Author Topic: trouble uploading a new image...  (Read 30986 times)

trouble uploading a new image...
« on: December 25, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
hello all. i am trying to change the pix on the left of my posts, below the stars, since it appears as broken. i went to my profile to change the pix, but it would not save the image. i tried jpg and pdf without success.

any suggestions please?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: trouble uploading a new image...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:52:43 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
make sure its not to big and instead of uploading from your computer, upload it to tiny pic and upload to the site that way

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
make sure its not to big and instead of uploading from your computer, upload it to tiny pic and upload to the site that way
thank you but i have no idea what a tiny pic is or how to upload it there.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I feel your pain .......I had no problem when the joined with that avatar upload .  But it sure won't work now .   After the site crashed ......it will not work the same.

I've been working on tHis for months to no avail.   

The load says successful .....then it won't appear as my avatar .   So it's beyond me .....it once worked several years back when I joined .....so something else is now different ......the same avatar I had now won't show .   It if gave me a reason .....but the load runs as successful .

Just very frustrating ......I hate computer s and I'm not inclined to set there and fiddle with crap like this that I can see no obvious reason it shouldn't work.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
what image are you trying to upload?

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 02:55:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
what image are you trying to upload?
not sure what you mean. do you wish me to describe the pix to you?  :o

i tried both pdf and jpg, neither worked. it is only 764 kb. it is on my desktop. i own a mac.

what do you need to know?
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
This forum is falling apart and it's a shame.

- No longer embed YouTube videos
- No longer upload images to a post.

What is going on here?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I can't seem to upload a new avatar to my profile.  I had one for many years (a pic of Johnny Most) but it seems to have disappeared a few months ago.  When I go to my profile and try to upload a pic, I get a message that says:
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.
I'm not sure if this is because the system thinks I still have a profile picture, or if there is a glitch.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Same here. I've tried several times and nothing works.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good to know it's not only me.

My images are not large, only around 400kB.  I've tried a few different images and pulled them from different places such as a thumb drive and my desktop, nothing works.

What's strange is that I had the same avatar for many, many years (pic of Johnny Most), and it just disappeared for no apparent reason a few months ago.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 07:56:02 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Good to know it's not only me.

My images are not large, only around 400kB.  I've tried a few different images and pulled them from different places such as a thumb drive and my desktop, nothing works.

What's strange is that I had the same avatar for many, many years (pic of Johnny Most), and it just disappeared for no apparent reason a few months ago.
There's a certain max dimension, download mine and that's how big it should be. Also upload it to the site through a URL address instead of straight from your computer

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Just pick one from the gallery. They have a great selection!

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
LarBrd33 made a post a couple of years ago that I used to get my avatar back.  It seemed to work for almost everyone in that thread who tried it:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=80755.0
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:14:07 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class