Author Topic: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game #1 12/23/20  (Read 53646 times)

Re: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game #1 12/23/20
« Reply #825 on: December 24, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don’t know if it was mentioned but Pritchard looked like an NBA player in limited minutes last night. I know he will most likely only see garbage time when Kemba gets back. Teague adds a high level of shooting and scoring off the bench. It’s nice to see that we have some end of rotation players that can actually play. PP doesn’t look like he’s afraid of anything. Tough kid.

I agree.  Tom Westerholm on his podcast Ginotime this morning made fun of him, said he didn't look like he had a clue, but think he was off base. TP. I think he is just trying to cover up for the fact that he had PP rated so low in his mock draft.

Pritchard had one bad play last night: a possession where he dribbled aimlessly for 15 seconds and then hoisted a piece of garbage at the end of the clock.

Aside from that play, he defended the way I want him to defend and took the shots he needs to take.  If that is how he plays, he’ll be a good player for us.

You made a similar comment during the game I dsagreed with you then, and I disagree with you now. That play was okay it shows that he is not overwhelmed by the moment. Sure he missed the shot, but much more than that it showed me that he is a gamer and will not shy away from making plays. That is exactly what you need from  your players not someone that does not want the ball and is looking to get rid of it like a hot potato.

« Reply #826 on: December 24, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Watching and reading about the game on ESPN, Giannis and Tatum are the players talked about ad nauseum. Brown, the best player on the floor on either team last night is barely mentioned in print and not mentioned in highlights.
It’s not just ESPN. The Celtics very own social media team gabe player of the game to Tatum, bafflingly.

It's not all that baffling....Tatum did hit a ridiculous game winning step back 3 pt bank shot...

Brown was spectacularly solid

Edit: or was it unspectacularly awesome?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:01:54 PM by mobilija »

« Reply #827 on: December 24, 2020, 06:38:18 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Watching and reading about the game on ESPN, Giannis and Tatum are the players talked about ad nauseum. Brown, the best player on the floor on either team last night is barely mentioned in print and not mentioned in highlights.
It’s not just ESPN. The Celtics very own social media team gabe player of the game to Tatum, bafflingly.

It's not all that baffling....Tatum did hit a ridiculous game winning step back 3 pt bank shot...

did Tatum call glass?

« Reply #828 on: December 24, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

did Tatum call glass?

Does it matter?

I did say ridiculous...

« Reply #829 on: December 24, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
https://twitter.com/keithsmithnba/status/1342222788703227911?s=21
indisputable proof that refs hate celtics

With a review as they did on this play, I assume the refs are able to overturn the call - is that correct? 
If so, not only did they make the wrong call in real time, the correct call was missed by whoever reviews the play.  That seems pretty bad to me.

An absolutely horrid call but lucky the Greek freak is a really bad free throw shooter. It looked bad in real time and was easily viewed on reply. What are the refs penalized for that?

Fines?

« Reply #830 on: December 24, 2020, 07:41:08 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I'm late with this point, but here goes.

Stevens has not used much in the way of bench minutes for three seasons at least. Didn't have much of a bench, thus no surprise here. I usually jot down the bench minutes.

Celtics 84 minutes and 34 points
Bucks 73 minutes and 12 points.

If the Celtics bench got 70 minutes last season it was rare.

Stevens, over time, will be happy with a 7 man rotation.
Again, if there isn't a good player on the bench? Nothing can be done.

My point is that if Smart, Tatum, Brown are going to each play 40 minutes a game in a playoff series it becomes a factor.

Legs are legs and shots are shots and I'm sure their stats freaks have looked at this.

If the guy you are up against is fresher that can have an impact.

« Reply #831 on: December 24, 2020, 07:55:21 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I take it that coaches can't challenge calls this year?  Otherwise, we would've challenged the bogus Tristan call on Giannis.  Is that true?

« Reply #832 on: December 24, 2020, 07:58:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I take it that coaches can't challenge calls this year?  Otherwise, we would've challenged the bogus Tristan call on Giannis.  Is that true?

Challenges have been adopted by the NBA.

« Reply #833 on: December 24, 2020, 08:01:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Was the play reviewed and the refs determined it was a foul on Thompson? Thought it was reviewed.

« Reply #834 on: December 24, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

With a review as they did on this play, I assume the refs are able to overturn the call - is that correct? 
If so, not only did they make the wrong call in real time, the correct call was missed by whoever reviews the play.  That seems pretty bad to me.

An absolutely horrid call but lucky the Greek freak is a really bad free throw shooter. It looked bad in real time and was easily viewed on reply. What are the refs penalized for that?

Fines?
on the nba review it said that they did review to see whether the foul was called before time ran out. which it was. but the actual foul itself was not reviewable. so once the call was made it was a done deal.

see below:

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022000003

00:00.0   Foul: Loose Ball   Tristan Thompson   Giannis Antetokounmpo   IC   Video   
Comment:   Thompson (BOS) and Antetokounmpo (MIL) both make a legal attempt to reach the inbound pass, and the contact should have been deemed incidental. Referees reviewed the call in instant replay as per the automatic trigger for fouls called at when there is no time remaining on the clock at the end of any period to confirm that the foul was called before the expiration of time, but the foul itself is not a reviewable matter.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #835 on: December 24, 2020, 09:34:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
They talked about it on the TV post game. Supposedly Brad didn't have any TO's left so he couldn't.

« Reply #836 on: December 24, 2020, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Fines?
on the nba review it said that they did review to see whether the foul was called before time ran out. which it was. but the actual foul itself was not reviewable. so once the call was made it was a done deal.

see below:

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022000003

00:00.0   Foul: Loose Ball   Tristan Thompson   Giannis Antetokounmpo   IC   Video   
Comment:   Thompson (BOS) and Antetokounmpo (MIL) both make a legal attempt to reach the inbound pass, and the contact should have been deemed incidental. Referees reviewed the call in instant replay as per the automatic trigger for fouls called at when there is no time remaining on the clock at the end of any period to confirm that the foul was called before the expiration of time, but the foul itself is not a reviewable matter.

It should be common sense that it’s reviewable. How stupid of the NBA. These games matter. Being told the next day that your team was screwed is infuriating. I’m so glad Giannis can’t shoot free throws.

« Reply #837 on: December 25, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm not sure how Boston fans can watch this game against a stout defense and not see how James Harden would help immensely. We can't get into the paint and we are struggling to get good shots.

I'm not here to debate what we should send, but for Celtics fans to just outright say we just don't want or need him is silly.