Author Topic: Considering relocating to greater Boston area. Advice on safe/small towns?  (Read 24412 times)

Re: Considering relocating to greater Boston area. Advice on safe/small towns?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Wilmington, Woburn, Burlington, Lexington, Bedford

All close access to every major highway and are nice.

Agreed but those are some expensive towns haha.  I was thinking maybe Billerica being a happy medium with safety, location and affordability.

I can vouch for Billerica as that is the town I grew up in.

Billerica doesn't have great highway access to Boston, though. The fasted way to route 93 is either through Wilmington or through multiple junctions Rt3, 95 and then 93.

True, but say if you work in Boston, or want to spend a day there on a weekend there is a commuter rail stop in North Billerica, or if you live near the Wilmington border it could be a quick drive to the Wilmington commuter rail stop.  If you live near 3A towards Burlington you are not too far from 95, and then 93.  If you live near route 3 yeah that can be a bit of pain if you want to go into Boston (not that bad though if not dealing with traffic.)

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm personally very fond of Sudbury, Wellesley, Newton, (parts), Chestnut Hill, Plymouth, and Danvers. I've lived in Brighton, Braintree, Boston (Riverway), Cambridge, Salem, and Peabody, and while I personally never had many problems outside of riding the "T" late at night, (robbed and attacked more than once), and Cambridge, (car stolen), they aren't quite as safe or nice as the list I started with.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 08:01:22 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
newton, lynn, natick
really depends on your spare change  ;)

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So me and my fiancé are looking into moving down to the Boston area in maybe a year from Maine. Not looking to move into the city but probably within an hour or so.

Still in the very early stages of scouting and researching towns to live in. Both in our mid-20's but not real "party animals" so a fantastic night life is not a big priority. We do not have kids and have no intentions of having kids as of now so schools are not a large priority. Things that are a big priority would be safety and affordability. We both come from small towns of around 20k people or so and enjoy that feel. Also, I suppose jobs would be nice LOL.

Any advice from people in the area would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I just moved to Rehoboth from RI in the past year (Saturday is the anniversary of buying the new house) and love it.  very rural yet within 10 -15 of major shopping areas in Attleboro and Seekonk.  highly recommend it.

Other nearby towns like Seekonk, Dighton, Swansea, Somerset, Norton, Attleboro and North Attleboro have a lot of suburb feel to them. 

I work in Boston and only need 10-13 minute to the train station and I'm in Boston in 45 minutes.  beats driving into Boston any day.

just my 2 cents