Author Topic: Montrezl Harrell  (Read 2299 times)

Montrezl Harrell
« on: July 10, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Harrell, a teammate of Terry Rozier in Louisville, was included in the Chris Paul trade.

He has two years experience and he is a good rebounder. He has really long arms. Is he experienced enough to help as a reserve PF?  We have salaries to match. Would the Clippers give him up for a second round pick plus Jackson or Mickey?  Probably not, but is he worth a lottery protected first?

He has one year left on his contract.

Re: Montrezl Harrell
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I like Harrell.  I wish we picked him instead of Hunter or Mickey, but I don't think he moves the needle on this roster, and as he's an expiring, there's no need to acquire him.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I like Harrell.  I wish we picked him instead of Hunter or Mickey, but I don't think he moves the needle on this roster, and as he's an expiring, there's no need to acquire him.

Saltlover,

is it possible to trade Mickey and Jackson together for a player making slightly more than what they make? Would we have to finalize Hayward and Baynes first?

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Saltlover,

is it possible to trade Mickey and Jackson together for a player making slightly more than what they make? Would we have to finalize Hayward and Baynes first?

Hayward cannot be finalized until Mickey is released or Jackson is traded.  The other could then be traded for Harrell.  Fitting his salary in isn't the problem.  I just don't see the value after the Baynes signing and the Morris trade.  Our bigs depth is fine, especially since many lineups will only see one big on the floor at a time given our versatile wings.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
Montrezl Harrell I would love to have.  I'd trade Jackson in a heart beat for him.  Honestly he'd be a great young fit for us.  Personally in the year him and Rozier were drafted, Harrell should have been drafted before Rozier if you watched the games.  I think it would be a great fit for the Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:24:52 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
i heard/read that the clips were trying to trade for A.B., i assumed Harrell was part of that prospective trade..maybe not but that's who I would have wanted

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Saltlover,

Hayward cannot be finalized until Mickey is released or Jackson is traded.  The other could then be traded for Harrell.  Fitting his salary in isn't the problem.  I just don't see the value after the Baynes signing and the Morris trade.  Our bigs depth is fine, especially since many lineups will only see one big on the floor at a time given our versatile wings.
I am not sure.  I think the Celtics still need another big, even after signing Baynes.  IMO, Morris is more like a SF, Zizic is not ready, and Baynes is going to be a 'situational center' depending on matchups and when they can afford to have him out there.

The alternative is to use that roster spot for a vet shooter off the bench, or perhaps to keep one of these borderline rookies we've been watching.  There's only 2 2-way contracts allowed.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Saltlover,

I think Jackson sticks. Need him as 3rd ball handler behind IT and Rozier. Would that mean cutting Nader?

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I've always wanted Harrell. I didn't watch him much at Louisville, but liked what I saw immediately and was a little upset when we didn't take him over RJ.

That said, I am not sure where he fits into our line-up. It is always good to have depth, but he deserves more playing time than he would get here and he is an expiring.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 10:26:14 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Saltlover,

I am not sure.  I think the Celtics still need another big, even after signing Baynes.  IMO, Morris is more like a SF, Zizic is not ready, and Baynes is going to be a 'situational center' depending on matchups and when they can afford to have him out there.

The alternative is to use that roster spot for a vet shooter off the bench, or perhaps to keep one of these borderline rookies we've been watching.  There's only 2 2-way contracts allowed.

From rumors Yabu will be here. So we'd have....

Bigs...

Horford/Zizic/Yabu/Baynes

SwingBigs...

Morris/Semi/CrowderTatum

Wings

Hayward/Brown/Crowder/Tatum/Semi/Smart

SwingWings

Hayward/Brown/Smart

Ones...

IT/Smart/Rozier

We're actually a little stronger in the traditional 3-5 then we are at the 1 and 2. We could use a guard who can handle the ball. IF either Brown or IT go down, we are very thin there and have to rely on Smart and Rozier. Hayward can play some two, but not ideal.