Author Topic: Kevin Martin  (Read 3013 times)

Kevin Martin
« on: January 22, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »

Offline amill34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
What are the Kings trying to get out of Kevin Martin? Is this more or less a salary dump?

Why would the Celtics not go after him for Ray Allen? Obviously you have to throw in something else, but at least this should be considered, no?

Celtics need to get younger, what better way?

Re: Kevin Martin
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
How about because the Celtics aren't stupid enough to trade a starter based on a bad game.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The salaries don't match for a straight up swap, more pieces would need to be included. If Sac would buy out Ray so we could re-sign him that would be great, but I think that is a pipe dream.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
a little late to the table here. he's been talked about in many threads already.

you're going to have to take some more salary from sac to get them to even think about it. on top of that, an asset or two as well (baby, pick, etc)...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I have been mentioning Kevin Martin as a logical trade possibility for a while (Kings lose with him/lose without him... teams in that position sometimes pull a Gasol-to-Lakers and dump salary)
...  But I haven't seen anything really concrete saying the Kings were planning on doing this.

Because they have around 4 horrible contracts on that team, it makes sense that they would try to use Martin to dump those horrible contracts.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »

Offline nesnfsn

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
How about because the Celtics aren't stupid enough to trade a starter based on a bad game.
Ray Allen has been trailing his opponents on defense this entire season. He is a true HOF, but the past is the past, and the present appears to have passed him by (as do his opponents when he is attempting to play D).

I will be the most happy C's fan to see him prove me wrong and to make a staggering comeback, but so far this season, he has not provided any consistent defense, and his shooting has been off way more than he has been hot (a game here and there).

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1771
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, this has been talked about many times before. I believe any trade with Martin usually included Nocioni- which would be fantastic for many people here, since they want to trade for just Nocioni anyway. Honestly, it may take one or two 'assets', but the Kings would be smart to clear as much cap space as possible, since they really aren't going anywhere soon- maybe Big Baby or a first with Ray is all it would take...

Count me in for this. I love Ray, but I love a competitive future more. If Martin can stay healthy, it's really a no-brainer.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 05:48:36 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Ray Allen is done.  He is 90th in the league in Efficiency and this really does NOT factor in how bad a defender he really is!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ray_allen/index.html

The link is his current ER which is about 14.5.

I would trade Ray and a first rounder or two first rounders (yes, I know that we can't trade back to back first rounders) for Noc and Kevin Martin.

That is a no brainer or certainly should be, right??

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
We would be getting a bargain if we traded Ray for Martin Straight up, but we would have to get more back to make it work!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Even though Sacramento continues to insist they do not want to deal Kevin Martin, the Mavericks show a serious interest in the shooting guard.

The Mavericks, according to NBA front-office sources, tell the Kings they want to hear from them if they chance their position.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas is now willing to include Josh Howard in a deal.

So it doesn't sound like the Kings are ready to deal Martin yet.  If they did, I can't imagine they would want Josh Howard (even if he is expiring).   Martin for Howard straight up would allow them to free themselves of martin's salary, but I can't imagine them making a trade unless they were using Martin to free themselves of a Nocionni, Udrih or a Garcia contract at the same time.

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
Even though Sacramento continues to insist they do not want to deal Kevin Martin, the Mavericks show a serious interest in the shooting guard.

The Mavericks, according to NBA front-office sources, tell the Kings they want to hear from them if they chance their position.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas is now willing to include Josh Howard in a deal.

So it doesn't sound like the Kings are ready to deal Martin yet.  If they did, I can't imagine they would want Josh Howard (even if he is expiring).   Martin for Howard straight up would allow them to free themselves of martin's salary, but I can't imagine them making a trade unless they were using Martin to free themselves of a Nocionni, Udrih or a Garcia contract at the same time.

sounds more like the mavs are desperate to trade for him

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ray Allen is done.  He is 90th in the league in Efficiency and this really does NOT factor in how bad a defender he really is!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ray_allen/index.html

The link is his current ER which is about 14.5.

I would trade Ray and a first rounder or two first rounders (yes, I know that we can't trade back to back first rounders) for Noc and Kevin Martin.

That is a no brainer or certainly should be, right??

Smitty77
Efficiency ranking correlates very heavily on how many shots you take, any shots.

As long as your shooting percentage remains above 33% for 2 point shots, and 25% for 3 point shots additional shots will raise your efficiency.

Ray Allen is still a very good player.