Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119327 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
If Boston makes the best offer and Kawhi still demands LA, his reputation will rightfully tank just like Durant’s.

I hope SA forces him to go east or play out his contract. Players who aren’t even free agents shouldn’t  be able to demand their way to a super team.

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 02:37:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
If Boston makes the best offer and Kawhi still demands LA, his reputation will rightfully tank just like Durant’s.

I hope SA forces him to go east or play out his contract. Players who aren’t even free agents shouldn’t  be able to demand their way to a super team.
why not? players should run their lives so as to please fans' concepts of how teams should be built?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 02:38:41 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Boston, like usual, has the best pieces to deal.

I would prefer not making the deal but if I had to I keep Tatum and deal Brown with the 2019 Kings pick

No, KL's value should go down after their first attempt in February trade deadline. And because of what KL is demanding of his team. Brown/Rozier/LAC pick, get it done if anything.

If they could get him for Rozier and the 2019 Kings pick keeping Brown...that would be ideal.

I wonder what else it would take?

Rozier is a starting caliber player and would pair nicely with Aldridge. The 2019 SAC pick can be valuable, but nothing guaranteed with the top pick protected and could drop down into the 20’s as the PHI pick.

Would something like Morris and more picks be enough? I’d give up both MEM and LAC and some BOS picks if we could keep Brown/Tatum.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 02:39:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I still think George will end up in Philly.

Lakers will need to trade Lonzo because that's a circus you don't need when you're contending.

I'd be interested to see if they can get Portland to consider trading Dame for Lonzo+Kuzma.

I am pretty surprised by this take. George says he wants to go to LA years ago, they actually get good and will have a max slot and he moves the furthest possible spot from his hometown?

That would be a head scratcher.

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

why not? players should run their lives so as to please fans' concepts of how teams should be built?

It annoys me as a Boston fan...but then I remember that this is partially how we got Kyrie, because he exploited his power to leave Cleveland...and then I also remember that any of this is made possible by the collective bargaining agreement; if the owners wanted to, they could go back to longer contracts, which would get rid of a lot of this, but they are the ones who wanted shorter contracts.

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2018, 02:43:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It was reported months ago that Kawhi was upset that lesser players get bigger shoe deals than he does.  So, he wants exposure.

Under those circumstances, LA and NYK make sense, even if I'd argue that winning is the best exposure. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2018, 02:43:40 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
I would easily flip Irving for Leonard.

Hayward
Leonard
Tatum
Brown
Horford

Wonderful positionless team

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2018, 02:47:09 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Boston, like usual, has the best pieces to deal.

I would prefer not making the deal but if I had to I keep Tatum and deal Brown with the 2019 Kings pick

No, KL's value should go down after their first attempt in February trade deadline. And because of what KL is demanding of his team. Brown/Rozier/LAC pick, get it done if anything.

Leonard wanting out means that SA will take less in a deal, but the price will be high based on how many teams want him. If the Lakers are willing to go all in (and it seems like they are), the only way we get him is by out bidding them. That will take more than Brown, Rozier, and a couple of seconds (which that pick will likely turn into)

Brown and the Kings Pick would probably just be the start
I'm bitter.

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2018, 02:49:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Philly just became a treadmill team.

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
can the celtics even afford leonard without giving up irving, heyward or horford?

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It was reported months ago that Kawhi was upset that lesser players get bigger shoe deals than he does.  So, he wants exposure.

Under those circumstances, LA and NYK make sense, even if I'd argue that winning is the best exposure.

Why is SA to blame for that?

Maybe it’s his personality. Just because you are great doesn’t mean you’re marketable.

There’s always Big Baller Brand...
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
can the celtics even afford leonard without giving up irving, heyward or horford?

No

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Philly just became a treadmill team.

Until Ben Simmons can hit shots outside of 5 feet...they will struggle to attract ball dominate players that need the ball.

Plus other than Embidd and Simmons, their roster is really the same type of guys...Dario, Covington...Embiid is not durable either and Fultz looks destined to be bust.

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2018, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Can you split the ball three ways?  They still won’t beat golden state.

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Adam Kaufman

Verified account

@AdamMKaufman
 49s50 seconds ago
More
According to @sam_amick, the #Celtics “are expected to make a strong push” for Kawhi Leonard.