Author Topic: Yabusele and Zion  (Read 1569 times)

Yabusele and Zion
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
It's unfortunate that Yabusele went down with a severe ankle sprain.I have suffered two that i'll never forget.
The area of concern is Yabusele and his weight He will be inactive and more than likely depressed so eating will now have a different reaction The movement and being light on his feet is going to suffer it will take a couple months to get back .That is a lot of mass on that ankle .
Having been skinny, i can't imagine the effect on Yabu and Zion.
As these two get older and fill out are we going too see the Sully Effect? Should the Celts given the opportunity draft players with this body type at a young age be wary?
.So i'm going to use Yabu as a test as to weight gain while injured and recovery time.

Re: Yabusele and Zion
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I suspect that will be all up to Yabu and his willpower, rather than his body type. If he doesn't have discipline and pig out then he will get fat no matter what his body type is. Hopefully they will be overseeing his recovery and not just letting him sit on the couch eating potato chips all day.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:26:43 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Sully would get up to over 300 pounds and was in poor shape.  Yab and Zion are both pretty fit.  You make a good point about body weight and injuries though.  I remember Red commenting on that concern when Shaq was going pro, but he held up well.  Lebron played around their weight for a while just fine, but I'm not sure he's human.  Moses Malone and Barkley are two other heavy players that held up well.

I think you have to consult with doctors that have given them physicals and rely on their advice.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cookies taste good.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:37:59 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Does anyone know Yabusele caught the lip of somebody's sneaker when he landed? I couldn't tell by the camera angle I saw. 

Yab seems a bit off-balanced when he jumps up. Doesn't seem to matter what he's doing, e.g., shooting, rebounding or trying to block shots. Since I haven't carefully analyzed every time he jumps I can't say for certain if this is true. If it is, then maybe he needs to shorten his step and focus on getting vertical, rather than skewing off to the side or forward. Not saying this caused his latest injury, but may help prevent injuries in the future.

His weight doesn't help his balance either. He's top heavy....likely hurting his lift. I wonder if it would be possible for him to get down to 245 lbs? Yes, I know he has trouble keeping his weight around 275 or whatever it is. So, this is more conjecture than reality.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Does anyone know Yabusele caught the lip of somebody's sneaker when he landed? I couldn't tell by the camera angle I saw. 

Yab seems a bit off-balanced when he jumps up. Doesn't seem to matter what he's doing, e.g., shooting, rebounding or trying to block shots. Since I haven't carefully analyzed every time he jumps I can't say for certain if this is true. If it is, then maybe he needs to shorten his step and focus on getting vertical, rather than skewing off to the side or forward. Not saying this caused his latest injury, but may help prevent injuries in the future.

His weight doesn't help his balance either. He's top heavy....likely hurting his lift. I wonder if it would be possible for him to get down to 245 lbs? Yes, I know he has trouble keeping his weight around 275 or whatever it is. So, this is more conjecture than reality.

Landed on a foot.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Great points by the OP.  Yabs and - to a greater extent - Hayward are likely going to suffer through nagging ankle injuries for the rest of their careers. 

It's unclear at this point if either has the determination to stay in shape while injured, but Yabs is at a greater risk to completely break down ala Jared Sullinger IMO. 

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 01:35:59 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Great points by the OP.  Yabs and - to a greater extent - Hayward are likely going to suffer through nagging ankle injuries for the rest of their careers. 

It's unclear at this point if either has the determination to stay in shape while injured, but Yabs is at a greater risk to completely break down ala Jared Sullinger IMO.

Man, you and Hayward are like tarheels and Kyrie
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1668
It's unfortunate that Yabusele went down with a severe ankle sprain.I have suffered two that i'll never forget.
The area of concern is Yabusele and his weight He will be inactive and more than likely depressed so eating will now have a different reaction The movement and being light on his feet is going to suffer it will take a couple months to get back .That is a lot of mass on that ankle .
Having been skinny, i can't imagine the effect on Yabu and Zion.
As these two get older and fill out are we going too see the Sully Effect? Should the Celts given the opportunity draft players with this body type at a young age be wary?
.So i'm going to use Yabu as a test as to weight gain while injured and recovery time.

Fret not! The Celtics have hired ex-NBA player Oliver Miller to be Yabu's dietitian during his injury recovery. Under Oliver Miller's careful 24/7 watch of Yabu's food consumption, he will make sure to keep Yabu's portions small by eating most of the food Yabu puts on his own plate. Problem solved.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

1. My understanding of Hayward's injury is that there were no torn tendons, which probably means you are wrong about nagging injuries.

2. Many players, including Dirk and Steph, have had bad ankles but still had long, productive careers. With advances to medicine today, I'm not sure I've heard of one career recently cut short due to rolled ankles.

3. Sully's problems were always athleticism and back-related. Yabu  has good athleticism and has had no back problems. Similar position does not equal similar player.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 05:47:19 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586