Author Topic: Anybody else havingConnection/speed issues with Csblog?  (Read 46671 times)

Re: Anybody else havingConnection/speed issues with Csblog?
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Where is everybody hanging out these days I'm tired of this community forum being like "Never in Service Pervous Ellison"
ok fine

« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2018, 07:20:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Where is everybody hanging out these days I'm tired of this community forum being like "Never in Service Pervous Ellison"
Speed has been fine for the past 2 days or so.  When things slow down we all go get a life.

« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2018, 07:46:24 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Didn't have a problem for a while and then the last few days were back to being nearly impossible like it was a couple months ago. It seems ok today but I wanted to complain about this yesterday and was unable to because of the connection errors.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2018, 08:13:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The last couple of days reminded me of the days us trying to sign KD.
Foreverload!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2018, 08:15:39 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Yeah, a terrible connection and slow. Heck, what are paying all this money to cb for each month if they can’t provide..... oh..wait a minute.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2018, 08:26:42 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
at first i thought it was me setting my DNS to 1.1.1.1, then i removed it and it was still slow

« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2018, 10:09:23 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I'm guessing here...there aren't any ads on the forum...thank God, thus, they only have one dedicated repairman who is semi retired, lives in a trailer outside of Tulsa and had to be with his mother the last week (during the Raptor's game)?

We are not a revenue generatin' opportunity.

« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If it is a money issue, I am recommending they put a few tasteful ads on this forum to make it more of an opportunity. We cannot expect to have a fast site and them pay for it without generating any money back.

I think we would all accept ads if the site worked fast again.

« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If it is a money issue, I am recommending they put a few tasteful ads on this forum to make it more of an opportunity. We cannot expect to have a fast site and them pay for it without generating any money back.

I think we would all accept ads if the site worked fast again.

I'm a little surprised there aren't already ads on the top of the page where it actually says "SB*NATION". I get that the forums are 'different, but it's not like it is a totally separate site or anything. Also, I still go to the main CB page before coming to the forums anyway so it's not like I don't absorb some of those advertisements anyway.

If people like me who also go to the main page decide to go to RealGM or Reddit, then the site will lose that additional traffic. Pretending there are no forums isn't helpful to them or us.

« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2018, 12:09:12 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Lots of connection issues the past few days, either error or just not loading
My internet is fine for other sites except this one

« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2018, 06:09:51 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
It's really not too bad except for game threads or at draft time or during the free agency periods or during other times from January through December from midnight until 11:59:59 pm.

This is the slowest site I'm on. By a shot.

Put some ads up or ask for a fiver a year. Whatever.

« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
The situation is getting worse and worse. Is it just me, or do you guys face similar problems?

« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The situation is getting worse and worse. Is it just me, or do you guys face similar problems?

It’s often still a headache. See:

Would it ever be possible to separate the forum from the SB Nation site?  I.e. Export all the forum data and port it over to a freestanding forum site?  That might require a bit of capital to do.  I for one wouldn't mind a one time shared fee for all of us to allow the forum to be disconnected from SB nation.  Say if we all had to pay a one time fee of $40 to pay for the migration of the forum is that just a non-starter?

This is one of my fav sites on the net, but if we all have continual issues with access then don't we need to look at other options?

Sadly, there may be a “save the forums” drive coming soon.

There will be more details to come, but long-term we have three options:

1. Take the forums independent;

2. Latch on to another blog;

3. Close down.

I really would hate to see #3. It’s like hearing that your favorite pub is being torn down and replaced by Applebee’s.

« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

It’s often still a headache. See:

Would it ever be possible to separate the forum from the SB Nation site?  I.e. Export all the forum data and port it over to a freestanding forum site?  That might require a bit of capital to do.  I for one wouldn't mind a one time shared fee for all of us to allow the forum to be disconnected from SB nation.  Say if we all had to pay a one time fee of $40 to pay for the migration of the forum is that just a non-starter?

This is one of my fav sites on the net, but if we all have continual issues with access then don't we need to look at other options?

Sadly, there may be a “save the forums” drive coming soon.

There will be more details to come, but long-term we have three options:

1. Take the forums independent;

2. Latch on to another blog;

3. Close down.

I really would hate to see #3. It’s like hearing that your favorite pub is being torn down and replaced by Applebee’s.
:( :(

Didn't know about that. Hope everything works out.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:44:55 PM by Jvalin »