Author Topic: Report: Grizzlies telling everyone they're picking Morant at #2  (Read 2962 times)

Re: Report: Grizzlies telling everyone they're picking Morant at #2
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 02:11:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Hawks have 8 and 10.  I wonder if they might be interested in going up there for Barrett.  Not sure what else it might take as I don't think 8 and 10 alone is enough to get to 2, but that would be an interesting move for Atlanta and Memphis. 

Think the Lakers are done with Ball?  If so, maybe Ball and 4 for 2.

That is not enough. Not in this draft.
I think Ball and 4 might very well be enough for the Grizzlies.  Ball, for all his flaws, is shaping up to be an excellent defender and passer, and should have a very long career on those two skills alone.  And while this looks to be a 3 strong draft, there are scouts that think guys like Reddish may end up with the best career out of anyone in the draft (Hunter, White, and Garland are receiving a lot of love as well). 

I agree 8 and 10 isn't enough, which is what I said originally, but right now nbadraft.net has Reddish at 8 and Hachimura at 10.  Each of those guys might actually end up with a better career than Morant. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Great pick IMO.

JJJ and Jevon Carter (2018 draft picks) fit their grit n grind mentality that they market to their fans. Ja Morant brings the WOW excitement for ticket sales.

Unpopular opinion but wouldn't be surprising to see Conley stay as a mentor type if no one's offering more than a late first like trade deadline. They sometimes played him off the ball last year. Contract too much and complicates salary matching, injury prone, visible signs of decline , not as good as his name brand (like Marc Gasol). His slashing ability isn't what it was in his prime anymore. Also quiet guy and apparently doesn't complain like Gasol and become a locker room problem when things don't go well. Most popular MEM player.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
they could be shopping the pick.

And if we had gotten just a smidgen of luck I think they would entertain trading down within the top 10 if they can get back the pick we own moving forward.

wonder what it would take to get Atlants #8, then package that pick, and Memphis future pick for #2?

Or perhaps Rozier in a S&T to Phoenix for #6?

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 03:09:49 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Rozier s&t and the clipper pick for the 6th pick

The 6th pick and Memphis future first for pick #2.

Draft Morant.

explore trades possibilities with Hayward, tatum, S&T Kyrie for frontcourt youth.

Morant
Brown
tatum
Horford
Baynes/Williams

6th - Smart

The wing spots are set for a decade

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 03:15:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Draft Morant.

explore trades possibilities with Hayward, tatum, S&T Kyrie for frontcourt youth.

Morant
Brown
tatum
Horford
Baynes/Williams

6th - Smart

Dude do you ever like think about trades that could benefit the other team? This isn't NBA 2K19 with trade override on.

What makes you think Clippers + Rozier is even worth a lottery pick, let alone the 6th?

I mean come on... I would've thought by now after your past experience with realGM, that maybe you would stop making these awful trade ideas that will never ever happen.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why would Memphis be sad if they end up with Zion? Why laugh? They'd be ecstatic.

Also Morant is not being given a promise. You don't give a promise when you have the number 2 pick. A promise is something you give when you're asking a prospect to back out of the combine or dodge workouts with other teams.

Stuff changes, look at what happened with Fultz/Tatum. If NOP decides to not go with Zion, Memphis will make the easy call without worrying about Morant and the work they've put into the relationship.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Draft Morant.

Morant
Brown
tatum
Horford
Baynes/Williams

6th - Smart

Dude do you ever like think about trades that could benefit the other team? This isn't NBA 2K19 with trade override on.

What makes you think Clippers + Rozier is even worth a lottery pick, let alone the 6th?

I mean come on... I would've thought by now after your past experience with realGM, that maybe you would stop making these awful trade ideas that will never ever happen.

Well apparently phienix is not interested in having more youth beside booker.

And phienix wanted rozier at deadline but danny wanted an unprotected pick.

So a pick drop of spots and rozier is very fair value for the 6th pick. Even with rozier being garbage this past season.
Booker has claimed he wants to win and is tired of playing with young guys. Rozier helps them alot. What rozier is good at they need from a pg. Its actually a great fit. And this is evidenced by the deadline talk between danny and them

And 6 and no worries of future pick loss is a far deal for memphis.

I would like ti hear why this is so terrible and 2k ish as you so kindly put it.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Draft Morant.

Morant
Brown
tatum
Horford
Baynes/Williams

6th - Smart

So a pick drop of spots and rozier is very fair value for the 6th pick. Even with rozier being garbage this past season.
Booker has claimed he wants to win and is tired of playing with young guys. Rozier helps them alot. What rozier is good at they need from a pg. Its actually a great fit. And this is evidenced by the deadline talk between danny and them

I would like ti hear why this is so terrible and 2k ish as you so kindly put it.

Phoenix is definitely interested in Rozier. Where did you hear this?

My point is that the Clippers have cap space... If they miss out on free agents, they can simply just SIGN him for FREE, instead of giving away assets.'

And no GM in their right mind would do the 6th pick for Rozier + 20th pick...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 04:04:48 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Draft Morant.

Morant
Brown
tatum
Horford
Baynes/Williams

6th - Smart

Phoenix is definitely interested in Rozier. Where did you hear this?

My point is that the Clippers have cap space... If they miss out on free agents, they can simply just SIGN him for FREE, instead of giving away assets.'

And no GM in their right mind would do the 6th pick for Rozier + 20th pick... This is not La La land... GM's nowadays are more informed and have surplus of talent evaluation, scouts, directors, and assistants/personnel to advise.

Why are you talking about the clippers?

And if you believe that terry is an 18ppg 5 and 5 pg with a steal per game average(pretty much what he did during his run as a starter here) then he is easily worth the 6th pick in the draft. (Adding the 20th pick included)

And phoenix was in talks at the deadline with boston. Danny wanted an unprotected pick and phoneix wanted it to have protection.

Dropping down spots is the equivalent of having an 11th puck tramslate (assuming pick was top 10 protected)