Author Topic: DEN-DET Trade Proposal  (Read 4146 times)

DEN-DET Trade Proposal
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I through this trade out in crownsy's "Have we broken up the Pistons?" thread and wondered how the basketball fans here, Lakers fans included think of it:

Denver receives:

Rasheed Wallace
Rip Hamilton

Detroit receives:

Carmelo Anthony
Carcus Camby

I think both teams are looking to move both sets of players and would welcome in the new additions very well. Detroit might have to give up a first round pick too. I wasn't sure if I should of included it above because even that part is debatable.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:48:15 AM by nickagneta »

Re: DEN-DET Trade Proposal
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would not split Camby and AI.

Camby is the type of C you need behind AI.  AI takes a lot of chances on defense playing the passing lane.  His man gets a lot of open lanes to the basket.  A weakside shot blocker is a must.  (see his run to the Finals.  Ratliff then Mutumbo)

Plus, AI and Hamilton are both SGs. 

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
It's kind of funny that Detroit could already have Carmelo.  Too bad they thought Prince was too good.  If they had picked Carmelo and had Prince as their 6th Man I believe they would've won at least one more title during their run. 

I also don't understand why any team would want Rasheed.  I guess it wouldn't matter in Denver because their whole roster seems to disappear come playoff time, Rasheed would actually fit in quite nicely.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Denver shouldn't trade Carmelo Anthony without getting a (potential) franchise player in return.

Very quick way to ruin a franchise. Denver still has a bright future after their veterans leave (Kenyon/Camby/Iverson), and it's because of Carmelo. Carmelo gives them a player to build around.