merged)
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
There are so many competing agendas.

One report says Lebron didn’t want Kyrie traded, and told management to call his bluff. Another says Lebron is angry because he wanted the Cavs to trade for George and Bledsoe.

It’s a toxic circus.

So, I guess, even if only 25% of the stuff floating out there is true, why would Lebron want to resign and come back to this next year & beyond?

End of the road for his time in CLE has to be coming up soon, right?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

One report says Lebron didn’t want Kyrie traded, and told management to call his bluff. Another says Lebron is angry because he wanted the Cavs to trade for George and Bledsoe.

It’s a toxic circus.

So, I guess, even if only 25% of the stuff floating out there is true, why would Lebron want to resign and come back to this next year & beyond?

Yeah, no one is going to want to play for Sacramento East. This is too much drama even for Lebron.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2018, 10:54:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It’s a toxic circus.

both of those could in fact be true, since the George rumors centered on Love and Bledsoe was basically traded for peanuts in the end (despite the early rumors where he was involved in Kyrie trades).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2018, 03:05:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

It’s a toxic circus.

Yeah, no one is going to want to play for Sacramento East. This is too much drama even for Lebron.

It would be cool for the NBA if he agreed to wave his trade clause privately and got moved at the deadline (obviously a 1 in a million chance). That team is just so stale, they are not even fun to watch.

« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »

Offline Ory

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
Can they just sell the team and relocate to Seattle already?

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2018, 10:06:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
2-0 since the lineup change.  Thompson and Love have both played pretty well in those games so it may have worked

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2018, 10:14:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2-0 since the lineup change.  Thompson and Love have both played pretty well in those games so it may have worked

I'll still never quite understand why they thought it was a good idea to start Love at C.

I'll need to see a lot more from them before I buy they've fixed their defensive woes, but I've also never ruled out them out as being capable of making the Finals regardless of their defense.

Any team with LeBron is a threat to make the Finals.

« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2018, 02:26:46 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
That TT contract was the beginning of the end.

At the end of the day, it's all Lebron's fault anyways...

Please tell me you're joking. Nothing has ever been LeBron's fault. Any time his team loses or struggles, his teammates, coaches or front office are to blame, but not him. He doesn't get any calls from the refs, and his career has been one struggle after another, starting with the $100 million Nike contract he signed before he ever played a single game in the NBA. 

By all accounts, he's done a ton of great things in the community off the court and appears to be a good person. But purely in the context of basketball and basketball-related activities, he's easily the most delusional and obnoxious star athlete I've ever seen.

« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I'll still never quite understand why they thought it was a good idea to start Love at C.

I'll need to see a lot more from them before I buy they've fixed their defensive woes, but I've also never ruled out them out as being capable of making the Finals regardless of their defense.

I think the headline from espn on their pacers win described it as underwhelming. They struggled all day yesterday with the pistons who have been in complete free fall for a month since Jackson got hurt. Are we also not mentioning that Isaiah Thomas got benched the entire 4th yesterday?

« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The Cavaliers really only have only one way to thread the needle in a series vs. GSW, and that's trading for the duo of DeAndre Jordan + Lou Williams.

Otherwise, George Hill and others alike help only a little but don't thread the needle.

Cousins getting injured also hurts CLE if they wanted to go after him (Cousins DEFINITELY would have threaded the needle for them as well).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2018, 12:21:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The Cavaliers really only have only one way to thread the needle in a series vs. GSW, and that's trading for the duo of DeAndre Jordan + Lou Williams.

Otherwise, George Hill and others alike help only a little but don't thread the needle.

Cousins getting injured also hurts CLE if they wanted to go after him (Cousins DEFINITELY would have threaded the needle for them as well).

I think going after AB, and bringing in Jordan could also work.

But yes going after Hill doesn't seem like a smart idea, plus why even bring in Hill lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I think going after AB, and bringing in Jordan could also work.

But yes going after Hill doesn't seem like a smart idea, plus why even bring in Hill lol.

Actually yes, you're right. Ugh hope AB doesn't go to CLE. Hope OKC or Clippers trade for him instead.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Their thinking behind that move was that, with a starting back-court of Rose & Wade (at the start of the season) they needed to have shooting from all 3 front-court positions.  So they benched Thomson and started Love-Crowder-Lebron.

Obviously, that didn't work out, but for a ton of different reasons, most of them having to do with players other than Love himself.   Crowder's missing shot.  Rose' injury.  Thomson's injury.  The fossilization of several players on the roster, etc., etc.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think the headline from espn on their pacers win described it as underwhelming. They struggled all day yesterday with the pistons who have been in complete free fall for a month since Jackson got hurt. Are we also not mentioning that Isaiah Thomas got benched the entire 4th yesterday?
the backups and James were working so Thompson told Lue to leave them out there.  Love was the only other starter (along with James) that played at all in the 4th quarter yesterday (and Love came in very late).  I actually like that sort of move from Lue.  He stayed with what worked rather than letting egos get in the way. 

« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2018, 12:47:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

the backups and James were working so Thompson told Lue to leave them out there.  Love was the only other starter (along with James) that played at all in the 4th quarter yesterday (and Love came in very late).  I actually like that sort of move from Lue.  He stayed with what worked rather than letting egos get in the way.

I'm just a bit confused why you are impressed by these two wins. One a lottery team and one the 7 seed. They have been able to beat the bad to mediocre teams all year. Their issue is playing the rockets, thunder, warriors,raptors etc. I don't think any lineup change is going to solve that. They need to trade