Author Topic: Markelle Fultz anyone?  (Read 3396 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

but i was totally wrong about Embiid ever getting healthy .....so just never know

I doubted him, too. But...

“Big man with a foot issue” is an old story, and mostly doesn’t have a happy ending. In fact, Embiid likely will have to deal with it again in his 30’s, if not earlier.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:53:51 PM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 02:54:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
They really need to trade him to the Suns. The players on that team seem to love tj. I can’t picture fultz coming back this year and then changing their rotation in the middle of a playoff run. So then they have like 8 games next year to decide if they want to pick up his massive option? After watching what happened with okafor’s tradd Value there I have to imagine they don’t want this dragging on forever

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 03:52:19 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1668
I'd rather have Adam Morrison

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
nooooo
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
They really need to trade him to the Suns. The players on that team seem to love tj. I can’t picture fultz coming back this year and then changing their rotation in the middle of a playoff run. So then they have like 8 games next year to decide if they want to pick up his massive option? After watching what happened with okafor’s tradd Value there I have to imagine they don’t want this dragging on forever
"8 games next year"?  Not sure what that means.  Are you assuming that Fultz misses the rest of this season?  Even if that were to occur, they'd have to decide on Fultz option before the start of next season so they'd have summer league and a few pre-season games. 

I don't see the point of trading Fultz now since his value is so low.  The Sixers can wait until the offseason to decide on him.  Now if they could have included him in the Butler trade instead of Covington that would have been a good move but Minny wouldn't have done that.  Its funny how you are pushing trading Fultz so quickly when you spent years bashing the MCW trade where Hinkie actually traded an overrated player while his value was still high for a good 1st rounder. 

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The Philadelphia apologists on here have got their work cut out for them with this guy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/latest-markelle-fultz-involves-security-cameras-nondisclosure-agreements-215816877.html

I await the positive, pro-76ers spin.
Hard to tell your Mom to back off and take a chill pill.  The Drew Hanlin/Fultz split was also reportedly because of her.
Whats so hard about it?  I remember being in my teens and not really wanting to be seen with my mother because I thought it wasn’t cool to be hanging out with my mom.  I had no problem getting the appropriate separation from my parents when it was time.  Maybe Fultz is being a wimp in this situation.  Most people can’t wait to move out of their parents house and become their own people.  Maybe this is an example of Fultz being soft.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
"8 games next year"?  Not sure what that means.  Are you assuming that Fultz misses the rest of this season?  Even if that were to occur, they'd have to decide on Fultz option before the start of next season so they'd have summer league and a few pre-season games. 

I don't see the point of trading Fultz now since his value is so low.  The Sixers can wait until the offseason to decide on him.  Now if they could have included him in the Butler trade instead of Covington that would have been a good move but Minny wouldn't have done that.  Its funny how you are pushing trading Fultz so quickly when you spent years bashing the MCW trade where Hinkie actually traded an overrated player while his value was still high for a good 1st rounder.

Seems like you are just making stuff up here man. I don’t think I “bashed” the mcw trade. I just said it was over hyped. I believe I once made a post called most talked about inconsequential talked about trade. It was because People acted like it was the second coming of Jesus when they traded a fringe nba player for what became the 10th pick in the draft 4 years later. It was definitely a win for the 76ers overall but certainly not like the kg trade or even Tatum for fultz. Perhaps you are confusing me with a different poster...

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 05:29:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
https://deadspin.com/this-lengthy-markelle-fultz-update-is-a-real-bummer-1831107370

Wow.  From that story.

Ebony has apparently been a strong force in Fultz’s basketball life since he started playing. Buckner recounts a story of Ebony confronting Fultz’s coach for dressing down her son because he wouldn’t get out of bed:

The summer before Fultz’s senior year at DeMatha, Ebony did not take kindly to former AAU coach Corey McCrae chastising her son after McCrae had to drag Fultz out of bed ahead of a tournament game in Atlanta. According to a person familiar with the incident, Ebony cursed out McCrae, which several people believe caused the coach to return to Washington and quit the program. McCrae declined to comment for this story.
She has continued to stay, uh, very involved:

Fultz is now a professional on a four-year contract worth $33 million, but close associates said Ebony still goes to great lengths to shield him. During Fultz’s first season in Philadelphia, Ebony had cameras installed inside his New Jersey home, according to several people familiar with the setup who described the indoor surveillance as unusual. The cameras have since been removed. Multiple people said Ebony has asked some who have dealt with Fultz to sign nondisclosure agreements for reasons that are unclear to them.

This just keeps getting weirder.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 06:12:21 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
The Philadelphia apologists on here have got their work cut out for them with this guy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/latest-markelle-fultz-involves-security-cameras-nondisclosure-agreements-215816877.html

Hard to tell your Mom to back off and take a chill pill.  The Drew Hanlin/Fultz split was also reportedly because of her.
Whats so hard about it?  I remember being in my teens and not really wanting to be seen with my mother because I thought it wasn’t cool to be hanging out with my mom.  I had no problem getting the appropriate separation from my parents when it was time.  Maybe Fultz is being a wimp in this situation.  Most people can’t wait to move out of their parents house and become their own people.  Maybe this is an example of Fultz being soft.

Agree and the security cameras bring it to a whole nother level of crazy.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 06:24:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Somebody wrote that the security cameras were just there to make sure embiid was not living rent free

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 06:38:49 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Somebody wrote that the security cameras were just there to make sure embiid was not living rent free

Sure and Fultz does not have the yips.

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
We are the last team Philly would ever trade him too. It would be a PR nightmare for them

Greg

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Wrong thread

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 09:06:13 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Hardly the same.  We're you on the verge of being a career failure due to a physical and/or mental health issue?    Were the media reporting about your issues on a daily basis?   Were people around the world bashing you on a constant basis? 

And now that I think about it I seem to recall Tatum's and/or Brown's moms living with them?  I think Robert Williams may have a sister living with him too.