Author Topic: The reason to hate LA sports teams.  (Read 1377 times)

The reason to hate LA sports teams.
« on: January 09, 2016, 07:37:42 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I have always had an internal hatred for the Lakers since I was small as I was never a fan of Kobe when he was young and any bandwagon fan seemed to gravitate towards them without knowing a thing about basketball, but the older I've gotten I see why you should hate LA teams.

Every major sporting team other than LA Kings has been stolen from their original fanbase, without proper restructuring or rebranding to reflect the people of Los Angeles. Even to this day other selfish owners continue to use LA as leverage to get the cash strapped governments and tax payers to upgrade facilities (I'm looking at you Stan Kroenke).

LA Lakers, most fans don't even understand what the term Laker means. The Lakers have entrenched themselves because of their modern championship runs but if this wasn't the case I'm sure the name would have been changed.

The Los Angeles Angels or The The Angels Angels  ??? ??? I can't even fathom being a LA latino and seeing that name.

LA Dodgers, another a historic franchise stolen from Brooklyn where the term Dodgers or in full 'Trolly Dodgers' has no cultural connection with the city.

Oakland Raiders (formally LA Raiders) team was abandoned by their 'fans'  when they began to lose

LA Rams? Cleveland-LA-St Louis- LA? - Mexico? London?...who knows