Author Topic: HOU trades Melo to the Bulls - Woj (UPDATE: Will Reportedly be Waived)  (Read 3632 times)

Re: HOU trades Melo to the Bulls - Woj
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago
More Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Anthony won't play a game for the Bulls, league source tells ESPN. He will be released and become a free agent if he clears waivers.

Haha.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 06:07:22 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
for what?

Gift certificate to Ruth Chris Steakhouse and the rights to Ben Pepper.

Dr. Pepper?
this guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Pepper

you really have to know celtics trivia to recall this second round pick.

Actually, looking back at Celtics draft history, most names are reasonably familiar in the 2-round draft era.  It gets VERY obscure going back to when there were many rounds, more like the NFL.  Difference being that a 7th rounder in the NFL has a shot (I mean to make it). 

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
for what?

Gift certificate to Ruth Chris Steakhouse and the rights to Ben Pepper.

LOL>>>>

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 06:27:52 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Now that Melo will be free for anyone tp pick up after the Bulls buy him out, I can see him joining the Sixers. Their front office has been repeatedly hinting that they have been patiently waiting for the buyout market to strengthen their roster.

Any interest from the C's for Melo? I know he's one of the very few player that Mike Gorman hates with a passion, and I can't see Melo making any effort to play defense or pass the ball in Steven's system, but you never know.
I'd be very surprised if he goes to the Sixers.  Coach Brown's mantra is defense, pace and space.  Melo doesn't tick any of those boxes.  He'd be a detriment to their playoff hopes.

Dewayne Dedmon is another buyout candidate, and he would look great on the Sixers imo.
Dedmond definitely would.  They've got to get a better backup to Embiid.  Ariza would help them if he gets bought out. 

Re: HOU trades Melo to the Bulls - Woj (UPDATE: Will Reportedly be Waived)
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 07:24:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Praying he ends up on Sixers or Raptors or Bucks! Bet he is on phone with Lebron now as we speak though...hope that happens as well 😁

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Man I can't wait for the Sixers to sign him and then everyone's like "OMG the Sixers are just way more talented than us now!"  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
why didn't houston just waive him themselves? i don't understand why they have to trade him first?

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
why didn't houston just waive him themselves? i don't understand why they have to trade him first?

trade exception?

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 09:09:32 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Any interest from the C's for Melo? I know he's one of the very few player that Mike Gorman hates with a passion, and I can't see Melo making any effort to play defense or pass the ball in Steven's system, but you never know.

I know this is two years old but it appears Stevens was fine with the possibility of coaching Carmelo.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-brad-stevens-would-embrace-coaching-carmelo-anthony/

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 09:14:40 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I know this is two years old but it appears Stevens was fine with the possibility of coaching Carmelo.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-brad-stevens-would-embrace-coaching-carmelo-anthony/

It would be fine to take a flier on Carmelo for the minimum. However, we have the problem right now of too many mouths to feed. If Melo isn't shooting, he doesnt really bring anything else to the table so he is the last person we need right now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:25:15 PM by RockinRyA »

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 09:32:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Coaching Melo back in 2017 might have been seen as something Coach Stevens would try in 2017. But there is zero chance that Stevens wants to coach the 2019 version of Melo in 2019.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
please go to the Lakers  ;D

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
My guess is lakers but would not rule out Philly. They could use a bench piece

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Now that Melo will be free for anyone tp pick up after the Bulls buy him out, I can see him joining the Sixers. Their front office has been repeatedly hinting that they have been patiently waiting for the buyout market to strengthen their roster.

I think the C's have too many scoring options/ball hungry players, particularly at the wing position and they need to condense it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 12:06:26 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
please go to the Lakers  ;D
Per Woj, the Lakers are interested in Melo but they don't want to have to cut a guaranteed contract to free up a roster spot for him.  That tells you how low Melo's stock has fallen.