Poll

Brown for Bamba straight up. Who says no?

Boston
34 (60.7%)
Orlando
4 (7.1%)
both teams say no
11 (19.6%)
seems like a fair trade
7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Trade idea: Brown for Bamba  (Read 11106 times)

Re: Trade idea: Brown for Bamba
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
None of these moves, move us closer to contention, so we should not make them.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Forget Brown for Bamba, C's should be trading Rozier and Yab for Jonathan Isaac if it's a deal with the Magic. There a small chance Magic might still go for that.
I think they value Isaac a lot more than that.  His numbers don't look great but they are in love with his defense from what I read.  But I agree, I'd rather have Isaac than Bamba even though both are redundant with the Timelord.  Vucevic is the one that really would fit in with the Celtics, plus he's in his prime and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
Vucevic $ wouldn't work. I'd kick in a pair of 2nd rounders or protected first with Rozier and Yab to get Isaac. Isaac is a legit PF prospect to play behind Tatum. Timelord is a center prospect behind Horford/Baynes. It all fits. The team is also probably losing Theis and Morris so getting Isaac is a long term need.

Move Smart back to the bench to be run the 2nd unit. Brown back to the starters. Smart has great chemistry with Hayward and Theis anyways.

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2019, 07:01:34 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Forget Brown for Bamba, C's should be trading Rozier and Yab for Jonathan Isaac if it's a deal with the Magic. There a small chance Magic might still go for that.
I think they value Isaac a lot more than that.  His numbers don't look great but they are in love with his defense from what I read.  But I agree, I'd rather have Isaac than Bamba even though both are redundant with the Timelord.  Vucevic is the one that really would fit in with the Celtics, plus he's in his prime and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
Vucevic $ wouldn't work. I'd kick in a pair of 2nd rounders or protected first with Rozier and Yab to get Isaac. Isaac is a legit PF prospect to play behind Tatum. Timelord is a center prospect behind Horford/Baynes. It all fits. The team is also probably losing Theis and Morris so getting Isaac is a long term need.

Move Smart back to the bench to be run the 2nd unit. Brown back to the starters. Smart has great chemistry with Hayward and Theis anyways.

I'm all for trading for Isaac. I just don't think Orlando has much reason to do so, although they're highly unpredictable. You never know what their course is. Orlando should do something, either build around Vucevic and trade some prospects (I like Vucevic, but I wouldn't go that way) or trade Vucevic and other veterans (like Ross) for younger players or draft picks.

A trade for Vucevic isn't impossible though:

Rozier, Yabusele, Bird + Baynes or Morris for Vucevic and Grant works in the trade machine.

To be on topic: could Williams be just as talented as Bamba?

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 07:01:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Boston tried to trade up in the draft and offered Brown as part of their package.
Orlando chose to stay put and draft Bomba so why would they trade him now?
There was speculation that the Celtics loved Bamba and that it would take giving up Brown to get the pick to select Bamba.

But that's all it was. There was no concrete rumor that Ainge was offering up Brown to land Bamba. It was just speculation on what it would take. Since Williams is basically the same type of player as Bamba, I see no chance in Ainge giving up Brown for Bamba.

Bamba?
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2019, 09:06:06 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71

I know everybody is tired of trade proposals that include our young talents, but I think this one has the potential to balance out the roster beautifully.

Would you consider trading Jaylen Brown for Mo Bamba? I know that Brown is an established talent and I believe in his potential, but I think Smart can start at the two and I'm a big believer in Romeo Langford aswell.

There were several rumors that the celtics really liked mo Bamba at the time of the 2018 Draft, I dont think that has changed.

Bamba is stuck behind Vucevic  and they could use a player like brown for their playoff push.

I think we have the coaching to bring the best out of him. Kevin Garnett seems to like him aswell, and stated that he wants to help him develop.

Video of Garnett and Bamba.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTU_ZLfZx0o

Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Re: Bamba?
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2019, 09:09:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Jury still out on Bamba..injuries hurting him so far
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
Jury still out on Bamba..injuries hurting him so far

I know it would be a gamble, but if he lives up to his potential he would be a great fit with our young core.

Memphis Grizzlies
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2019, 09:15:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm sure the Celtics are interested, but I'm not sure how we match up to acquire him currently.

I'm not a huge believer myself, but I barely have seen him play.

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
We could get him much cheaper than that.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2019, 09:21:09 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
"Trade for Bamba
Sign Tacko Fall
Build Stan Van Gundy's freakin' wall..."

But no, I wouldn't trade Jaylen for Bamba straight up. Just haven't seen enough from Bamba yet to pay that price.

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2019, 09:25:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Would you consider trading Jaylen Brown for Mo Bamba?

I'd keep Jaylen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2019, 09:29:46 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
We could get him much cheaper than that.

I admit Brown straight up would be to expensive. But I doubt the Magic will sell low on him right now.
I'm just higher on Bamba than most I think.

But I agree that would be an overpay right now, but it also could turn out to be a steal if Bamba develops.
Who knows...
Memphis Grizzlies

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'd love Bamba but it depends on the price. Orlando is trying to win now, so I would look into trading them Hayward if they wanted to move him in a win now deal. That trade would probably have to involve a third team, because the Celtics aren't taking Fournier but probably aren't also getting Aaron Gordon in addition to Bamba.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:38 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think we should try to field a team of 15 bigs.