Author Topic: Will Hayward/Brown make it back to the starting lineup by the end of the season?  (Read 1861 times)

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Hayward is the really interesting question to me. Everyone I hear talk about it seems to assume that he'll be moved back into the starting lineup when he's played himself back to 100% but when that happens, the team still would seem more balanced with him coming off the bench.

And I'm starting to think he's not going to be 100% this season. He'll get close and he'll look like Utah Gordon Hayward on some nights but these things take time. I don't think KG was ever 100% in the 2010 season. Paul George had a hot start when he came back from his injury but he wasn't really right until the season after.

Maybe Hayward stays on the bench, wins 6MOY, and then he moves into the starting lineup next season after the roster shuffles a little.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It's more a matter of chemistry. Especially with a team with this many quality moving parts. Sometimes too much of one thing isn't good. Too many players that need the ball in their hands sometimes don't' mesh well.

I like the aggressive attitude of this starting five, I like how this team can throw waves of good players at an opposing team off the bench too.

IMO Brown need time watching the game from the bench until he figures a way to let the game come to him, and stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Hayward needs more time to physically gain his full confidence.

In certain instances, like an injury, I can see either returning to the starting line up.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
At least one IMO

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Neither one deserves to be in the starting Line up at this point in the season.  Brown has regressed and Hayward has not rebounded from his injury yet.  The toughness that Smart and Morris to the starting lineup is the reason we are winning more consistently.  Brown and Hayward are softer players and don’t play tough basketball that we need in there every night. 

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Hayward won't be ready to be a full time starter until next season.

Brown might make his way back into the starting lineup, but I suspect his role for the foreseeable future will be coming off the bench.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think Hayward could be back to being a star by March

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 134
Not sure Brown will be here. Hugh contract will keep Hayward from being traded.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure Brown will be here. Hugh contract will keep Hayward from being traded.
Brown is going nowhere this year or next unless it's in a trade for a superstar.