Author Topic: Rozier is a great story but...  (Read 2292 times)

Re: Rozier is a great story but...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
any takers on trading kyrie?

i'd at least consider it.

rozier is younger, healthier. at this point playoff tested and proven. also possibly will blend in better w the new stars - JB and JT.  will kyrie be able to blend in w them as well, if hes not the alpha dog he was seeking to be by coming here?

kyrie still the overall better player probably but they dont seem to need them both, with the rest of the core they have.

wouldnt put anything past danny of course!

it'll be interesting.

No. Nope. Negative. Never. If we are gonna beat GSW you need his élite shot making.

I would listen to trading Rozier. There the real possibility that his value will be as high as it is now. And even if he still has room to grow he is unlikely to ever reach a point where he replaces Irving. If we keep Smart and Irving we aren't keeping Rozier long term, and given that Smart will likely be cheaper and his importancia as an energy guy hes probably the one we keep.

I also think the idea of Rozier as Irving insurance is a little overated. If he gets injured again next year we aren't winning even with Rozier, we need Irving. Its like having 50,000 of insurance for a 200,000 house. Its nice, but if the house burns down u are still broke. So unless the Celtics are so worried about Irving long term that Rozier becomes the guy than he seems expendable giving our roster crunch.

Now of course im not trading him for a middling pick. #15 or a lottery protected 2019 pick snt getting it done. Needs to be Rozier+27 for a top 10 pick to interest me. I would look for a young big to replace Horford long term if I could.

I say offer the Clippers Rozier, #27, and their own pick in 2019 back for #11 and #12. Trade 11 and 12 to move up to get the remainder of Bamba/Carter/Porter in that 5-7 range.

Its actually 12 and 13, dont know if LA would give up both. Their puck is lotto protected so its value is hard to gage.  I think NY at 9 might be fasvcinating,  they could keep him as a small cap hold next offseason, use their cap space and then resign him. Him and that frenxch PG they drafted would be a terror defesively.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

rozier is younger, healthier. at this point playoff tested and proven. also possibly will blend in better w the new stars - JB and JT.  will kyrie be able to blend in w them as well, if hes not the alpha dog he was seeking to be by coming here?

kyrie still the overall better player probably but they dont seem to need them both, with the rest of the core they have.

it'll be interesting.

No. Nope. Negative. Never. If we are gonna beat GSW you need his élite shot making.

I would listen to trading Rozier. There the real possibility that his value will be as high as it is now. And even if he still has room to grow he is unlikely to ever reach a point where he replaces Irving. If we keep Smart and Irving we aren't keeping Rozier long term, and given that Smart will likely be cheaper and his importancia as an energy guy hes probably the one we keep.

I also think the idea of Rozier as Irving insurance is a little overated. If he gets injured again next year we aren't winning even with Rozier, we need Irving. Its like having 50,000 of insurance for a 200,000 house. Its nice, but if the house burns down u are still broke. So unless the Celtics are so worried about Irving long term that Rozier becomes the guy than he seems expendable giving our roster crunch.

Now of course im not trading him for a middling pick. #15 or a lottery protected 2019 pick snt getting it done. Needs to be Rozier+27 for a top 10 pick to interest me. I would look for a young big to replace Horford long term if I could.

I say offer the Clippers Rozier, #27, and their own pick in 2019 back for #11 and #12. Trade 11 and 12 to move up to get the remainder of Bamba/Carter/Porter in that 5-7 range.

Its actually 12 and 13, dont know if LA would give up both. Their puck is lotto protected so its value is hard to gage.  I think NY at 9 might be fasvcinating,  they could keep him as a small cap hold next offseason, use their cap space and then resign him. Him and that frenxch PG they drafted would be a terror defesively.
Why would New York want Rozier who they'll have to re-sign to a bigger contract after next season versus a cheap rookie PG like Sexton or Young? 

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 07:15:44 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Lots of people speculating about Tatum and Brown in terms of team chemistry once the reinforcements return next year.  I'm not concerned about those two but I am about Rozier.  I wonder if he will be disgruntled having to return to back up duties.

That's one potential reason for moving him.

He’s never been a public problem, but I share your concern. Going from playoff hero to 25 mpg could be tough on a guy trying to get paid. He’s said a couple of times that he’s a future “starter in this league”, so he’s obviously considered his goals. How long will he wait?

The other thing is that this is probably peak value for TR. If we resign Marcus, it may be time to move him.
If we re-sign Smart, I don't see how Rozier even gets 25 mpg on a consistent basis.  Danny really needs to decide between Smart and Rozier.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
How do some of you sleep at night making up all these issues in your heads?

Only a Celtics fan could find the negative of having all these good players on the roster.

Let's enjoy this run we're on because it ain't ending anytime soon!!
ok fine

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Rozier has played himself out of this team. He has been playing like a starting guard and I can see someone paying him Harrison Barnes money. Let’s enjoy this playoff run and wait for what the future holds. It would surprise me if DA trades Rozier because 1) his contract is so small and 2) we have no other “bad” contracts to pair him up with to get anyone of value back.
- LilRip

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Until last night Marcus has been mediocre to poor through his return from injury.  And then it was not just Marcus but also Rozier's 14 point 3rd that brought us back.  Reversed, Marcus starting and Rozier hurt, we would not be in the position we are in now.  Turnovers alone diminishes Marcus as a full time back-up point.  Meaning Rozier is the more consistent, valuable, coachable, athletic, pace setting, minimal turnover back-up point and guard off the bench.  Keep Rozier - Marcus -let's see what it will cost to keep him.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:58:27 PM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 09:13:43 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

it'll be interesting.

Why would New York want Rozier who they'll have to re-sign to a bigger contract after next season versus a cheap rookie PG like Sexton or Young?

There are rumores they are looking to clear cap space for summer 2019 to pursue a big free agent. If thats the case then Rozier could come in and be a starting quality PG right off making them in theory more attractive to free agents. Having some certainty might also be more attractive to KP rather than waiting on and maybe striking out on a rookie PG. They could keep him on as a cap hold that summer same with KP to preserve cap space while they go for a big fish. Lastly, Rozier might just arguably be better than either of those guys.

Of course u could be right, maybe they go young. But the Knicks dont seem like an organización thay takes the long view.  Rozier might be more exciting to them then collie Sexton