Author Topic: Joel Embiid now "the process"  (Read 50703 times)

Re: Joel Embiid now "the process"
« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Was listening to the Zach Lowe/Brian WIndhorst podcast and they discuss Embiid quite a bit.  They compare him to a baby giraffe.  Simply breathtaking to behold, but clearly has no idea what he's doing yet.  They suggest that he's probably at like 10% of what he'll eventually become.  SO yeah, obviously it remains to be seen if Embiid will reach his full potential.  But a dude who is able to torch Steven Adams, Dwight Howard and bully big men like Vucevic within his first 3 games... he's already an impact player even if he doesn't reach his sky high ceiling.

If you want to compare him to a breathtaking young big man who hasn't yet reached his ceiling, compare him to Karl Towns.   Bringing up Gerald Green is asinine.

You can't be serious.

Show me where I compared Embiid to Gerald.

Please

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=87232.msg2176280#msg2176280

And, surprise, surprise. Copy paste the forum link into your browser, and it takes you to one of his animated gifs where he accuses everyone in the thread of calling Embiid a bust.

I find it very frustrating that that sort of posting is allowed on such a quality board.
I'm mostly fine with LarBrd's posts on here. And some of his pseudo-trolling/pseudo-trying-to-prove-a-point posts are ok, but only to a certain extent.

Stuff like this, it's just overboard. It's, as you said, trolling. I perfectly understood exactly what you meant, and what you asked of LarBrd. He's just trying now to muddle up the whole thread.

LarBrd, do you have a lot of free time on your hands? You're almost always on here. Almost always writing these elaborate and long comments that often times don't even address the previous comment or the topic of the thread. You make all these gifs and videos, you had your Noel twitter picture thing earlier this summer. How do you have the time to do all this man?

It seems like you're stewing. No reason to say LarBrd has a lot of times on his hands. I'm sure he has a great life. And he isn't always on here actually. He's been a member for a while and that is the reason for his high post numbers. I'm sure you average more posts a day then him.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I never said anything about his life.

All im saying is, for a guy who loves to poke fun and stuff like that, he certainly puts a great deal of effort into it.

and, regarding your last sentence:

LarBrd: 18971 (5.277 per day)
Me: 3519 (3.613 per day)
but whats the true shooting % difference?
Adjust it to Per-36 and my posts aren't all that excessive.

OK that is pretty funny.

« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2016, 05:53:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How is this thread not locked? It is just two guys arguing for 3 pages and insulting each other and talking about how many posts a day they make. This hasn't been about Embiid for pages. Im all for good spirited debate and have had many myself including with LB, but this is ridiculous.
I imagine this can continue as the defacto Embiid hype thread until his foot inevitably falls off.

« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
How is this thread not locked? It is just two guys arguing for 3 pages and insulting each other and talking about how many posts a day they make. This hasn't been about Embiid for pages. Im all for good spirited debate and have had many myself including with LB, but this is ridiculous.
I imagine this can continue as the defacto Embiid hype thread until his foot inevitably falls off.

I am starting to think he will never miss a game with injury (precautionary rest doesn't count). Related to locking the thread, if it can stay on track great, I just usually know what direction it is going when people start insinuating the other person is a loser because they post too much. Thankfully it appears that was averted with timely comedy.

Related to Noel, maybe we should make a thread for him. It seems like the 76ers fans have really turned on him. I could find a story where they got this, but they were all saying he doesn't come to the stadium for games because he is injured, but then went to the stadium for a concert.
It also seems like there was debate about whether he chose to have elective surgery as a means of staying off the court. The 76ers, aside from this forum, aren't discussed all that much because they are still struggling on the court. I imagine if this was zaza pachulia on the warriors there would be an entire part o espn dedicated to analyzing it. I still dont really know what Noel is doing.

« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2016, 06:05:55 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Wait a second? You went on a 6 page binder on tiers with LB and you have the gall to say something? I hope you're joking.

And I think it's well-known I like Larbrrd. I think tanking is good. It's fun having conversations with him because he debates like Skip Bayless. He's very good with making sure he doesn't get stuck in a rabbit hole.

« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2016, 06:07:49 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Was listening to the Zach Lowe/Brian WIndhorst podcast and they discuss Embiid quite a bit.  They compare him to a baby giraffe.  Simply breathtaking to behold, but clearly has no idea what he's doing yet.  They suggest that he's probably at like 10% of what he'll eventually become.  SO yeah, obviously it remains to be seen if Embiid will reach his full potential.  But a dude who is able to torch Steven Adams, Dwight Howard and bully big men like Vucevic within his first 3 games... he's already an impact player even if he doesn't reach his sky high ceiling.

If you want to compare him to a breathtaking young big man who hasn't yet reached his ceiling, compare him to Karl Towns.   Bringing up Gerald Green is asinine.

You can't be serious.

Show me where I compared Embiid to Gerald.

Please

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=87232.msg2176280#msg2176280

And, surprise, surprise. Copy paste the forum link into your browser, and it takes you to one of his animated gifs where he accuses everyone in the thread of calling Embiid a bust.

I find it very frustrating that that sort of posting is allowed on such a quality board.
I'm mostly fine with LarBrd's posts on here. And some of his pseudo-trolling/pseudo-trying-to-prove-a-point posts are ok, but only to a certain extent.

Stuff like this, it's just overboard. It's, as you said, trolling. I perfectly understood exactly what you meant, and what you asked of LarBrd. He's just trying now to muddle up the whole thread.

LarBrd, do you have a lot of free time on your hands? You're almost always on here. Almost always writing these elaborate and long comments that often times don't even address the previous comment or the topic of the thread. You make all these gifs and videos, you had your Noel twitter picture thing earlier this summer. How do you have the time to do all this man?

It seems like you're stewing. No reason to say LarBrd has a lot of times on his hands. I'm sure he has a great life. And he isn't always on here actually. He's been a member for a while and that is the reason for his high post numbers. I'm sure you average more posts a day then him.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I never said anything about his life.

All im saying is, for a guy who loves to poke fun and stuff like that, he certainly puts a great deal of effort into it.

and, regarding your last sentence:

LarBrd: 18971 (5.277 per day)
Me: 3519 (3.613 per day)
but whats the true shooting % difference?
Adjust it to Per-36 and my posts aren't all that excessive.
TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2016, 07:37:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Wait a second? You went on a 6 page binder on tiers with LB and you have the gall to say something? I hope you're joking.

And I think it's well-known I like Larbrrd. I think tanking is good. It's fun having conversations with him because he debates like Skip Bayless. He's very good with making sure he doesn't get stuck in a rabbit hole.

I have more gumption than gall. But i already explained what i meant.

Can someone respond to my noel question please?

« Reply #351 on: November 03, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
To get this topic back on Embiid, Patrick Ewing apparently said Embiid might be the most talented NBA center after watching some preseason film.  Clearly he's very high on Embiid's potential.  Other than health concerns, I'm confident Embiid will get close to his potential as he gains more experience. 
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20161103_Hornets_glad_Embiid_is_at_home.html

As for the Sixers, they may not reach their championship contender potential but with all their assets the Colangelos are really going to have to screw up to not build a solid playoff team around Simmons and Embiid.  Even if you completely write off Noel and Okafor, they still have 5 more good first round picks over the next 3 drafts. 

« Reply #352 on: November 03, 2016, 08:32:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

I have more gumption than gall. But i already explained what i meant.

Can someone respond to my noel question please?
A few months ago, I think the Sixers would have preferred to trade Okafor and keep Noel because Noel fits their fast pace defensive style they'd like to play.  Now I think Noel's comments and antics have eliminated that possibility.  They did call Noel's surgery elective so it seems like they didn't think it was necessary before this season.  Here's a brief story/video claiming Noel was at some show in Philly rather than visiting his doctor in Alabama. 
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2180374;topic=87232.345

Noel is supposed to be back in a few weeks.  It will be interesting to see if that occurs and how he will fit into the team.  The Sixers certainly won't take minutes away from Embiid.  Will they take minutes from Okafor and Holmes or will they let Noel ride the bench?  The former may increase his trade value but it will take development time from Okafor and Holmes. 

« Reply #353 on: November 04, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Embiid looks good. Still can't say with certainty that he will remain healthy. That's always been the question, because there is no doubt he is a future HOF.

He has a FG% of under 46% after 3 games in 3 seasons.