Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Magic (2-3) Game 6 5/14  (Read 94523 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Magic (2-3) Game 6 5/14
« Reply #570 on: May 15, 2009, 07:16:31 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Frustrating loss, Boston had this game in hands and let it slip away. The turnovers killed us (how many traveling calls on Perk?!) and we weren't able to close the deal with 2 minutes left and the game tied. Too bad.

Pierce and Rondo had a great game, Ray was OK but missed the dagger trey, Scal was good (what a block on Lewis!) but unfortunately Davis was in foul trouble during the whole game and he made poor decisions. Perkins was huge on the offensive and defensive end.

Very frustrating loss, now we're heading to another game 7, it looks like I'm used to it but I hope Boston will prevail.

« Reply #571 on: May 15, 2009, 09:22:06 AM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Pierce and Rondo had a great game, Ray was OK but missed the dagger trey, Scal was good (what a block on Lewis!) but unfortunately Davis was in foul trouble during the whole game and he made poor decisions. Perkins was huge on the offensive and defensive end.

Pierce played well, despite some of the posts on this thread that said otherwise.
The entire game plan was to double PP every time he got the ball past half court.
He was making the plays he needed to make, usually the pass that led to the pass that got the assist.  Unfortunately those things don't show up in the box score.
For that reason all most people will remember is his missed free throws after hitting the floor hard.  All these people saying he didn't show up, they really don't understand that there's more to basketball than scoring. When the entire defense is structured towards stopping you, you have to make them pay in other ways.
Pierce did that for the most part all night long.

Which brings us to Rondo. The guy played far from great. Rondo had 5 turnovers and only 6 assists.  Twice he cleared out going for a layup when he had no reason to do so.  He took 19 shots, 5 more than the next closest Celtic. Nothing good ever happens when Rondo is taking that many shots.  There's a reason teams leave him open. Move the ball Rondo!  That's your job. He blew a two on one fast break because he refused to pass the ball
to a streaking Pierce on the wing.

We needed Glens offense in this game.  Unfortunately he just couldn't stay on the floor because of fouls.  He also kept trying to back guys down instead of using his jumper, which was puzzling since the jumper has been so lethal in this series.

Perk has been huge for us this series.  He's played very well on both ends. Last night he had happy feet and that led to 5 turnovers.  He also picked up some silly fouls which cost him playing time.  Other than that I have no complaints about KP.
I thought Doc should have put him back in the game earlier.

Ray, what can anyone say.  He's been horrid.  Not just bad HORRID. And there is no one reason why that should be.  He's being guarded by guys he should be schooling.
Every time he has the ball in his hands in a fast break situation I cringe.  It's been that bad. He's not hitting shots.  He's not getting to the line.  He's been a turnover machine. He's not even making plays for other people.  He's been basically useless.

« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2009, 11:21:09 AM »

Offline UGotRondod

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
still not won a game broadcasted on ESPN or ABC in this playoffs....

Thank god Game 7 is on TNT!! 

« Reply #573 on: May 15, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »

Offline UGotRondod

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
i have no complaints about the refs tonight. i thought they did a great job.

The only complaint I have is that ref letting Rafer Alston kiss him on the head.... that was incredibly weird and awkward to watch.

« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
btw, regarding the FT disparity, doc says its because we didn't attack enough. but that may be him trying to be politically correct. rondo, not so much. he said we attacked the basket plenty, just didn't get calls, and that it is almost impossible to get a foul called on howard when you're driving inside.