Author Topic: My Wife tries to guess the names of the Celtic players  (Read 4193 times)

Re: My Wife tries to guess the names of the Celtic players
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I think my proudest husband moment is the time my wife picked Marcus Smart out in the lobby of her old hotel in Waltham and got me his autograph.  :laugh:

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 08:45:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
My wife could probably name the starting five of the 1986 championship team, but her knowledge after that time is sketchy.  I think she's heard of Paul Pierce.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 10:00:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
My wife watches the games with me and my son, it is a family activity and we are working on our grandson as well.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
TP LarBrd. Watching Celtics games is a hurdle I have yet to correctly jump over in relationships. I either get too quiet or too loud. I honestly prefer to watch games alone so I can think about the game and see the entire floor. It is not a great habit for date nights lol

I died at "the guy with the bad hair that makes winning plays" and "that's the guy with the awesome hair that never moves... he also has a lot of daughters" ;D

Also, I caught the "That's Jaylen Brown, he's a future star (potentially)." I will whip (a clipped version of) this quote out every time you call him a future solid bench player.
lol I still think Jaylen can end up a star.  People are super down on him these days.  Seems most people I talk to have started seeing him as a future fringe star - which is what I saw his realistic ceiling as.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Side note:  There’s some person out there who uses multiple Reddit accounts to downvote my post every time I share an episode, but furthermore none of my videos had a single “thumbs down” on YouTube until a specific 3 minute window a couple days ago when magically they all got exactly 7 “thumbs down”.  I can literally see it in YouTube analytics that all 7 downvotes came from the same location geographically. Lol.  So not only is this guy using alt Reddit accounts but he’s also using alt google accounts.  Once again, this video got exactly 7 thumbs downs in a random 3 minute period all from the same geographic location.   

Doesn’t really matter one way or that other ... but whoever you are out there who so desperately wants to see my project fail - send me a PM.  Maybe I can have you on the podcast and we can get to the bottom of how I hurt you. Clearly you aren’t reacting to the actual quality of the content.  I’m totally open to negative feedback but this just seems to be some ax grinding.  If the goal was to discourage me from making these, you’re probably out of luck.  I’m having fun with it and the handful of people who have subscribed to my channel will be able to see new posts regardless of whether they have fake “thumbs down” on YouTube or you prevent it from being seen on Reddit with fake downvotes.  In episode 4 I covered my biggest internet beefs of the past 20 years... are you one of them?  PM me. Let’s talk about it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:03:24 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 12:48:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Hah!   I’ll be married 30 years in July and have never watched a sporting event with my wife (wait... does Olympic skating count?).  Neither she nor our daughters (in their mid/late 20s) could name a single current Celtics player.  I think they could identify Larry Bird and Tom Brady and maybe David Ortiz.  I think that covers their sports awareness.  And yet... I love them.

They know I like my Celtics and Pats.  Family always took precedence on sundays or when C’s games conflicted with family time  when the kids were young. Now... wife respects my fandom but I don’t overdo it... I almost always keep my inner exuberance tempered.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 01:28:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Side note:  There’s some person out there who uses multiple Reddit accounts to downvote my post every time I share an episode, but furthermore none of my videos had a single “thumbs down” on YouTube until a specific 3 minute window a couple days ago when magically they all got exactly 7 “thumbs down”.  I can literally see it in YouTube analytics that all 7 downvotes came from the same location geographically. Lol.  So not only is this guy using alt Reddit accounts but he’s also using alt google accounts.  Once again, this video got exactly 7 thumbs downs in a random 3 minute period all from the same geographic location. 

Just ignore, them Haters going to hate.

Hah!   I’ll be married 30 years in July and have never watched a sporting event with my wife

My wife and I have 28 years in, two children and we watch sports together.  She watches my Celtics, and has become a fan and I watch her Browns, we live in Ohio.   Watching the Browns can be painful but last year was a pleasant surprise.   I am not a Browns fan though, though I root for her team as long as they are not playing mine.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2019, 03:59:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

yeah I’m not worried about it but the dude doing it obviously bookmarks my posts - so hopefully he unearths himself and accepts my podcast invite. Lol.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2019, 04:33:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
My wife knows the players she thinks are good looking. She knows Kyrie (very handsome), Tatum (cute but he's a baby), Baynes (he just has that stupid hair), Smart (if his skin wasn't so bad...), and Morris (you know, he's actually really good looking) for sure. She also knows Terry who she thinks is weird looking.

Also, I just bought her a Jae Crowder Boston jersey because she still asks for one.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2019, 05:24:51 PM »

Kiorrik

My wife knows every single Celtics player, and a good deal of the rest of the league too!!!

... I really hope I meet her soon. I'm a bit lonely these days.
lol tp.  I was super jealous for a second.

For the record, I, too, need to give props to my ex. We were together for 6 years and whilst she didn't know the PJ Browns and Gabe Pruitts, she did know Pierce, KG, Allen, Perk, Rondo, Baby, Nate, Rivers, Ainge, Powe, etc.

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »

Kiorrik

yeah I’m not worried about it but the dude doing it obviously bookmarks my posts - so hopefully he unearths himself and accepts my podcast invite. Lol.

Yup - 7 downvotes won't keep your content from making it big :]

Keep putting in the work!

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Lol, he's created some more accounts and given all my episodes more thumbs down since I called him out. 

Come on you coward... I know you're out there.  PM me.  Come on the podcast and let's talk about how I hurt you. 

Probably one of the guys I talked about in Episode 4.   ;D

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Lol, he's created some more accounts and given all my episodes more thumbs down since I called him out. 

Come on you coward... I know you're out there.  PM me.  Come on the podcast and let's talk about how I hurt you. 

Probably one of the guys I talked about in Episode 4.   ;D

So I’m mostly a CS lurker who very rarely posts and just for the record, I’m not the person who has gotten your panties in a bunch. However, you have taken what was supposed to be a fun topic about how sports impact our interactions with our significant others and you have made it all about you.  The reality is you are an insufferable ****. You are not the victim of some meany-pants on the internet.

With all due respect, please get over yourself and let us enjoy what was intended to be a lighthearted message board topic.
i understand your perspective.  Like I said, I’m fine with it I just want the person to PM me - so given they are watching the thread I figured I’d extend an invite. :)  Half the intention of my “strangers” podcast is trying to make peace with people like that who hide behind internet anonymity to spread hate.  For instance, you wouldn’t have the gall to insult me like that in a normal conversation. Forums seem to bring out the worst in people. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 06:31:26 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 06:26:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
My wife knows the players she thinks are good looking. She knows Kyrie (very handsome), Tatum (cute but he's a baby), Baynes (he just has that stupid hair), Smart (if his skin wasn't so bad...), and Morris (you know, he's actually really good looking) for sure. She also knows Terry who she thinks is weird looking.

Also, I just bought her a Jae Crowder Boston jersey because she still asks for one.
Lol was the crowder jersey on discount? 

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 10:24:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I really like her descriptions of the players. Like, she knows who they are, but not their names  :)