Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49715 times)

Re: If LeBron goes to Philly it's Game Over
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2018, 06:11:36 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You know how I know that LeBron is going to Philly? Because everyone I think about it I throw up in my mouth. Someone please post the photo of KG, Saric, and Embiid. KG looks small compared to those guys. It's shocking that Saric is that big and Embiid makes both of them look small.

It is also well documented that Ben Simmons is LeBron's little buddy in Mentor and I don't buy the fact that LeBron and Simmons can't play together they would be unbelievable together coupled with Saric, who is way underrated, and an emerging Fultz and that team is unbeatable until LeBron loses his magic.

That's 3 Franchise players on the same team, LeBron, Simmons, Embiid. Plus number one overall pick Fultz. A couple of veteran shooters or Three and D guys and it's a wrap.

Embiid
 Saric
 LeBron
 Fultz/Covington
 Simmons

By the way, Philly has one 10 in a row without LeBron. I rest my case.
LeBron getting old.Fultz.Simmons can't shoot a lick,  Embiid made of glass and Covington is largely overpaid,  Saric a role player/average starter

I don't see what to be afraid of? maybe the name on paper?
Very head in the sand of you.   

Lebron still the best player in the game.  Imagine him on a young, good team where he doesn't have to play so many minutes.  Imagine him on a top defensive team. 
Embiid arguably the best center in the game.  He was on track for 70 games played until this weird facial injury.  Imagine him on a team where he's the 2nd best player. 
Simmons is essentially a 6'10 playoff Rondo at this point.  He doesn't need to be able to shoot a lick with Lebron and Embiid and a couple of shooters on the court.  However if he should develop a decent jumper, watch out. 
Covington is most definitely not overpaid.  He signed a front loaded contract so his salary drops to 10.4M next season.  That's a bargain for a good, starting 3+D wing. 
Saric may just be an average starter but he only needs to be their 4th or 5th best player.  He improved his 3pt shooting to 39.9% this season.  Best of all he's still got 2 years left of his rookie contract. 
Fultz seems to be getting back on track now.  I don't think he's a franchise player but if he becomes an average started that's plenty good enough for a stacked team. 
Redick most likely re-signs with the Sixers on a much more reasonable contract if Lebron signs with the Sixers. 
The Sixers were already able to attract two of the best players (Ilyasova and Bellineli) available after this trade deadline.  Imagine how well they'd do as a true championship contender.   
The Sixers have good cap space.  They'd only have 2 big contracts with Lebron and Embiid.  There'd be no luxury tax concerns for a few years.  They could even trade for another Max player. 
The Sixers have another chance to get a good young player with the LaKings pick.  Plus they have their own 1sts, a bunch of 2nds and some young players (Korkmaz, TLC, Bolden, ...) who could develop.  Heck, they could get really lucky and get the #1 picks in 2018 and 2019. 

Pretty scary if they get Lebron and things go reasonably well for them.   
Well to me you are the one putting your head in the sand from your scary imaginations but OK

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2018, 07:09:22 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Maybe I'm old and grumpy and from a different generation but guys forming super teams has become super lame.

Get off my lawn!
ok fine

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2018, 08:00:57 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Maybe I'm old and grumpy and from a different generation but guys forming super teams has become super lame.

Get off my lawn!

I get you.
But honestly, we the fans deserve some blame as well.
We don't give some transcendental ringless guys enough credit.
Even if a guy wins "just one", like say, Dirk, he can never match someone that has 3 or 4.
Players figured that out and went the other route.
Heck, the best player of our era sneezed in for his rings,
the 2nd best repeated that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:09:20 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2018, 08:26:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
They don't have the cap or media presence to make it happen but Lebron should find a way to go to Portland.

Lillard/CJ/Aminu/Bron/Nurkic

Aminu is shooting the best percentage of corner three's this year in the league. One of Lebrons best weapons is his ability to hit the guy for the corner three.

CJ is one of the best spot up shooters in the game whether its a pull up 2 or from the three point line. He doesnt get to the line much because his jumper is so sweet. A perfect Lebron compliment.

I think Nurkic gets a little nasty with Lebron chirpin in his ear. Nasty Nurkic is beastly.

Then of course Lillard is just deadly.

« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Get off my lawn!

I get you.
Even if a guy wins "just one", like say, Dirk, he can never match someone that has 3 or 4.
Sneezed? 

« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2018, 08:53:33 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Get off my lawn!

I get you.
Sneezed?
Squeezed!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2018, 10:05:13 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
At some point in the near future, LeBron will take his talents to a max contract. The team that signs him to a max deal is going to regret it halfway into it. It may not be obvious to the untrained eye, but he is showing signs of slowing down. Athletic only players don't age well, and he has so many miles on the tires. He has no jumpshot or 3 pointer to fall back on, so once the motor starts to die down, he's finished.

Add to that our serious (i.e. we are the favorites to win every year) championship window is in about 3 years from now when Horford comes off the books (re-signs for Vet Min or MLE, please?) and Tatum is a top 20 player in the league, and you shouldn't concern yourself too much with LeBron. He should be doing his farewell tour by then on an inflated contract.

He's also not going to Philly. A young team and a 34 year old looking to win now are incompatible. He's going to join a sure thing like the coward we all know him to be.

« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
At some point in the near future, LeBron will take his talents to a max contract. The team that signs him to a max deal is going to regret it halfway into it. It may not be obvious to the untrained eye, but he is showing signs of slowing down. Athletic only players don't age well, and he has so many miles on the tires. He has no jumpshot or 3 pointer to fall back on, so once the motor starts to die down, he's finished.

Add to that our serious (i.e. we are the favorites to win every year) championship window is in about 3 years from now when Horford comes off the books (re-signs for Vet Min or MLE, please?) and Tatum is a top 20 player in the league, and you shouldn't concern yourself too much with LeBron. He should be doing his farewell tour by then on an inflated contract.

He's also not going to Philly. A young team and a 34 year old looking to win now are incompatible. He's going to join a sure thing like the coward we all know him to be.
I don't even know where to begin with this post.  Just so much wrong with it. 

First, James has had 5 of his last 7 season shooting over 36% from three.  While not elite, that certainly is good enough.  Those same 5 seasons, he also shot well over 40% from 10-16 feet.  Again, not elite, but again good enough.  His TS% in each of the last two seasons is 61.9% and his eFG% is pushing 60%, which is most definitely elite.  He doesn't get all of those shots solely because he is an elite athlete, he gets them because he is highly skilled and incredibly strong as well. 

Second, physically Karl Malone is probably the best comparison.  He was a similar height and similar strength.  James is obviously far more athletic than Malone ever was, but they look fairly similar physically.  Malone was never injured until his final year in the league at age 40.  At age 39 Malone played in 80 games and was still averaging over 20 a game.  He won the MVP at age 35, finished 4th at age 36, and 7th at 37.  Now obviously James isn't Malone, but the physical similarities can't be disregarded either. 

Third, the Sixers are the exact type of team a guy like James would join if his goal was to continue winning championships.  They have at least 2 franchise level talents in Embiid and Simmons (that doesn't mean they both fulfill that potential or that they stay healthy) as well as Fultz (who was the #1 pick for a reason), Saric (who has all star level talent), and Covington (solid 3 and D level starter).  They have other young NBA bench level players (McConnell, Holmes, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Korkmaz).  They have the Lakers or Kings pick in addition to every single one of their own picks.  With a simple salary dump of Bayless, they have room to offer James a max contract.  They can then use some of their assets to acquire another top level player (think the Love trade), while still keeping Embiid and Simmons.  The Sixers are a 50 win team (or right near it) without James and basically without Fultz (thus making them a far better team than the Cleveland team James joined when he went back home).  You add James to that team, they are the clear favorites in the East for at least the next couple of seasons, and it really isn't much of a debate. 

James is easy to hate and easy to dislike, so I don't know why anyone needs to just make stuff up to hate on him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
If Boston beats The Cavs and LeBron loses to Kyrie, he goes to the 76ers just out of spite😂

« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

First, James has had 5 of his last 7 season shooting over 36% from three.  While not elite, that certainly is good enough.  Those same 5 seasons, he also shot well over 40% from 10-16 feet.  Again, not elite, but again good enough.  His TS% in each of the last two seasons is 61.9% and his eFG% is pushing 60%, which is most definitely elite.  He doesn't get all of those shots solely because he is an elite athlete, he gets them because he is highly skilled and incredibly strong as well. 

Second, physically Karl Malone is probably the best comparison.  He was a similar height and similar strength.  James is obviously far more athletic than Malone ever was, but they look fairly similar physically.  Malone was never injured until his final year in the league at age 40.  At age 39 Malone played in 80 games and was still averaging over 20 a game.  He won the MVP at age 35, finished 4th at age 36, and 7th at 37.  Now obviously James isn't Malone, but the physical similarities can't be disregarded either. 

Third, the Sixers are the exact type of team a guy like James would join if his goal was to continue winning championships.  They have at least 2 franchise level talents in Embiid and Simmons (that doesn't mean they both fulfill that potential or that they stay healthy) as well as Fultz (who was the #1 pick for a reason), Saric (who has all star level talent), and Covington (solid 3 and D level starter).  They have other young NBA bench level players (McConnell, Holmes, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Korkmaz).  They have the Lakers or Kings pick in addition to every single one of their own picks.  With a simple salary dump of Bayless, they have room to offer James a max contract.  They can then use some of their assets to acquire another top level player (think the Love trade), while still keeping Embiid and Simmons.  The Sixers are a 50 win team (or right near it) without James and basically without Fultz (thus making them a far better team than the Cleveland team James joined when he went back home).  You add James to that team, they are the clear favorites in the East for at least the next couple of seasons, and it really isn't much of a debate. 

James is easy to hate and easy to dislike, so I don't know why anyone needs to just make stuff up to hate on him.

I agree with the sentiment here regarding James’ likelihood to continue to perform well into his late 30’s, but you disregard how poorly he would fit in with Simmons and Fultz.  Those two can’t even play together given their overlapping need to control the ball and poor outside shooting, and the Sixers would add James to that group? I see Simmons really having a problem with that. I think James knows he is most effective surrounded by 3 point shooters. Not saying it won’t happen, just that it makes little sense for all involved. Maybe if Sixers offered Simmons and Fultz package for Davis, then I could see James coming in. That (James, Davis and Embiid) would be a dominant team.

« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Definitely a popular opinion. Can't say I blame you. In two years from now, you'll see that I'm most likely correct. Numbers rarely lie and "father time always wins." A few points:

1) Karl Malone came into the league at 22. If comparing them, you need to compare LeBron's current season to Malone's at 36. As you can see, sure he might give you 1 or 2 more "good" years, but is Malone's production at 39 worth a max deal? Definitely not. Also, Malone had a disgusting post game. Other than athleticism, LeBron's real only spectacular offensive ability is court vision/passing. He can be a point guard at some point once the legs and back start failing. Like I said, though, it's an overpay. There are far better ACTUAL point guards than him that can be gotten for dirt cheap. He's just impressive because he's athletic AND can be a PG. Again, it all goes back to athleticism.

2) His shooting levels are not max worthy. You can't hype them enough to have a leg to stand on in this argument. He's a very average shooter. In fact, teams used to just dare him to shoot when he was actually unstoppable driving to the lane. Now that he isn't that explosive anymore and his shooting is up, they're taking the compromise and guarding him midway. He still has a long way to go, though, to be useful in his twilight years.

3) Embiid and Simmons are already franchise levels talents? Give me a break. I'm afraid to inform you that the koolaid was poison. You also had the nerve to even mention Markelle Fultz? Saric? Covington? McConnell?? Jesus Christ you sound like a 76ers fanboy or Danny Ainge when talking about Terry Rozier. While the team MAY be good (depending on Embiid's health) in say 3 or 4 years, LeBron will be long past his prime by then. This isn't a good situation for him.

I believe that he goes to a team like the Rockets or Spurs.

Re: If LeBron goes to Philly it's Game Over
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
We already have another sky is falling thread involving LeBron going to Philly.  Was this one necessary.  Besides it is not even true, we are done, the game is not over.  Embiid just got hurt again was still have playing time restrictions.   No way does LeBron look at Fultz and say I want to pass the torch to this guy or play with him.   Relax!

What are u guys even taking about with Fultz? He's just a bonus and a potential huge trade piece. It's LeBron, Embiid, And Simmons that are the franchise. Saric and Covington are great role players and again you could get a great package for Fultz. Example, Veteran three and D PG plus a rotation player and a draft pick.

« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2018, 11:39:37 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If the Sixers trade for Kawhi then sign LeBron we might end up being doomed.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2018, 11:48:00 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Yes. We are 100% screwed if Lebron teams up with Simmons and Embiid. So is the rest of the league. I'd love to see how that style of play compares to Golden State's perimeter game.

« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2018, 11:54:57 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If the Sixers trade for Kawhi then sign LeBron we might end up being doomed.

yeah that would totally suck.  At first ...until brothers stopped being brothers and jealousy sits in.    Leonards the only one who can defensively put some clamps on Lebron. .......both on same team would not be good.

Lebrons biggest issue is GETTING along with others on a team.....something he never learned , being spoiled since he was 15 years old. ....he is a BAD lsitener ......awful to coach ......Im not sure how many REAl coachs want to be bossed by a single player.  He needs a baby sitter and yes man .

There are other alpha s on Philly, not sure these rising  stars want to bossed and dropped a rung on the importance ladder submitting to Lebron .    Irving and Bosh learned to hate his dominating presence.

Other than Doc Rivers. " surpreme brown noser"  .....and Lakers .....who,will change coaches for players on a whim and specialize in Diva kissing  .....there are not alot situations that welcome Lebron and his personality.  or the teams have real coach ...like Mavs ...who won't put up,with Lebrons childish behavior.

Lakers where the kids are not stars but really good  ,  the coach is expendable,  and the frontboffice will do anything to make him happy seems the best place for Lebron. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:00:46 PM by SHAQATTACK »